ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Sparty tonight

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Rooting for each sounds wrong but that’s what I’ll be doing. In my opinion a team with 5 loses still has a shot at tying for the league, 6 loses and cross them out. I doubt Purdue loses 5 games but it is possible, get Rutgers to 5 and Maryland to 6. I played IU for $50 on ML, it brings back $25, they’re minus 200, I think they win tonight.

Reactions: indyogb
If we don't win, I'm blaming you. Indiana has struggled with Rutgers more than they have Purdue and Michigan lately. Hopefully they man up and overcome the challenge finally. Freaking hate Rutgers.
If Mag is out, I don’t see how they can match up with TJD without getting into foul trouble. Assuming people hit shots and bring the intensity, should be a win for IU.

If Mag is out, I don’t see how they can match up with TJD without getting into foul trouble. Assuming people hit shots and bring the intensity, should be a win for IU.
Depends what IU team shows up. Even with him out, they'll double, slap, hack, slash, push etc and make the game as ugly as possible. Only way they know how to play.

Depends what IU team shows up. Even with him out, they'll double, slap, hack, slash, push etc and make the game as ugly as possible. Only way they know how to play.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Rutgers style. They remind me of Wisconsin under Bennett.

I know, Purdue was the most notoriously physical team in the Big Ten for years, but it seemed like those Wisconsin teams (and the current Rutgers teams) took that strategy and 'turned it up to 11'. I hope IU buries them (but mostly for selfish Big Ten title race reasons) - I think the only other time I can remember feeling that way was when IU was playing Notre Dame. :D

IU wins by 10 plus. Their big guards will have to rebound and shoot very well for this to be within 10. IMO

Reactions: purduedavie
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Rutgers style. They remind me of Wisconsin under Bennett.

I know, Purdue was the most notoriously physical team in the Big Ten for years, but it seemed like those Wisconsin teams (and the current Rutgers teams) took that strategy and 'turned it up to 11'. I hope IU buries them (but mostly for selfish Big Ten title race reasons) - I think the only other time I can remember feeling that way was when IU was playing Notre Dame. :D
Bennett had Wisconsin down to tournament favorite MSU at half only 2, 19-17 in the 2000 final four. MSU won 53-41. It helped MSU as despite scouting, Florida seemed to think coming off the Wisconsin game that MSU was a half court team ( they weren’t, they thrived on running). Florida pressed them and MSU ran them out of the gym in the final.

As I expected, we got our B1G regular season odds back up after the IU loss. -2500. Rutgers next at +3000, IU, Iowa, and IL +4500. They cut the bottom 4 teams off the board.

Im really surprised Indiana's is that high with their SOS remaining.
As I expected, we got our B1G regular season odds back up after the IU loss. -2500. Rutgers next at +3000, IU, Iowa, and IL +4500. They cut the bottom 4 teams off the board.

Im really surprised Indiana's is that high with their SOS remaining.
One factor is that the way my site does it, 1st place doesn't chop on a tie. It goes to the #1 seed in the BTT. Rutgers, IU, Iowa and Illinois can or do own the tiebreaker against Purdue. Other teams (MD, MSU) can't say that.

Bennett had Wisconsin down to tournament favorite MSU at half only 2, 19-17 in the 2000 final four. MSU won 53-41. It helped MSU as despite scouting, Florida seemed to think coming off the Wisconsin game that MSU was a half court team ( they weren’t, they thrived on running). Florida pressed them and MSU ran them out of the gym in the final.
And that is why my favorite teams are Purdue, and whoever plays wisc, rutgers, and Virginia

Reactions: pboiler18

And that is why my favorite teams are Purdue, and whoever plays wisc, rutgers, and Virginia

One factor is that the way my site does it, 1st place doesn't chop on a tie. It goes to the #1 seed in the BTT. Rutgers, IU, Iowa and Illinois can or do own the tiebreaker against Purdue. Other teams (MD, MSU) can't say that.
I'll just be happy if we go 4-4 over our last 8.

Rooting for each sounds wrong but that’s what I’ll be doing. In my opinion a team with 5 loses still has a shot at tying for the league, 6 loses and cross them out. I doubt Purdue loses 5 games but it is possible, get Rutgers to 5 and Maryland to 6. I played IU for $50 on ML, it brings back $25, they’re minus 200, I think they win tonight.
We need IU to pull this one off for us. It’s very possible we drop at least one more.

MSU sort of altered their makeup in the mid-late '90s to be more physical (maybe even because of the troubles those physical Purdue teams had given them). However, they had better athletes and were more adaptable and had more offensive punch, which was demonstrated by their greater success on a national scale.

I was disappointed TJD didn’t get his 2000 before half. Figured in the autograph session we would learn about when he started playing ball, his first pose and flex. Now we have to wait until second half and there won’t be quit as much time available

• Haha
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
call on Mulcahy was a joke
It got too close for awhile and was hopeful for a lot of bad calls, but IU has moved back out in front for a more comfortable margin. Just need to hold on for a few more minutes

Both teams will do that.
Up 9 with 9 to go need to close this out. Don’t want it close with pikell on the other bench. Need a solid 5 minutes for our brothers with a different mother from the 42 street in New York

Go to the toilet and gag yourself until it is only dry heaves…can shower later…confession tomorrow
Great call on the Galloway charge. A physics impossibility, but it is the right call tonight. Barlow using science in a liberal arts skool. Close it out IU damnit .

Galloway turning into league's flop king

gets away w a ton of grabbing on the perimeter too IMO
2:50 left and IU up only 3. C’mon man…Hold on. We’ve all been through a lot of pain and agony tonight don’t let our sacrifice go for nothing! Fans get active…you are needed! Start throwing things!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: indyogb
ADVERTISEMENT