ADVERTISEMENT

Interested in People’s Thoughts...

NashvilleBoiler

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2001
Was Moore the best player on the field last night?

In the past I wouldn’t even think about suggesting a Purdue player, even if he had some stellar, out-of-this-world game, could in reality compare to most of an OSU lineup. But they truly had no answer for him. He did whatever he wanted.

Yes, Moore was the best player on the field. The threat he is opens up space for other people, and we have a phenomenal coach that knows exactly how to use him, whether he’s getting the ball that play or not.

I was in awe of OSU lack of respect for Rondale. We caught them with a LB(39) on Rondale in the 3rd qtr!! I don’t think I saw them double cover or bracket him all night! I saw very few adjustments on their end other than stunts on the Dline to offer up more pressure.

I was in awe of OSU lack of respect for Rondale. We caught them with a LB(39) on Rondale in the 3rd qtr!! I don’t think I saw them double cover or bracket him all night! I saw very few adjustments on their end other than stunts on the Dline to offer up more pressure.
They play a press man and when you do that, when there are 4 or 5 WR’s on the field, it forces a LB to line up against a WR. Schematically speaking, Brohm orchestrated a masterpiece last night. The intricacies of what his playcalling showed was amazing. I think he realized he has the horses to run his offense after the Missouri game but I think it was the EMU game where he decided he wouldn’t allow the thought of being limited limit his playcalling. It’s one thing to have a roster confident in their coaches...when the coaches have full confidence in their players to do everything they want and need, you get a game like last night.

Reactions: bodog57
Yes, Moore was the best player on the field. The threat he is opens up space for other people, and we have a phenomenal coach that knows exactly how to use him, whether he’s getting the ball that play or not.
Moore received the helmet sticker from Joey Galloway on ESPN today. It sure was nice seeing the Purdue helmet on the ESPN desk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT