ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Sparty tonight

TJD with his first foul with 3 minutes left. IU fans can shut their pie holes about Edey getting breaks.
I think IU pulls this out. Up 5 with 1:41 left … bring it home

Whoever said in another thread that Galloway looks like Robert Smith from the Cure has me dying 🤣

main-qimg-cb0cacb86c378469c41c1213e709e73e-lq

I think IU pulls this out. Up 5 with 1:41 left … bring it home
RU couldn't make plays down the stretch, missed a front end 1 and 1, couldn't rebound an air ball and let them get an easy 2 on it, McConnell was all over the place couldn't hit

Go to the toilet and gag yourself until it is only dry heaves…can shower later…confession tomorrow
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because of thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. Amen.

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because of thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. Amen.
I haven't felt this dirty since I ran into a church naked and the cops got me by the organ

The MSU game is going to come on way late on TV. Auburn and Texas A&M at the under 8 timeout 5 minutes to the hour.

Good for IU and good deal Rutgers shot terrible. IU still needs to play better d and limit the turnovers. Rutgers gave them I little of their own medicine physically.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Rooting for each sounds wrong but that’s what I’ll be doing. In my opinion a team with 5 loses still has a shot at tying for the league, 6 loses and cross them out. I doubt Purdue loses 5 games but it is possible, get Rutgers to 5 and Maryland to 6. I played IU for $50 on ML, it brings back $25, they’re minus 200, I think they win tonight.
IU made a positive contribution to the state tonight

I haven't felt this dirty since I ran into a church naked and the cops got me by the organ
I’ve never been so proud of IU tonight since the Kinsey building and leading the Bigs first drag queen contest. I’m just joking I’m much more proud of IU tonight . It was said in the Medici family that sometimes you must do a little bad for a greater good.

“It is sometimes necessary to do some bad in order to achieve a much greater good.”
Giovanni de' Medici

Good for IU and good deal Rutgers shot terrible. IU still needs to play better d and limit the turnovers. Rutgers gave them I little of their own medicine physically.
You got it the wrong way around. Indiana gave Rutgers a taste of their own medicine.

It is without a doubt a fact, teams who play super physical, don't like being played super physical. Just the same as teams who press, don't like to be pressed.

Reactions: mathboy and indyogb
Idk I thought that was a fair assessment but whatever at least from the IU fans I was entertaining for the game thought the same

IU made a positive contribution to the state tonight
Yes…I know people hate rooting for them however if it helps Purdue I got no problem with it. Personally I don’t hate IU, I grew up rooting for them, the Lewis/Mitchell/Stephens teams made me change, add in a Purdue degree and that was that lol. Not going to lie, Isiah Thomas was my idol as a grade school kid, I wore his jersey with pride at Ready Elementary in Griffith Indiana lol.

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and BTBall
Yes…I know people hate rooting for them however if it helps Purdue I got no problem with it. Personally I don’t hate IU, I grew up rooting for them, the Lewis/Mitchell/Stephens teams made me change, add in a Purdue degree and that was that lol. Not going to lie, Isiah Thomas was my idol as a grade school kid, I wore his jersey with pride at Ready Elementary in Griffith Indiana lol.
A lot of people at a young age in this state, which is before the brain develops, are IU fans. I was a Butler fan at a very early age. Prior to a teenager, I thought I wanted to go to Southern California for the cheerleaders I saw in a S.I. magazine. In early high school I may have had a lean to IU and actually took a class at an IU extension while in high school to prepare for college.

IU and Purdue were never intended to be competitive academically and that truth in many things exists today. The coursework for IU is generally more appealing for most females and the coursework at Purdue is more appealing for most males. None of this should suggest that those courses or going to IU are girly men. That may be a different discussion. Read on...

Many people through Osmosis without any background will opine that it is a social construct, but study on Scandinavian countries show it is not a social construct at all. That is another myth propagated. There were great efforts to provide an egalitarian opportunity between sexes (just using two XX & XY since we are talking science) and yet men and women when free to choose, do so differently.

Women tend to choose things that are "tied to people more" and men tend to choose "things" rather than people. If interested in more understanding, Jordan Peterson does a great job on Intersectionality in general and inside that, some video on studies of men/women in a lot of locations inside YouTube which has not been censored yet as far as I know. I know when discussing "women studies" he doesn't mention Thomas Sowell but agrees with his "Conflict of Vision" commonly held by those that align more in "unconstrained vision". It is well worth a person's time to differentiate indoctrination from education.

IU did a good thing last night to provide more cushion for Purdue. When it got close I was wanting some bad calls or the fans to start throwing things at the Rutger bench to show this game was as important as teh Purdue game. Whenever you happen to encounter something that IU does that is good, particularly for the good people... appreciation for that feat should be taken. Last night I was as crazy as a typical IU fan. This morning after some sleep I'm not so much a fan...

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosiers317
A lot of people at a young age in this state, which is before the brain develops, are IU fans. I was a Butler fan at a very early age. Prior to a teenager, I thought I wanted to go to Southern California for the cheerleaders I saw in a S.I. magazine. In early high school I may have had a lean to IU and actually took a class at an IU extension while in high school to prepare for college.

IU and Purdue were never intended to be competitive academically and that truth in many things exists today. The coursework for IU is generally more appealing for most females and the coursework at Purdue is more appealing for most males. None of this should suggest that those courses or going to IU are girly men. That may be a different discussion. Read on...

Many people through Osmosis without any background will opine that it is a social construct, but study on Scandinavian countries show it is not a social construct at all. That is another myth propagated. There were great efforts to provide an egalitarian opportunity between sexes (just using two XX & XY since we are talking science) and yet men and women when free to choose, do so differently.

Women tend to choose things that are "tied to people more" and men tend to choose "things" rather than people. If interested in more understanding, Jordan Peterson does a great job on Intersectionality in general and inside that, some video on studies of men/women in a lot of locations inside YouTube which has not been censored yet as far as I know. I know when discussing "women studies" he doesn't mention Thomas Sowell but agrees with his "Conflict of Vision" commonly held by those that align more in "unconstrained vision". It is well worth a person's time to differentiate indoctrination from education.

IU did a good thing last night to provide more cushion for Purdue. When it got close I was wanting some bad calls or the fans to start throwing things at the Rutger bench to show this game was as important as teh Purdue game. Whenever you happen to encounter something that IU does that is good, particularly for the good people... appreciation for that feat should be taken. Last night I was as crazy as a typical IU fan. This morning after some sleep I'm not so much a fan...

Not on this board much, but this is comical. I sincerely hope this is satire. Either way, congrats on your eventual Big Ten Championship. Hoping for a healthy remainder of the season and for both teams to do well come March. Good luck!

Reactions: BTBall
Not on this board much, but this is comical. I sincerely hope this is satire. Either way, congrats on your eventual Big Ten Championship. Hoping for a healthy remainder of the season and for both teams to do well come March. Good luck!
As I said people will opine with an understanding gained by Osmosis. Obviously, you have no background and such to state what you did. You would do well to read a bit from Thomas Sowell and understand what Jordan Peterson says...both with MANY years of data for understanding. However, I know subject content is of no interest to some.

Last edited:
As I said people will opine with an understanding gained by Osmosis. Obviously, you have no background and such to state what you did. You would do well to read a bit from Thomas Sowell and understand what Jordan Peterson says...both with MANY years of data for understanding. However, I know subject content is of no interest to some.
I understand the concepts, and have listened to plenty of Jordan Peterson, but it seems to be far-fetched to draw this into an IU vs Purdue debate when we're talking about a basketball game/team. Seems a bit off topic and a discussion for another forum all together. Again, good luck.

Reactions: BTBall and IMSKRONG
Ha unfortunately this is not satire. This handle you are replying too is the screaming definition of an inferiority complex.

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
I understand the concepts, and have listened to plenty of Jordan Peterson, but it seems to be far-fetched to draw this into an IU vs Purdue debate when we're talking about a basketball game/team. Seems a bit off topic and a discussion for another forum all together. Again, good luck.
Your comments left an impression you knew very little of both. What you may not know was an IU fan NOT caring about academics and only sport accomplishments while bowing at the feet of popularity relative to fan bases. Another person that said he attended both, said he cared about both and so in the context of all that was the origination of both schools missions and how they were never intended to compete academically...which they don't. Purdue fans typically have a tie into the academics and school of Purdue. That is not shared to the same degree with IU fans and so yeah, there was some tie in, but since you said you had little to no time on this site...that could easily be missed.

Ha unfortunately this is not satire. This handle you are replying too is the screaming definition of an inferiority complex.
inferiority complex from one that has never offered substantive dialog with a hint of intelligence, indicative of a background of relevant knowledge in the appropraite domain missing, and instead attacks the messenger and hopes nobody notices. I'd betcha in our comparison, but it appears you do not pay when you lose...and your historic posting proves my point...

inferiority complex from one that has never offered substantive dialog with a hint of intelligence, indicative of a background of relevant knowledge in the appropraite domain missing, and instead attacks the messenger and hopes nobody notices. I'd betcha in our comparison, but it appears you do not pay when you lose...and your historic posting proves my point...
It's a forum about basketball, it ain't that deep chief. If I wanted worldly advice and intellectual dialogue I certainly wouldn't be here, obviously.

It's a forum about basketball, it ain't that deep chief. If I wanted worldly advice and intellectual dialogue I certainly wouldn't be here, obviously.
Here's some advice little boy: "When you make a bet and lose, pay your debt"

Here's some advice little boy: "When you make a bet and lose, pay your debt"
Not sure that isn't a bit too complicated for him and he already said he really didn't want to increase his knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT