ADVERTISEMENT

It is CHRISTMAS season and college football bowl game time

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
So many fond memories watching the different CHRISTMAS shows growing up with my brothers. Then, we'd turn around and watch some football bowl games. Back then, it was rare that Purdue would be playing post-season but they had their fair share of games. Now that I have a family of my own, I get to relive many of those same CHRISTMAS movies with my boys. And, since they are all Purdue fans, we get to watch Purdue football games together as well.

Two questions:
1. Your favorite bowl game? (I only considered bowl that I was around for and saw but pick anyone you like--Purdue Bowl History?
2. Your favorite animated CHRISTMAS show (I won't limit it to claymation but those are shows I'm thinking of--Christmas Claymation Shows?

Here are mine...
1. 1998 Alamo (Purdue 37 vs Kansas State 34)
2. The Year Without a Santa Clause

1. 1998 Alamo Bowl (Brees' game-winner came right toward us, and Alamo Dome was rocking all night - crazy back-and-forth momentum game)

2. Rudolph (favorite character from that show - Yukon Cornelius)

yukon-cornelius-gif-2.gif

1. I attended the 1967 Purdue/USC Rose Bowl a year after I graduated. The 2 point conversion save was played right in front of me!

Living overseas for 23 years I missed a lot of Purdue football, but the Music City Bowl win over Tennessee was enjoyable and exciting to watch on TV. Nothing like 250 yards or so of receptions on two broken legs!!!

The Rose Bowl. I would watch the parade and then the game. I rooted for whoever was from the Big 10.

As for Christmas movies: miracle on 34th street! The original! I believe. It’s stupid, but I believe! It’s a wonderful life is a close second. Every time a bell rings! Scrooge is third. Peanuts is forth. All the rest or tied for 5th. And yes I still enjoy Rudolph as much today as I did the first time I saw him.

The Rose Bowl. I would watch the parade and then the game. I rooted for whoever was from the Big 10.

As for Christmas movies: miracle on 34th street! The original! I believe. It’s stupid, but I believe! It’s a wonderful life is a close second. Every time a bell rings! Scrooge is third. Peanuts is forth. All the rest or tied for 5th. And yes I still enjoy Rudolph as much today as I did the first time I saw him.
I am a Believer too!!

A big fan of the original B/W movies like Miracle on 34th Street and Its a Wonderful Life. Funny how those old movies still have a great message today.

ADVERTISEMENT