ADVERTISEMENT

Indy Classic outdraws Hoosier Classic

One of the posters (New Pal Boiler) said "they have got to get the crime/homelessness thing figured out", so it was not I who tied them together. And frankly your obsessing about "violent crime" is misinformed, because if you look at the distribution, it's spread out all over the city, but mostly on the east side or south of 38th Street, as well as other areas that are more impoverished, sadly. Downtown is not unsafe, as I have lived there for years and I've gone out more during those years than most will visit in their lifetime, and yet I've never had any issues with violent crime.
Right... Well reading comprehension would tell you that just means both things. It doesn't mean homelessness is a crime. Just that both things need figured out.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Damn, that is really unfortunate to hear. I live in Chicago and love it for all of its pros and cons, but it always struck me how remarkably clean and nice Downtown Indianapolis felt every time I visited ... it had a very "white collar" feel, especially for a Midwestern city.
I think for the size of the city it was very safe for many years. That has changed and is no longer as safe as it was. Is it still safer than other cities...yes, and many of those are worse as well. I'm guessing that a lot of cities are not as safe as just a couple of years ago. Sadly, I think many cities may get worse instead of better in the near future and hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
When did I quote that post? Maybe you should reassess your own comprehension.

I mean honestly if getting murdered in broad daylight downtown is your reason for not going to a Purdue bball game, I don't know what to say. Probably should avoid getting in a car anytime soon.
Your words:
"And frankly your obsessing about "violent crime" is misinformed, because if you look at the distribution, it's spread out all over the city"

You can't comprehend your own posts. But after all, they are pretty senseless.

You obviously do not live in Indianapolis, or your lack of comprehension extends beyond this board. It is well-covered in the local news that violent crime rates have skyrocketed in recent years. Several people on this board have expressed their honest concern. People like you who think "it's OK" are the reason it gets worse.

And you thinking Purdue played their game in "broad daylight"... lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT