ADVERTISEMENT

Is "Big Man U", "feed the post, inside-out".....

Nov 30, 2003
Is "Big Man U", "feed the post, inside-out" the biggest reason that CMP struggles to consistently recruit long, athletic guards? All the other "qualifiers" are there; Power-5 Conf. Basketball state. History/tradition. No journeyman/revolving door Coaching situation. On television a lot (BIG Network).

Is "Big Man U", "feed the post, inside-out" the biggest reason that CMP struggles to consistently recruit long, athletic guards? All the other "qualifiers" are there; Power-5 Conf. Basketball state. History/tradition. No journeyman/revolving door Coaching situation. On television a lot (BIG Network).
Also the reason why we can't land a more athletic (modern) center who can shoot from out on the floor. Who the heck wants to endure the beating under the basket that Edey and those before him have taken all in the name of "old-school" basketball? And before anyone mentions Berg, note that in all the practice clips I've seen he's routinely practicing back-to-the-basket moves.

Reactions: typeviic
Also the reason why we can't land a more athletic (modern) center who can shoot from out on the floor. Who the heck wants to endure the beating under the basket that Edey and those before him have taken all in the name of "old-school" basketball? And before anyone mentions Berg, note that in all the practice clips I've seen he's routinely practicing back-to-the-basket moves.
All of his interviews he says he lacks experience at back to basket moves says it something he needed to work on, he seems to have been more of a pick and pop shooter overseas when playing.

I believe that Berg wanted to come to Purdue to learn how to play down low. It sounded as though he thought it made him more rounded since he has always played out.

ADVERTISEMENT