ADVERTISEMENT

It was a good wedding on Saturday; congratulations to 1-0 Purdue, Week 1

Nov 8, 2001
Not the outcome I was expecting on Saturday.

Purdue fans doing The Wave, at end of first quarter.

Congratulations to Purdue.

Like 1971, Purdue beats Iowa.

The Hawkeyes faced two Purdue players that are clearly two of the conference's best.

Iowa needed separation at 17-14, but settled with 20-14, and Purdue made Iowa pay 24-20.

No 8-0 for OC Brian Ferentz. 7-1 will be as good as it gets.

Iowa blitz just enough in 2nd quarter. Iowa senior Barrington Wade, a seldom playing LB stepped up, but not enough. David Bell scored 3 TDs, including the final one with Wade not deep enough.

Iowa 0-1
Purdue 1-0

Hope Jeff Brohm and your ST coach are doing well, battling the virus.

peace

Thank you. Glad for the win. I too was at a wedding. So, looking at highlights and stats ...
Turnovers = even
Total yards = IA
More points = Purdue
Time of possession = even
Points in 2nd half = Purdue 10, IA 3 edge to Purdue

Good luck on the rest of your season.

Reactions: cidsports
Not the outcome I was expecting on Saturday.

Purdue fans doing The Wave, at end of first quarter.

Congratulations to Purdue.

Like 1971, Purdue beats Iowa.

The Hawkeyes faced two Purdue players that are clearly two of the conference's best.

Iowa needed separation at 17-14, but settled with 20-14, and Purdue made Iowa pay 24-20.

No 8-0 for OC Brian Ferentz. 7-1 will be as good as it gets.

Iowa blitz just enough in 2nd quarter. Iowa senior Barrington Wade, a seldom playing LB stepped up, but not enough. David Bell scored 3 TDs, including the final one with Wade not deep enough.

Iowa 0-1
Purdue 1-0

Hope Jeff Brohm and your ST coach are doing well, battling the virus.

peace

To me it looked like both teams are okay (id call us okay when rondale comes back) but you guys just played worse.

For us, O’Connell really struggles when opposing teams bring the heat and Thienemann is easy to pass around in the secondary. Additionally Jalen graham doesn’t look much better in the front seven than he did at S. Lorenzo Neal looked bad early on but appeared to play himself closer to Lorenzo Neal by games end. I also thought that without Moore we don’t really threaten anything in the slot. I thought maybe coaches could get Sheffield or M. Moore ready to do that.. but we ended up with an outside guy who couldn’t threaten much with his speed.

For you guys I thought the negative nancies on your board were correct about petras... he missed several throws by a lot and didn’t appear to make decisions and process quickly. He may get it together but he didn’t look very good.

Losing epenesa also hurt. Seemed like you guys had to use a lot of energy generating a pass rush and then your front four did get tired late. Missing that linebacker was big for you too. Not sure horvath breaks 100 if he plays. And then you just played sloppy like some of our teams from the time of tillers secret fishing retirement until the arrival of Brohm.

Two teams that can get a lot better but shouldn’t be expecting to have a chance to beat Wisconsin If they played next week...

Reactions: ChefPoyardee
Both teams were missing players, including starters, so when those players are back, it will be interesting.

Of course in 2020, it may not be a year for much consistency at all.

Heck, Wisconsin had a great win, only to find out their QB may miss next 2-3 games?

That's 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT