ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Sparty tonight

A lot of people at a young age in this state, which is before the brain develops, are IU fans. I was a Butler fan at a very early age. Prior to a teenager, I thought I wanted to go to Southern California for the cheerleaders I saw in a S.I. magazine. In early high school I may have had a lean to IU and actually took a class at an IU extension while in high school to prepare for college.

IU and Purdue were never intended to be competitive academically and that truth in many things exists today. The coursework for IU is generally more appealing for most females and the coursework at Purdue is more appealing for most males. None of this should suggest that those courses or going to IU are girly men. That may be a different discussion. Read on...

Many people through Osmosis without any background will opine that it is a social construct, but study on Scandinavian countries show it is not a social construct at all. That is another myth propagated. There were great efforts to provide an egalitarian opportunity between sexes (just using two XX & XY since we are talking science) and yet men and women when free to choose, do so differently.

Women tend to choose things that are "tied to people more" and men tend to choose "things" rather than people. If interested in more understanding, Jordan Peterson does a great job on Intersectionality in general and inside that, some video on studies of men/women in a lot of locations inside YouTube which has not been censored yet as far as I know. I know when discussing "women studies" he doesn't mention Thomas Sowell but agrees with his "Conflict of Vision" commonly held by those that align more in "unconstrained vision". It is well worth a person's time to differentiate indoctrination from education.

IU did a good thing last night to provide more cushion for Purdue. When it got close I was wanting some bad calls or the fans to start throwing things at the Rutger bench to show this game was as important as teh Purdue game. Whenever you happen to encounter something that IU does that is good, particularly for the good people... appreciation for that feat should be taken. Last night I was as crazy as a typical IU fan. This morning after some sleep I'm not so much a fan...
I’m 100% Purdue, what IU does really doesn’t bother me, I realize I’m in the minority, same with my beloved White Sox, what the Cubs do doesn’t bother me, I worry about my team and whatever benefits them, if it means IU winning games so be it. I will say this, Maryland and Mich State are two teams I can’t stand mainly because of their coaches, Woodson thus far doesn’t bother me.

I’m 100% Purdue, what IU does really doesn’t bother me, I realize I’m in the minority, same with my beloved White Sox, what the Cubs do doesn’t bother me, I worry about my team and whatever benefits them, if it means IU winning games so be it. I will say this, Maryland and Mich State are two teams I can’t stand mainly because of their coaches, Woodson thus far doesn’t bother me.
Woodson made an immediate improvement in stressing D last year as did Pikell before him. Maryland's general culture is different than the midwest and will provide some different looks through out the season in teh Big. Izzo being Izzo has turned off some, but it only took hold when he wasn't winning as much. Generally, I don't dislike coaches but Howards slap and Izzo's moaning got old quick.

Ha unfortunately this is not satire. This handle you are replying too is the screaming definition of an inferiority complex.
Wow! This response tells me all I need to know about you! unless you have somehow gotten TJ mixed up with the other IU poster that flits around here, you are pretty far from any sort of three digit IQ. Maybe you should go back and reread the sequence so you can get it right next time.

Reactions: tjreese
Wow! This response tells me all I need to know about you! unless you have somehow gotten TJ mixed up with the other IU poster that flits around here, you are pretty far from any sort of three digit IQ. Maybe you should go back and reread the sequence so you can get it right next time.
He’s poor IU trailer trash, so…

Knowing you are a Sox fan explains so much.

Your comments left an impression you knew very little of both. What you may not know was an IU fan NOT caring about academics and only sport accomplishments while bowing at the feet of popularity relative to fan bases. Another person that said he attended both, said he cared about both and so in the context of all that was the origination of both schools missions and how they were never intended to compete academically...which they don't. Purdue fans typically have a tie into the academics and school of Purdue. That is not shared to the same degree with IU fans and so yeah, there was some tie in, but since you said you had little to no time on this site...that could easily be missed.
You're speaking to an IU graduate...that sounds like a branding/success issue that you want to dive into a deeper root cause, when in reaity it's not the deep. People from the state of Indiana who do not have affiliation with either school tend to root for IU. Past success, and overall branding are apart of this. I could see future, younger, generations swaying towards Purdue fandom due to their success (if it continues). Your holier than tho' attitude won't be the answer. I mean absoulty zero disrespect in anything I have just said, but judging from your previous statements you automatically think I am an idiot who has been indoctrinated. IU offers one of the top medical and business schools in the nation. Maybe engineering isn't the only career path that many want to take in the state of Indiana.

You're speaking to an IU graduate...that sounds like a branding/success issue that you want to dive into a deeper root cause, when in reaity it's not the deep. People from the state of Indiana who do not have affiliation with either school tend to root for IU. Past success, and overall branding are apart of this. I could see future, younger, generations swaying towards Purdue fandom due to their success (if it continues). Your holier than tho' attitude won't be the answer. I mean absoulty zero disrespect in anything I have just said, but judging from your previous statements you automatically think I am an idiot who has been indoctrinated. IU offers one of the top medical and business schools in the nation. Maybe engineering isn't the only career path that many want to take in the state of Indiana.
Going to have a tough time lecturing somebody whose never left Tipton County.

As was previously said, the schools were meant to be complimentary. I guess you missed that one someplace since you admitted you stopped in. FWIW, as I also said... more common which lends to being average ( teh bell curve???) of a metric in consideration is not something I seek and therefore not amused by it, or seek it. Others may disagree and that is fine. I don't recall suggesting you were an idiot, but your first post indicated such, and then when you said you just stopped in...it reset your post in a light absent any relevant background and removed that thought. The mention you were aware of Jordan and absence of mention being familiar with Thomas Sowell was an improvement of your first post...which again was without a historical perspective I underestand.

I have no problem with those in the medical fields...they are brighter than most and in no way represent the population of IU due to such a small percentage, but yes...there are some very good people in the medical field. Having a daughter that graduated from Georgetown in the medical profession...I'm a little bit familiar with the good medical schools.

Did I answer your questions for better clarification?

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I wish I had a cool story of why I picked Purdue as my school of choice. My friend group in high school was all going to IU and I wanted to try something different. First time on campus was when I moved in….

I wish I had a cool story of why I picked Purdue as my school of choice. My friend group in high school was all going to IU and I wanted to try something different. First time on campus was when I moved in….
Mine starts back in the early 70s... My papaw was told to watch Indiana because they had a new young coach and that seemed really good. That coach of course was Bobby Knight. So my dad was raised on IU basketball, my siblings and I were born and raised into it. My kids have been born and raised into it. It's generational fandom.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I went to a small liberal arts college for a couple years to figure out what I liked. It turned out to be physics and mathematics. My mother was getting ill from cancer, so I wanted to be close to home, so Call Tech and MIT were out. I chose Purdue for their STEM orientation. Loved it!

Reactions: Erock_94
Mine starts back in the early 70s... My papaw was told to watch Indiana because they had a new young coach and that seemed really good. That coach of course was Bobby Knight. So my dad was raised on IU basketball, my siblings and I were born and raised into it. My kids have been born and raised into it. It's generational fandom.
My father was on the freshman basketball team at IU long before you were born. A personal friend was one of Knight's first recruits but had already committed to Middle Tennessee where he is in their Hall of Fame. Another friend deceased was on their football team

My girlfriend went to IU and her mom got her masters there. My oldest went to IU Wesleyan. I had a ton of fun visiting IU back in the day. I've got my civil engineering degree and two professional licenses as does my father. My girlfriends dad is a purdue grad. I don't hate IU never really have, the fans and the behavior not so much. Wish it would change honestly.

You tell him Davie
I live in Northwest Indiana, all of my Purdue friends/grads are Sox fans, the IU hoops/ND football fans are mostly Cubs fans, maybe that’s different in other places. ChoiceBeef is a good poster, if he wants to rip my choice of baseball teams and even posts I’m cool with it.

I live in Northwest Indiana, all of my Purdue friends/grads are Sox fans, the IU hoops/ND football fans are mostly Cubs fans, maybe that’s different in other places. ChoiceBeef is a good poster, if he wants to rip my choice of baseball teams and even posts I’m cool with it.
Most of the IU fans were Reds fans where I was growing up. It might have shifted since they haven’t done much since the Big Red Machine and the Nasty Boys. They like to join the bandwagon. We had the Cardinals and Reds on local radio. The Cubs and Braves were on cable. We’ll take Dylan Cease back.

Most of the IU fans were Reds fans where I was growing up. It might have shifted since they haven’t done much since the Big Red Machine and the Nasty Boys. They like to join the bandwagon. We had the Cardinals and Reds on local radio. The Cubs and Braves were on cable. We’ll take Dylan Cease back.
Cubs are definitely the preferred team at IU, at least when I attended, for the large majority of people stretching from Central Indiana up north the Region and Chicagoland. Was one of the few Reds fans and it hasn’t been fun in awhile, granted I’m much younger than the Nasty Boys.

Rooting for each sounds wrong but that’s what I’ll be doing. In my opinion a team with 5 loses still has a shot at tying for the league, 6 loses and cross them out. I doubt Purdue loses 5 games but it is possible, get Rutgers to 5 and Maryland to 6. I played IU for $50 on ML, it brings back $25, they’re minus 200, I think they win tonight.
I hope they play into 12 overtimes and are exhausted the rest of the month.

My grandfather graduated from Purdue in 1911, and his younger brother in Mechanics from Purdue IN 1912. Moved to Detroit to give that new fangled auto industry a try. WLaf was the family choice.
Summer nights with Harry and the Cardinals on KMOX. Makes you long for a cold Bud

I’m from Northwest Indiana, either Cubs or Sox here. Chances are if you’re Purdue you’re Sox as well.

I picked misery as my vocation in life (Cubs, Colts and Purdue). Granted I grew up in South Bend and was a ND fan since it was about a mile from my house.

Nothing better in life than going back home for the game in 2004. When Orton called the audible for the 90 yard touchdown…. was in the south end zone. Told the ND fan next to me that Orton just dialed up the final nail in Ty Winningham’s coffin.

Cubs are definitely the preferred team at IU, at least when I attended, for the large majority of people stretching from Central Indiana up north the Region and Chicagoland. Was one of the few Reds fans and it hasn’t been fun in awhile, granted I’m much younger than the Nasty Boys.
Don't post here again little boy until you develop some integrity and pay your bets.

ADVERTISEMENT