ADVERTISEMENT

Is this Trump Speaking?

I missed in the video where he called for building a wall? Both sides of the aisle are good with increased enforcement, more border security people, more technology deployed at the border. Nowhere there does he call for building a wasteful wall. Nowhere there does he equate illegal immigrants with murderers and rapists. You can have a discussion on the topic without dragging down the conversation into the mud, something Trump is completely incapable of doing. There's really no similarity from that video to what Trump's been doing.

Last edited:
I missed in the video where he called for building a wall? Both sides of the aisle are good with increased enforcement, more border security people, more technology deployed at the border. Nowhere there does he call for building a wasteful wall. Nowhere there does he equate illegal immigrants with murderers and rapists. You can have a discussion on the topic without dragging down the conversation into the mud, something Trump is completely incapable of doing. There's really no similarity from that video to what Trump's been doing.

It doesn’t take much to find it.
https://www.inquisitr.com/3926780/b...a-and-hillary-predate-trumps-wall-by-decades/

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Again, not comparable to what Trump's been doing and what he's called for. How is that so difficult to understand?
my topic was the context of border security and the need for walls, fence, etc. you had no defense so you tried to change the dialogue to Trump's hateful comments. You can start another post about his hateful comments if you want but the obvious point I was making was that virtually everyone in Gov knows that walls work and the only reason for objections now is to play politics. Again, NEITHER party works for us. The latest example from the Republicans is being against campaign finance reform in HR1 calling it a free speech issue. Of course the Dems don't want to get rid of Corp money either, they just put it in because they know the Reps will vote against it That is BS just like the Dems against the wall is BS.

Again, not comparable to what Trump's been doing and what he's called for. How is that so difficult to understand?
my topic was the context of border security and the need for walls, fence, etc. you had no defense so you tried to change the dialogue to Trump's hateful comments. You can start another post about his hateful comments if you want but the obvious point I was making was that virtually everyone in Gov knows that walls work and the only reason for objections now is to play politics. Again, NEITHER party works for us. The latest example from the Republicans is being against campaign finance reform in HR1 calling it a free speech issue. Of course the Dems don't want to get rid of Corp money either, they just put it in because they know the Reps will vote against it That is BS just like the Dems against the wall is BS.
All you did is say " is this Trump speaking" and link a video. No context on the point you were trying to make. With no context provided from your video, bringing up the entirety of the wall discussion would seem to be fair game. You've been watching too much Fox News if you really believe that the Democratic party is for open borders with no structures and no security. Have structures in certain areas sure, but there aren't any serious people that believe a structure running the entire border is a legitimate solution.

Reactions: Bill4411

While the article itself isn't great, it does point to good resources for people to actually understand the history of the conversation around border security for the last couple of decades. Most politicians have been for some variation of security, with both R's and D's wanting fencing to be expanded. The difference this time around is going from extended fencing around ports of entry, to a solid wall along the entire border.

I think most people would be well served to read the article and specific of the fencing acts before they have an opinion. Politicians lie and flip flop when it suits their needs, but I wish more people could actually have an honest conversation around the merits of the policy, not the politicians. Not all walls are created equal, not all proposals are created equal, and what Bush and Clinton proposed is not the same as what Trump wants to do.

I agree with every sentiment here except for the claim that everyone in government knows that walls work. I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. The article you linked even links out to research that shows that even the extended fencing had no measurable impact on stopping or slowing the flow of illegal people, guns, drugs, etc. I believe that all government agrees that a wall is a great policy to fight about, but not a great solution to the problem.

All you did is say " is this Trump speaking" and link a video. No context on the point you were trying to make. With no context provided from your video, bringing up the entirety of the wall discussion would seem to be fair game. You've been watching too much Fox News if you really believe that the Democratic party is for open borders with no structures and no security. Have structures in certain areas sure, but there aren't any serious people that believe a structure running the entire border is a legitimate solution.

all you had to do to see my point was to watch the vid. There hasn't been any talk about a sea to sea wall for a long time.

Libs want more voters because most young people are liberal until they get experience in the real world. That is why liberal states like Ca are allowing illegals to vote and liberal congressman want to lower the voting age to 16. It doesn't take a phd to figure out the motives.

all you had to do to see my point was to watch the vid. There hasn't been any talk about a sea to sea wall for a long time.

Libs want more voters because most young people are liberal until they get experience in the real world. That is why liberal states like Ca are allowing illegals to vote and liberal congressman want to lower the voting age to 16. It doesn't take a phd to figure out the motives.
Why don't you post a link where Trump explains where "the wall" is supposed to be built?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT