ADVERTISEMENT

Is this real news?

Cable news stations have evolved into nothing more than reporting what the other cable news stations are saying.
I'd say having hosts at a "news" channel campaigning for one party would call into question the legitimacy of the news channel. But, we're in a Trump world right now and the right has given up any pretense of ethics.

I can't recall a former President bashing the sitting POTUS like Obama has been doing. Wasn't it Obama that said the results of elections have consequences.
I don't recall a former president telling lies and blatant mistruths to the tune of 8 a day........much, much more the last two weeks.
Liars have to be called out. Trump is a serial liar. We live in strange times. Lies have consequences. Just because Trump won doesn't mean anybody has to accept the POTUS lying.......except of course his supporters......who really don't care.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bdf78dde4b04367a87dacf5/amp?__twitter_i

"I don’t care if he sprouts a third dick up there,” she said.

Reactions: TheCainer
I don't recall a former president telling lies and blatant mistruths to the tune of 8 a day........much, much more the last two weeks.
Liars have to be called out. Trump is a serial liar. We live in strange times. Lies have consequences. Just because Trump won doesn't mean anybody has to accept the POTUS lying.......except of course his supporters......who really don't care.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bdf78dde4b04367a87dacf5/amp?__twitter_i

"I don’t care if he sprouts a third dick up there,” she said.

I don't recall a former president telling lies and blatant mistruths to the tune of 8 a day...

That is largely due to selective memory and Obama had others do his dirty work for him while he presented himself as one who wanted to unite.

When presented with those choices, I take the person that does their own lying, own misdeeds, and most of their own dirty work every time. At least one knows what the deal is at that point.

I agree liars should be called out. Trump has been called out plenty. Why the double standard and hypocrisy on this issue?

I'd say having hosts at a "news" channel campaigning for one party would call into question the legitimacy of the news channel. But, we're in a Trump world right now and the right has given up any pretense of ethics.

Newsflash for you-Hannity has an opinion show. He is the host of it. He is not a news anchor. Do not like him, do not watch or listen to him. I do not.

And he unlike others on other stations does not try to hide his views or who he supports. You know like other stations that give the candidate they want to win debate questions in advance but claim impartiality.(Among other transgressions).

Reactions: ecouch and SKYDOG
Are you really that stupid? Everything else on TV is non stop campaign for dems from SNL on down . Seriously are you that stupid?

Newsflash for you-Hannity has an opinion show. He is the host of it. He is not a news anchor. Do not like him, do not watch or listen to him. I do not.

And he unlike others on other stations does not try to hide his views or who he supports. You know like other stations that give the candidate they want to win debate questions in advance but claim impartiality.(Among other transgressions).

He works on a news channel and pretends to be a journalist. I know he keeps the "I'm an entertainer not a journalist" line in his back pocket whenever he needs to excuse his unethical behavior and give people like you something to rationalize his words and actions.

I don't recall a former president telling lies and blatant mistruths to the tune of 8 a day...

That is largely due to selective memory and Obama had others do his dirty work for him while he presented himself as one who wanted to unite.

When presented with those choices, I take the person that does their own lying, own misdeeds, and most of their own dirty work every time. At least one knows what the deal is at that point.

I agree liars should be called out. Trump has been called out plenty. Why the double standard and hypocrisy on this issue?
So it was coordinated between Obama and his "others" than they would lie and he would take the high ground? So he didn't lie like Trump? Everybody knows that, just trying to clarify if a Trump supporter is actually saying that.

Listening to Trumpers try and equate the integrity of Trump with Obama is truly mind blowing.

Personally, I'd prefer to have a president who didn't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining. You just rationalized lying......as long as its coming directly from the president. Lol. You want to give Trump credit for being an upfront liar but TOTALLY dismiss the act itself. I don't know how you haven't pulled a muscle with all the contortions you're doing to normalize his behavior.

There's no double standard or hypocrisy. To be the case, both sides have to be doing similar things. Its not close and you know it. Just using number games alone, Trump started with crowd sizes and is now at Saudi military deals and phantom steel mills......and that's peanuts in importance to the dangerous lies he tells.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd prefer to have a president who didn't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess you would rather a POTUS declare peace and nuclear stability while giving the leading Sponsor of Terror in the World Billions to continue their fight and build WWDs.
I think you have your priorities screwed up.

Personally, I'd prefer to have a president who didn't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess you would rather a POTUS declare peace and nuclear stability while giving the leading Sponsor of Terror in the World Billions to continue their fight and build WWDs.
I think you have your priorities screwed up.
AGAIN with you, not the point.

But I don't agree with your premise. I assume Trump is hoping for regime change, that's been tried many times before. All he's doing is hurting the Iranian people.

Last edited:
Reactions: indy35
I can't recall a former President bashing the sitting POTUS like Obama has been doing. Wasn't it Obama that said the results of elections have consequences.
Why wouldn’t he be bashing Trump? The current president is an international embarrassment that is humiliating the population of this country daily

So it was coordinated between Obama and his "others" than they would lie and he would take the high ground? So he didn't lie like Trump? Everybody knows that, just trying to clarify if a Trump supporter is actually saying that.

Listening to Trumpers try and equate the integrity of Trump with Obama is truly mind blowing.

Personally, I'd prefer to have a president who didn't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining. You just rationalized lying......as long as its coming directly from the president. Lol. You want to give Trump credit for being an upfront liar but TOTALLY dismiss the act itself. I don't know how you haven't pulled a muscle with all the contortions you're doing to normalize his behavior.

There's no double standard or hypocrisy. To be the case, both sides have to be doing similar things. Its not close and you know it. Just using number games alone, Trump started with crowd sizes and is now at Saudi military deals and phantom steel mills......and that's peanuts in importance to the dangerous lies he tells.

Like I said, you have selective memory. From reading your response you have selective comprehension and recall as well. Also, learn what rationalization is.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecouch
Someone's triggered and seems to have trouble differentiating between news and comedians on SNL.

Maybe but doubtful. I am more of a believer that most shows one would call ‘news’ are on par with SNL. Really just op-eds that campaign for Dems. Some attempt humor, others do not.

There are very few shows, and even fewer stations, that carry or are a program one could call news.

Brett Baer, maybe some of Britt Hume and Dana Perino, then the business channels. The rest are pure extensions of a political party.

Reactions: herrli
He works on a news channel and pretends to be a journalist. I know he keeps the "I'm an entertainer not a journalist" line in his back pocket whenever he needs to excuse his unethical behavior and give people like you something to rationalize his words and actions.

-One thing I would mention to you is try to get news from either an unbiased source or a place that labels actual source. realclearpolitics.com is a good place to start

- Hannity can do whatever he wants. I do not care. I do not pay attention to him. I did not even know he campaigned with Trump til I read it here.

So how is campaigning with the President unethical? Because you think Trump is unethical so he would be guilty by that association?

I have a hard time seeing how one that beats the drum in accordance to Trump’s footprint almost 100% of the time, almost always against dems, then helps him campaign, is unethical. Agree or disagree with him, he is not hiding anything or mistepresenting himself.

Very similar to msnbc. They are far left, they promote progressive and liberal issues. Anti Republican/Conservative. They do not hide it. Hardly unethical.

Calling them(msnbc and Hannity) news outlets is just not correct. They might teport news for first two sentences of a show before they start their agenda filled with propaganda.

Reactions: herrli
hannity in 2016:
"I'm not a journalist jackass. I'm a talk host"

hannity in 2017:
“I'm a journalist. “But I'm an advocacy journalist or an opinion journalist.”

Reactions: BuilderBob6
We have a completely Infowars style administration. Facts don't matter, logic doesn't matter, morals don't matter.

What we have is a media infowars. Perfect example is Trumps presser yesterday. He started the presser very congenial wanting to work with Dems on getting stuff done.
That is not shown on CNN. All they show is Trump exploding at their reporter for not following protocol and asking ridiculous questions and making ridiculous accusations.
To his detriment Trump is a fighter. He is not backing down from the media war he did not start.

What we have is a media infowars. Perfect example is Trumps presser yesterday. He started the presser very congenial wanting to work with Dems on getting stuff done.
That is not shown on CNN. All they show is Trump exploding at their reporter for not following protocol and asking ridiculous questions and making ridiculous accusations.
To his detriment Trump is a fighter. He is not backing down from the media war he did not start.
He was looking for a fight. When has he EVER wanted to work with anybody that disagrees with him? That's all lip service, has been since he took office.

The media doesn't kiss his ass like he wants, that's the problem.

Yep, it's ridiculous to ask this president about questionable policies that smack of racism. It's a tough job. If he can't handle tough questions he should find another line of work.

ADVERTISEMENT