ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official

We all kind of figured it was July of 17. As to who would be next I'm guessing the search committee will run their choices by the big donors who fund the majority of the facilities. I do hope we don't have a young guy because I've always supported Burke but no one should stay in that job longer than 10 or so years.

so when can the haze be fired and MB not be involved in the replacement decision? 2 more years of the haze right?

so when can the haze be fired and MB not be involved in the replacement decision? 2 more years of the haze right?
The Purdue model is to bring someone in early. Otherwise there is no need to announce this now and take 1.5 years to hire a replacement. I'm guessing the new person will be on board before any new hires in football.

I read the report as being they want (in typical Purdue fashion) a period of overlap where both MB and New Guy are in place. If New Guy is hired by Fall of 16, I could see Hazell getting the boot at season's end.

you're probably right heller. MB will stick around to oversee the projects currently going on (how's the golf course renovation doing?) the new guy will take over any people decisions

I read the report as being they want (in typical Purdue fashion) a period of overlap where both MB and New Guy are in place. If New Guy is hired by Fall of 16, I could see Hazell getting the boot at season's end.
That's great timing. That would free up Morgue to get to work stapling all those papers together in the AD office basement.

Stuck with a horrible football program for at least two more years. Is there any way Mitch and the BOT could "offer" him an early retirement package?
Disagree. I think this might even make it more likely DH is let go after this year and the new AD hires his replacement as his first priority while MB manages the rest of the department. This of course assumes there's a decent overlap between the two.

That's great timing. That would free up Morgue to get to work stapling all those papers together in the AD office basement.
63566588.jpg

Burke+short+sleeves+with+tie+good+look.jpeg

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT