ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana State Game

Russ Ford

True Freshman
Mar 24, 2018
Purdue up 11-10 4:53 in the 1st. Purdue with 4 early turnovers and 2 fouls on Petree.

Indiana State up 21-20 after one. State is small but quick. Their pressure is bothering Purdue so far. At least 5 turnovers and they have deflected several other passes.

Purdue up 29-28 4:15 in the 2nd. At least 9 turnovers by the ladies. Madison Layden leads in scoring with 10. State is doing a lot of hacking.

Reactions: tjreese
Purdue up 35-31 at the half. Mainly do to points at the line. I think Purdue has shot 18 or so free throws. State has shot only a couple. Hardin leads in scoring with 12 and Layden has 10. Petree has only played a couple minutes due to 2 early fouls. I don't think Harper has scored yet.

State is still doing a lot of hacking but their pressure is definitely bothering Purdue. I'm expecting a close second half.

As long as they win.....this could be a good learning experience for them.

Purdue starts 2nd half on 8-0 run to go up 43-31. Petree hits a three then picks up her 3rd foul a few seconds later. She's back on the bench. Hardin has 15 now.

Reactions: RBryant311
Jayla Smith really struggling at the line 1 of 6. But her defense has been stellar and she just hit a three. Purdue up 48-34 at 4:57 in the 3rd.

Reactions: DocRon and tjreese
Purdue up 56-38 after 3. Ava Learn with a needed 8 points now. Terry has about 8 assists but 4 or 5 turnovers on some careless passes. Layden playing a ton of minutes....she has only been on the bench a minute or 2.

66-38 Purdue now at 7:26 in the 4th. State has really lost something in the 2nd half. They are not nearly as aggressive as they were in the 1st half.

Reactions: tjreese
Purdue wins 77-54. Hardin with 18 and Petree with 17. A good win with more positives to build on and some not so positives (turnovers) for the coaches to get on them about.

Last edited:
Purdue wins 77-54. Hardin with 18 and Petree with 17. A good win with more positive to build on and some not so positives (turnovers) for the coaches to get on them about.
(Very very TIC). I can't believe we won by over 30 and some people saw negatives in the game.... 😋😁😋

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Indiana State is another completely reworked team from a year ago so again hard to do a thorough pre-game scout on - save for their two wins to start the year, one over a pretty decent team in St Louis. It seems like ISU has the man power to play incredibly hard for the first 20 min, which they did but we made the proper adjustments at half and I think they just couldn’t keep up that same scrappy effort for a full 40. You see that in a lot of mid majors. But, like the games before, KG made great adjustments at the half. She is proving herself to be a good in-game coach, imo, especially being still so young. She knows basketball and it shows in her teams.

Reactions: DocRon
Jayla Smith really struggling at the line 1 of 6. But her defense has been stellar and she just hit a three. Purdue up 48-34 at 4:57 in the 3rd.
Wow, I think even I could hit 1/6 from the FT line. (But of course Jayla can do all kinds of things I could only dream of..) I hope this was just a really, really off night for her FT’s.

ADVERTISEMENT