ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Basketball Message Boards (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Did you ever have one of those cars that you'd press the gas petal to the floor and the car would take off roaring and then suddenly cough and sputter as you lost most of your momentum? Well, that was Purdue tonight on the floor. We'd almost have Iowa put away and then we'd cough and sputter and let them back into the game. It seemed that when we were up 19 at the 9:00 minute mark, Iowa was ready to roll over and give up, but we sputtered again and back they came. Kudos to the whole team for having the guts to grind out a win. And on a night when The Big Zamboni was having an off night, a special acknowledgment to Trevion (The Big Cougar) who was a beast on the boards and Ivey (The Cheetah), his dynamic running mate. Together they provided the one-two punch needed to put Iowa away. We should be #1 next week, and I really don't see anything on the schedule that will keep us from maintaining that ranking into next year.

No prediction, but keeping expectations reasonable at least until the last 5 min. of regulation. Play hard as usual, defend, and do a good job limiting turnovers as we have done. Playing the number 2 ranked team at their place is daunting for sure, but if we remain fundamentally sound, it could be interesting.

Keegan out?! Oh shit there goes this game.

No Keegan! Keep it close if we can.

Don’t expect Iowa to break 50 pts and expect Purdue score 100+.

Pretty sure the McCaffery boys will save the day. Stay tuned....

I'll call it an accomplishment if Iowa isn't playing the bottom of the bench with 12 minutes left in the game.

Look at these Purdoofuses!

Jesus, that dude is a giant!

Their student section is almost as impressive as ours.

All the engineers in the building and they can’t get a working horn!

Hawks playing solid team D. Pesky Lads!

Hawks playing the wasp defense.

We are tied with the #2 team in the country! Yes!

These refs are a special sort of awful.

These MFing zebras are royally f*cking the Hawks!

Purdon't getting bailed out w/ fouls.

Auto fouls on the Hawks, no calls on Purdue.

I LOVE the way this team is playing defense! Super impressive.

Smash that MF to the floor Ogy! Since they are calling touch fouls, splatter the punks to the floor.

Good. Take his head off with a real foul and send a message. If we are going to get called anyway, we need to make it hurt.

It is early, but Iowa is showing heart…that being said I am still waiting for the 20-5 Purdue run.

Mackey is ALWAYS a "house of whores" - the refs suck hard there.

Edey, Lurch looking MF!

Is Rick Mount scheduled to speak at halftime? If so, we’ve got a shot…

When all you have on offense is CMac launching threes, you're in trouble.

Just think if we had Keegan!

Refs have been bought and paid for by Purdue.

2 players fighting for the ball. Iowa called for the foul. Rinse. Repeat.

Little home cookin? 8 fouls to 1. Lmao

Looking for a reason to tap out and go to bed, but I can’t. They are doing enough to keep me interested.

Poison Ivy - Irritating little bastard!

Hawks have to keep it under 10 by the half. MiniVictory if they do.

It could be Iowa #2 and Purdue an also-ran and it would still be a struggle at Mackey. Just how bad. Purdue, Indiana is such a cluster of inbred screw jobs.

JBo will have his usual garbage stat line against good teams.

Furst has gotten away with 3 obvious fouls.

Iowa just won't be able to score consistently enough to keep this close. It appears to be getting-out-of-hand time.

When your 7’4 and they don’t call 3 seconds anymore that’s a big advantage!

Wait a F*cking minute! Is that Bo Borosky on the floor? That bastard hates the Fran and the Hawks. He has royally f*cked us for years! That Snake!

A foul on Purdue?? What???

Thanks for reminding me of my Purdue football trauma BTN!

Have they missed a free throw?

WTF!!?? Did they just say 7'4??!! I mean, c'mon!! What is this place? Some f-ing pre-flood haven for the Nephilim??

You know, people do have some weird theories about pre-history North America.

This is without a doubt the worst officiating I have seen since the 2006 Outback Bowl.

Eat Shit, Bardo! Gonna really put these bastards on the floor. We never were going to win this game. Might as well starts slamming them!

I’m going to elbow you in the chin and you're going to get called for a foul.

I missed the call against JBo, did his chin foul His elbow?

Pretty much.

The refs came to play too.

#11 just got a hawk sandwich!

Beautiful Foul on that punk. Yeah, Bardo, your tough punk hit the floor like a rag doll.

So why don't they call 3 seconds any more? Edey camps out there all day. Garza did it alot last year, too.

I HATE Purdue. I mean - u can't even find that trailer park on the map. Even with all the freakishly large people who run around there.

Need to figure it out on offense, but I’m proud of this defensive effort. Every single guy busting their ass on that side of the floor. Maintain the intensity and the shots will start falling. Don’t let Purdue get comfortable.

#50 You are a Douchbag.

Doesn’t Williams have a Burger King to rob?

Josh put him on his ass!

Even with the McCaffery’s playing hero ball, Iowa played well all things considered. I like this teams fight.

We need to turn into Bill Lambier and hurt some of them if the refs are going to do this shit!

Connor wants to test that big Goon. Ulis and Perkins will put quite a few punks on the floor writhing in pain in their Hawkeye careers.

If I'm guarding C Mac I would be so far off him just begging him to shoot it. Most teams realize his shooting struggles and that explains why he has so many wide open looks.

Whenever people think about dishonest officiating, think tonight. Purdue is mugging on defense, like they've been doing for since Gene Keady arrived. There have been multiple obvious fouls not called. On the other hand Iowa is called for touch fouls.

Where does Purdue get this hideously ugly big men, every year. These Purdue big men, like Eiddy (sp?). Horror movie characters. They're ****ing grotesque.

There ya go! JBo double teamed leaving C Mac wide open. Played perfectly by Purdue. Brick!

We are playing well despite the MFing zebras. Purdue expected to stomp us and they are in a battle. This is a Tough Hawkeye Team.

Oh please Flopavic, get your b***h ass off the floor!

55 for Purdue is such a punk!

I don’t understand Pat and Conners form when they have two coaches for parents. It’s like their mom taught them a set shot.

Connor couldn't hit a barn if it collapsed on him....

Damn, have I mentioned how much I love these zebras?

Looked like Purdue was over the back how is that on the Iowa player?

Foul for being in the general vicinity of a rebounding Boilerquaker!

Just when hawks can get some scores...they drain a 3. Damn!

That 3 from Ivey will be a net positive for us, he'll jack 4 bad ones now.

I’m loving the no quit from this team. Best game of the season so far.

Purdue is definitely NOT the #1 team. They default into the title for a couple weeks only due to lazy analysis but there is NO way they are going to win it all.

We are beating this team in Carver.

Ivey is a rocket ship out there.

Can he go pro mid-season? Please!

I am sick of Ivey already.

Can’t wait to see Ivy taking to the hole against Illinois or Whiskey, they are gonna put him down hard.

Ivey is the Bitch! This cat is the Goods! Fun to watch when they are not playing the Hawks.

Well, I thought Iowa would lose by 30+ tonight. Exceeding expectations. Sure would be nice to see Purdue go ice cold for the last 7:30 of this game and it make real interesting.

This is the press I envisioned this year.

10 pt game, who knows guys?

Bardo really doesn't like Iowa does he?

Yes, Iowa should be ranked win or lose....down your best player and a 5 point game in crunch time. For sure.

This is a win already for Iowa we got 20+ points sitting on the bench.

SECOND 10 Second violation!

Purdue can't handle a press! LOL

Shut those cousin ****ers from Indiana up boys!

Refs Making sure Purdue stays #1!

Don't touch the 7'4 goon....it's a foul.

Pressure is on this sign of the cross, Bitch!

Iowa cuts it to 10 on a nice three by Toussaint. Ticky tack foul going the other way. How many points can we get Ivey?

Iowa down 9 with 4:11 to go ... on the road ... vs #2 team ... and IA without their best player.

Loving the effort. This team is tough!

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

We coming back!

Purdue's sphincter is shrinking!

A 5 point game. go Hawks!

Thinking of what could have been last year if we would have played with just 80% of the defensive intensity we are seeing now...

Let's go Purdue! CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE!

Iowa should be ranked top 10 after this!

Final Four baby!!

Lets knock these effers out…! Winning on D!

Murray for 3! 2 point game!!!!

Refs keep bailing out trapped Purdue players. All Purdue has to do is flail around the defenders and a bailout comes.

Here come the refs to bail out Purdue again.

Let’s beat PU and the officials!

Bardo, “ That’s a good call”. Every time.

Good call, Bardo are you high?

And f*ck these blind announcers, too!

Iowa isn’t gonna win this, but damn, they played tough!

Great effort! Scared the shit out of ‘em.

Iowa beats these guys with fair officiating, or with Keegan, or at home.

Williams should be in jail for assault.

Williams is a thug who knocks women employees at Wendy's on their ass.

Ivey no where as good as Keegan.

Love the passion but I think you underestimate Ivey due to not winning a tough game. Love Keegan but Ivey is a stud.

May be a stud but if Keegan plays, he dominates. I mean dominates.

If you can compete with this Purdue team at their place down your best player on opening night, you can play with anybody.

That’s the way it always goes at Macky. Those bastards always spank us!

If there ever was a moral victory, this is one of them.

They ran out of gas in the last minute, but there's no shame in losing a close one at Purdue. I totally expected a blowout.

Purdue is a damn good team - crazy size, athleticism, speed...Hawks held their own, specifically defensively, made Purdue earn it.

Game goes to the MotherF*cking zebras. They definitely gave the game away. Bastards! Should have had JBo in, for Christ's Sake.

Bardo should be flayed alive at high noon on main street.

They are almost completely blowing the Boilermakers.

Yeah, color me unimpressed with Purdue.

If Purdue is the #1 team in the country, pencil in one #1 seed who’s missing the Final Four…

Enjoy your day Purdue, it won’t last.

You guys are nuts. Purdue and Ivey are awesome and we went balls out. I'm not a moral victory guy but holy shit!

I was INCREDIBLY happy with how we defended tonight. That never happens. I really thought that was the most effort any Fran team has shown. Still need to battle on the boards and make shots. I think Keegan would have helped tonight but I don't know if it would have been enough to win.

We were playing at one of the toughest arenas in America. There are only a few times we have won at Purdue. Ever!

Purdue played great 1st half, we switched it up and made an AWESOME run then they made plays at the end. Purdue will lose games cuz its the big ten but they're a 1-2 seed all year long. We are definitely a Top 25 team.

Purdue has owned us in basketball and football. Truly our most hated rival.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News