ADVERTISEMENT

It’s hard to give a player like Plummer the things that O’Connell has

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
You see it time and again..

one guy wasn’t recruited because he is missing some major physical tool, but he’s smooth and has good fundamentals. He’s ready to play.

the other player is 6’5” and fast but he looks stiff and deliberate and like the game goes to fast for him. And i think it’s a subconscious assumption sometimes “oh high level recruit, he can stand back there and operate .. smooth deal, right?”

and it isn’t right. You end up with far more petras and hance types than you think.

that said, Plummer looks pretty smooth right now. And that’s a major victory. Looks like a bigger David blough

You see it time and again..

one guy wasn’t recruited because he is missing some major physical tool, but he’s smooth and has good fundamentals. He’s ready to play.

the other player is 6’5” and fast but he looks stiff and deliberate and like the game goes to fast for him. And i think it’s a subconscious assumption sometimes “oh high level recruit, he can stand back there and operate .. smooth deal, right?”

and it isn’t right. You end up with far more petras and hance types than you think.

that said, Plummer looks pretty smooth right now. And that’s a major victory. Looks like a bigger David blough
Biggest fault...what hurt him more than anything a year ago, and, is hurting him more than anything to date thus far this year...decision-making is very poor. Horrible interception last week at the worst time possible...another today...and, almost another on just a horrible decision that he was fortunate it was not.

He makes some plays at times, but, he also misses a handful at critical times as well.

It is just a shame that Purdue does not have anyone above average at the position with the WR core that it has...it should be a dream for somebody to stand back in the pocket and spread the ball around to the wealth of receivers that Purdue has, but, it just does not happen unfortunately.

I don't understand the play calls at times either...so many times that they throw underneath, or along the line of scrimmage, and WAY too many times that they throw short of the sticks, especially on 3rd down...it is puzzling to the point that it has now become concerning.

Biggest fault...what hurt him more than anything a year ago, and, is hurting him more than anything to date thus far this year...decision-making is very poor. Horrible interception last week at the worst time possible...another today...and, almost another on just a horrible decision that he was fortunate it was not.

He makes some plays at times, but, he also misses a handful at critical times as well.

It is just a shame that Purdue does not have anyone above average at the position with the WR core that it has...it should be a dream for somebody to stand back in the pocket and spread the ball around to the wealth of receivers that Purdue has, but, it just does not happen unfortunately.

I don't understand the play calls at times either...so many times that they throw underneath, or along the line of scrimmage, and WAY too many times that they throw short of the sticks, especially on 3rd down...it is puzzling to the point that it has now become concerning.

he’s way down the listen of blame in this game

he’s way down the listen of blame in this game
I don't disagree, but, he has not helped matters at all either...on the heels of the horrible targeting call that led to a TD that otherwise would not have been, Purdue had a nice return by Sheffield to get the ball to near mid-field, where Plummer threw a pass for a loss that was almost picked off, then missed badly on 3rd down (on a horrible play call as well).

I don't disagree, but, he has not helped matters at all either...on the heels of the horrible targeting call that led to a TD that otherwise would not have been, Purdue had a nice return by Sheffield to get the ball to near mid-field, where Plummer threw a pass for a loss that was almost picked off, then missed badly on 3rd down (on a horrible play call as well).

he’s played well..

The defense
The defense
The defense
The defense
Diaco snd his defense
The special teams

then start blaming offensive players

Reactions: DAG10
he’s played well..

The defense
The defense
The defense
The defense
Diaco snd his defense
The special teams

then start blaming offensive players
I don't feel like he has played well...he is down the list as far as to be blamed, I don't disagree on that...and, the defensive ineptitude, both from a scheme and a performance standpoint, is beyond disappointing and frustrating...it is ridiculous how bad Purdue is on that side of the ball.

I don't feel like he has played well...he is down the list as far as to be blamed, I don't disagree on that...and, the defensive ineptitude, both from a scheme and a performance standpoint, is beyond disappointing and frustrating...it is ridiculous how bad Purdue is on that side of the ball.

he had a bad pick.. other than that he’s played well

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT