ADVERTISEMENT

is there any circumstance that would for Daniels or Burke?

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Other than a legal or moral issue, is there any circumstance that would force Burke or Daniels to make a coaching change mid-year?
My guess is that if Burke goes to Daniels, MD is going to say "Hey, you hired the guy, maybe you need to take responsibility", in which case Burke is fired as well.
Maybe Burke and Hazell are in this together as a package deal. If MD or the board or whoever has the authority to make the decision let go of Burke, Hazell goes with him.

Is simply just losing, not being competitive and having 15,000 people in the seats enough to force their hand?

Other than a legal or moral issue, is there any circumstance that would force Burke or Daniels to make a coaching change mid-year?
My guess is that if Burke goes to Daniels, MD is going to say "Hey, you hired the guy, maybe you need to take responsibility", in which case Burke is fired as well.
Maybe Burke and Hazell are in this together as a package deal. If MD or the board or whoever has the authority to make the decision let go of Burke, Hazell goes with him.

Is simply just losing, not being competitive and having 15,000 people in the seats enough to force their hand?

You can't make a FULL change mid year. The only guy who you could bring in legitimately would be a guy like Butch Davis who isn't doing anything other than commentating right now. That said, he would have to work with the assistants that were left over....which could be a big problem anyhow. Logistically...it ain't happenin.

Or were you saying to fire Shoop and Haze and then promote some assistants to other jobs? I think that would be VERY easy to do and the team wouldn't miss much for them doing that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT