ADVERTISEMENT

It's time - Who don't you want to meet in the elite-8

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
I'm not including who I think will also be #1 seeds .. so, Houston, Kansas, and Alabama are not listed.
Pick two you don't want to play in the elite 8. It will be a lot more fun if you disucss WHY!!!
UCLA
Texas
Xavier
Gonzaga
Tennessee
Virginia
Arizona
TCU
Arizona State
Iowa St
Kansas St

I say:
UCLA - Jaime Jaquez - 6' 7" guard leading player. Jaylen Clark - 6' 5" guard # 2 player #3 KenPom Def
ARIZONA - not playing great, but when I've seen them. They are GOOD!
#3 TENNESSEE - And it seems they are the most likely for us to face. They are damned strong!
Honestly, I should be more worried about the coach than the players. WHO can figure out how to stop Zachen?

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler Buck
TN- they scared me the most. They got a ~7 FT savvy Euro who might get edey in foul trouble and the best defense in country. Good coach.

Alabama too probably based on what I know about them, but haven’t watched live

Virginia - close to a carbon copy of us without the POY
Auburn - tall, athletic, matchup with Tenn on 2/4 will be interesting.
Tennessee - see Auburn
Xavier - might give us issues with a couple big men, good guards

I’m not concerned about any team in the country. Zach is a matchup nightmare for everyone. I’m not saying we dominate. I just think we have a team this year that can compete with the entire field.

Don't fear anyone, except the low scoring Boilers......The Boiler team that scores in the 60s.

Prefer the one that scores in the 80s. Cause they are are a decent defensive team and the 80s Boilers is usually are blowing people out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I only want to play a team that doesn't cause Purdue to commit more than 7 TOs. We will win all of those.

Arizona - Size to match Edey and very skilled offensively

Kansas St - Don't know a ton , but think they are a team full of 25 y/o COVID SR transfers

Dont want to play any mid-major that has dynamic guards, or any team that plays the gimmick "pack-Line" (foul all the time, dare Refs to blow whistle) defense.

TCU- can be VERY good and they have some big dudes (very physical)

Alabama- they’re a Little Rock, St. Peter’s style team on steroids

So bacially any teams who has scrappy upperclassmen guards who can create chaos for us offensively and get into transition.

I’d much rather play Kansas, Arizona, Gonzaga, etc.

Don't want to meet Baylor, they have 3 guards that can go one on one and hit the 3. And their big who was injured last year, is just readying to come back by tourney time. They are old and would be a handfull.

St Peters
Cincinnati
Arkansas Little Rock
North Texas

^^^This. I worry more about underestimating a team like one of these prior to the Elite 8. I think this team is stronger mentally than last year's team. But one bad game and it's over. And chances are that a majority of the teams on the OPs list will likely be gone by that point having been beat by a higher seed...

Reactions: BoilerDeac
I'm not including who I think will also be #1 seeds .. so, Houston, Kansas, and Alabama are not listed.
Pick two you don't want to play in the elite 8. It will be a lot more fun if you disucss WHY!!!
UCLA
Texas
Xavier
Gonzaga
Tennessee
Virginia
Arizona
TCU
Arizona State
Iowa St
Kansas St
The list is changing weekly. Think about it February 15.

Tennessee and Arizona only because it grows old beating their asses in both bball and football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT