ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Dakich quote

Curious, why did he say that? Are the fighting saints of Carroll College about to be the next Butler in the FF.

Reactions: PU52Chevy
Curious, why did he say that? Are the fighting saints of Carroll College about to be the next Butler in the FF.
Great basketball mind...heck, just great mind in general, so I can see the basis for the notion that Carson is similar to Stevens in that regard...and I think Carson could be a very good basketball coach potentially...hard to imagine him being as successful as Stevens, but hard to imagine anybody doing what Stevens did for that matter.

Carson would be more than a welcome addition to the Purdue coaching staff if he were at all interested, but I am not sure that he will not be able to move up the coaching ranks on his own if he so wishes either.

Dakich's love for Carson is due to the Andrean connection...but Carson has a lot of fans of his work I think that know him and have followed him.

Great basketball mind...heck, just great mind in general, so I can see the basis for the notion that Carson is similar to Stevens in that regard...and I think Carson could be a very good basketball coach potentially...hard to imagine him being as successful as Stevens, but hard to imagine anybody doing what Stevens did for that matter.

Carson would be more than a welcome addition to the Purdue coaching staff if he were at all interested, but I am not sure that he will not be able to move up the coaching ranks on his own if he so wishes either.

Dakich's love for Carson is due to the Andrean connection...but Carson has a lot of fans of his work I think that know him and have followed him.
I think DD just visited Carson out at Carroll College too so he is still pumped about his visit out there....beautiful campus and location.

I think CC would be a great coach and would welcome him back to Purdue in a heartbeat.

Talk about knowledge of the game, x's and o'c and history...heck him and Painter could sit for hours and talk about it all.

Boiler Up!

Wouldn't being an ex Boiler automatically disqualify him?

My younger brother in law went to camp at Purdue for a week during 1998 Sumer camp I think. He asked me who he should try to hang out with. I told him Carson without a doubt. Ironically he ended up hanging out with Kristoff Kendrick instead.

My favorite CC moment was during the triple overtime Michigan game when he hit 3 freethrows left handed for the win. I was chasing my 1 year old around the concourse watching some of the overtime as she was getting restless. Thankfully her mother took over in the 3rd overtime and I was able to watch it up close. High quality person all around!

So I guess now that Stevens has settled in in Boston threads calling for Carson to replace the Clapper will start popping up over at the Stye.

Reactions: nagemj02
Dakich is a good guy to have on our side. Hypes up Purdue WAY more than any other national basketball analysts

So I guess now that Stevens has settled in in Boston threads calling for Carson to replace the Clapper will start popping up over at the Stye.
Stevens has done a really nice job in Boston, no question about it...but, things did not come close to playing out as expected with the most recent draft that all involved had hoped and planned for...and early indications are that Free Agency may not either...if so, while his job is not in jeopardy by any means and that he has done a great job, it is not hard to imagine him back in the college ranks...if so, hopefully somewhere other than IU.

Wouldn't being an ex Boiler automatically disqualify him?

My younger brother in law went to camp at Purdue for a week during 1998 Sumer camp I think. He asked me who he should try to hang out with. I told him Carson without a doubt. Ironically he ended up hanging out with Kristoff Kendrick instead.

My favorite CC moment was during the triple overtime Michigan game when he hit 3 freethrows left handed for the win. I was chasing my 1 year old around the concourse watching some of the overtime as she was getting restless. Thankfully her mother took over in the 3rd overtime and I was able to watch it up close. High quality person all around!
Kristoff was Colts' offensive lineman Joe Reitz's roommate at Western Michigan...Joe is a life long Purdue fan, and has been to several games with Kristoff.

CC had some great and memorable moments during his time at Purdue...a fun guy to watch play for certain...many do not recall just how talented he was, and he completely changed his game when he transferred to Purdue from Oregon St., where he was runner-up to an ultra-tealented Mike Bibby as Pac-10 Freshman-of-the-Year.

Reactions: punaj
Kristoff was Colts' offensive lineman Joe Reitz's roommate at Western Michigan...Joe is a life long Purdue fan, and has been to several games with Kristoff.

CC had some great and memorable moments during his time at Purdue...a fun guy to watch play for certain...many do not recall just how talented he was, and he completely changed his game when he transferred to Purdue from Oregon St., where he was runner-up to an ultra-tealented Mike Bibby as Pac-10 Freshman-of-the-Year.
I always liked Kristoff. I had taken my brother in law to a father/son one day camp a week before, as his father had passed already. He hung with Kristoff all day as they were both the same age, 13/14? Of course Frank was still there and on good terms. Man he hated IU back then. Really surprised me to see him embrace them after the split. He absolutely talked about his hate for them whenever he got the chance.

Reactions: nagemj02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT