ADVERTISEMENT

IU Board......

Haven’t they lost to 4 highly ranked teams? Their D is pretty good. They aren’t great offensively unless Penix returns to form from last year. He hasn’t played well this year, but last year he was really good in their big wins.

Reactions: indyogb
Haven’t they lost to 4 highly ranked teams? Their D is pretty good. They aren’t great offensively unless Penix returns to form from last year. He hasn’t played well this year, but last year he was really good in their big wins.
Their D is "pretty good"...their offense is not good...and, Penix was not great a year ago...and, their "big" wins were incredibly misleading, as Ole MIss' JV team showed, along with the reality check delivered by everyone else this year.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
That's long been the Indinia story ... able to win games they're supposed to win, but completely sh*tting the bed when they play teams with talent.

Penix has talent, but his skill was negated with injuries. Now, he's an average (or below average) pocket passer.

Reactions: purduepat1969
That's long been the Indinia story ... able to win games they're supposed to win, but completely sh*tting the bed when they play teams with talent.

Penix has talent, but his skill was negated with injuries. Now, he's an average (or below average) pocket passer.
I watched a few games last year and I thought Penix was a 3-4 round NFL guy. I thought he elevated the entire team with his mobility and his arm. He isn’t the same player this year. Tuttle is average.

I watched their game today. Their defense was good. They made a few plays. I really thought MSU looked beatable.

I watched a few games last year and I thought Penix was a 3-4 round NFL guy. I thought he elevated the entire team with his mobility and his arm. He isn’t the same player this year. Tuttle is average.

I watched their game today. Their defense was good. They made a few plays. I really thought MSU looked beatable.
There LB’s are stellar, but it was Peyton Thorne passing the ball.

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
There LB’s are stellar, but it was Peyton Thorne passing the ball.
Agreed. Didn’t think IU was too worried about the pass. MSU’s RB is a beast, but The QB was average at best. Doesn’t mean he can’t catch fire against us.

IU was decent in the secondary and looked like they had a pass rusher or 2.

The Hoosier offense was unimpressive. Their OL isn’t great. The back up QB is one of the worst in the league. None of their skilled guys scared me.

I hope we are healthy against them. Should be a favorite.

Reactions: delarno

I think you are being generous...saying the story is "long"...and, that they are "supposed" to win.

Indinia has not won a legitimate game of significance against a truly quality opponent in a LONG time.

They were a complete fraud a year ago, and, were exposed as such in the bowl game against Ole Miss' JV team.

They had no business being ranked this year, and, have clearly shown as much...repeatedly...to date (and, it is not likely to change the rest of the way).

They are better as a program than they generally have been, but, they are an afterthought in the B1G East, and, always will be, or at least will be when there is not a national pandemic impacting (and changing) a season.

Well that’s the thing right .. with MSU. Does Kenneth Walker scare you? You can’t run at George karlaftis .. the rest of the DL is stout and not small. Graham, KD and Alexander play with plenty of physicality and tackle well.. if you break past them.. you’re gonna get absolutely smacked in the mouth by Marvin grant

this is as physical of a defense as 03 or any ive seen rooting for 23 years did Purdue

you think Adrian Martinez wants to come around a blocker and see Marvin grant a yard away from him with a good angle?

Reactions: delarno
Well that’s the thing right .. with MSU. Does Kenneth Walker scare you? You can’t run at George karlaftis .. the rest of the DL is stout and not small. Graham, KD and Alexander play with plenty of physicality and tackle well.. if you break past them.. you’re gonna get absolutely smacked in the mouth by Marvin grant

this is as physical of a defense as 03 or any ive seen rooting for 23 years did Purdue

you think Adrian Martinez wants to come around a blocker and see Marvin grant a yard away from him with a good angle?
Walker looks pretty good, Similar to the Illinois RB with a better line probably. MSU is pretty physical, but the wr’s and qb combination doesn’t scream top 10 to me. Based on that I think we have a chance to win. 7-0 teams aren’t to be taken lightly.

I think we should be in the game with all our remaining schedule except OSU. We’ll see.

NW and IU look like very winnable games at the end of the season. Hopefully we pick up a win or two before then.

Walker looks pretty good, Similar to the Illinois RB with a better line probably. MSU is pretty physical, but the wr’s and qb combination doesn’t scream top 10 to me. Based on that I think we have a chance to win. 7-0 teams aren’t to be taken lightly.

I think we should be in the game with all our remaining schedule except OSU. We’ll see.

NW and IU look like very winnable games at the end of the season. Hopefully we pick up a win or two before then.
I don’t think he or MSU suck. I respect them .. I’m not afraid of them like I would have been in most recent years.

they are our second most impressive opponent remaining. Everyone else besides them and OSU is meh. We have a shot in all remaining games

I don’t think he or MSU suck. I respect them .. I’m not afraid of them like I would have been in most recent years.

they are our second most impressive opponent remaining. Everyone else besides them and OSU is meh. We have a shot in all remaining games
If our offense continues to click, the sky is the limit. The defense can continue to play well. We can beat anyone out of the top 10. I just need to see the offense keep kicking butt.

Fraudulent over hyped as it gets. This year doesn’t surprise me to say the least. In their overhyped glory of last year and the year prior they had never beaten a team with a winning record, not one. They did what they had to do because they can’t control their opponents seasons but it exemplifies how easy they had it and how much of a house of cards they really are. We’ll beat them this year.

Last edited:

MSU is overrated, having a nice season but they’re bearable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT