ADVERTISEMENT

Is CMP the GOAT......

Bleedinggoldandblack

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
The Watchtower
Three NCAA disasters on National TV platform ,capped off by a 1 seed to 16 seed loss.

Outcome :
1. Destroyed recruiting for at least 5-10 years.
2. Given Purdue a Loser ID despite other successes.
3. Media Platform and focus for other teams to rise up and knock down Goliath for years to come.

I think CMP is a good guy , but his BRAND MARKETING has been hit by a torpedo and sunk his battleship. Coach's reflect a BRAND .....I don't know how he can climb out of this sunken ship and start new, I guess if he takes next group to FF , he might move everyone on in MEDIA somewhere else, but right now it's rough for him and the team.

Three NCAA disasters on National TV platform ,capped off by a 1 seed to 16 seed loss.

Outcome :
3. Media Platform and focus for other teams to rise up and knock down Goliath for years to come.

I think CMP is a good guy , but his BRAND MARKETING has been hit by a torpedo and sunk his battleship. Coach's reflect a BRAND .....I don't know how he can climb out of this sunken ship and start new, I guess if he takes next group to FF , he might move everyone on in MEDIA somewhere else, but right now it's rough for him and the team.
I believe our recruiting is looking pretty good. U listen too much to talking heads.

I believe our recruiting is looking pretty good. U listen too much to talking heads.

Outcome :

Although we do attract the right kids, we aren't really a magnet for Mcdonald's AAs. Until something changes at Purdue, we aren't going to attract many recruits that are looking for a 'coolness' factor.

Outcome :
Better let the 23 & 24 class, (including one likely McD AA) that is looking outstanding know. LOL

We do have some 23-24 guys coming , prior to the titanic hitting the iceberg, hopefully no decommits , but those athlete's looking at schools to market "their brand " by identifying with a top brand school (academics and sports , more so the latter) I feel won't see Purdue as their path to the future, is my point. Given the Media attention in addition to , it will not be a consideration to come here. 🙄 Purdue great education, a chance to play RUGBY BB , get married and have a good job when you get out, for the kids looking for that , I'm sure CMP can sign them up , maybe there's a Rick Mount in the group.

Reactions: clankhan
Although we do attract the right kids, we aren't really a magnet for Mcdonald's AAs. Until something changes at Purdue, we aren't going to attract many recruits that are looking for a 'coolness' factor.
They’re not looking for “coolness”… have you been under a rock for the last couple years?

• Haha
Reactions: clankhan

Outcome :

You needed to start a new thread with this? Hope it was good therapy for you.

Reactions: pboiler18
When the cry baby bitch boys lose the attention of the masses, they just move on to a new thread to repeat the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT