ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming transfers?

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Any word from anyone on players visiting? Thomas it would seem would be a nice get, getting her, a graduate Sr, and a multi year transfer the plan? There’s 5 Spots available, hope at least 3 are filled.

We really aren't likely to get anyone. For the most part the transfers that have chosen a school have gone to their second or third choise when they were originally recruited. Roughly 20% of all the girls in the portal have chosen their school officially already, and most of the P5 kids are gone. Additionally there are very few posts left, and that is our only pressing need. A swing player coming in would almost guarantee us losing transfers over playing time the next couple of years. We have 8 players for two spots already, adding more just adds to that logjam. Thomas would be a really good get, and I still have hopes for her, but really, Purdue at this point getting a high quality player out of the portal is like winning the powerball kind of odds. Unless they have radically changed the rules, the coaches cannot officially contact potential transfers until the transfer initiates the contact, so there is only so much CKG can even do to attract their attention.

We really aren't likely to get anyone. For the most part the transfers that have chosen a school have gone to their second or third choise when they were originally recruited. Roughly 20% of all the girls in the portal have chosen their school officially already, and most of the P5 kids are gone. Additionally there are very few posts left, and that is our only pressing need. A swing player coming in would almost guarantee us losing transfers over playing time the next couple of years. We have 8 players for two spots already, adding more just adds to that logjam. Thomas would be a really good get, and I still have hopes for her, but really, Purdue at this point getting a high quality player out of the portal is like winning the powerball kind of odds. Unless they have radically changed the rules, the coaches cannot officially contact potential transfers until the transfer initiates the contact, so there is only so much CKG can even do to attract their attention.

My guess is 2-3 players are added, 10 with 15 ships to give would be unwise. Hoping for Thomas, multi year, grad transfer.

My guess is 2-3 players are added, 10 with 15 ships to give would be unwise. Hoping for Thomas, multi year, grad transfer.
I very seriously doubt we get anyone of quality if anyone at all except maybe Thomas. And that I will wager on. ;) We have a coach with no D1 contacts or experience before this year, and transfers go where they have connections, and Purdue has virtually none in existence in WCBB right now.

Rejecting the doom and gloom unless I have to accept it. It appears KG is in on some decent transfers. Until and if she strikes out, I will hope for the best. My only disappointment is losing Terry. That surprised me as she would have had major minutes and would definitely been a strong part of the rotation. Let's see how this lands.

Rejecting the doom and gloom unless I have to accept it. It appears KG is in on some decent transfers. Until and if she strikes out, I will hope for the best. My only disappointment is losing Terry. That surprised me as she would have had major minutes and would definitely been a strong part of the rotation. Let's see how this lands.
2-3 players will be added, no way Purdue goes into a season 5 scholarships below the limit, that would be crazy.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Seems to me that you need bodies to be able to hold scrimmages especially since injuries will keep some out of practices and scrimmages along the way...so to say that they won't take any transfers when they have 5 schollys available and you need bodies to hold scrimmages, doesn't make any logical sense. They will take some transfer portal players imho, they may not be familiar names to us but it seems stupid to just have 10 scholarship players when you have 15 spots available.

Seems to me that you need bodies to be able to hold scrimmages especially since injuries will keep some out of practices and scrimmages along the way...so to say that they won't take any transfers when they have 5 schollys available and you need bodies to hold scrimmages, doesn't make any logical sense. They will take some transfer portal players imho, they may not be familiar names to us but it seems stupid to just have 10 scholarship players when you have 15 spots available.
They might take a couple of bodies late in the process from the pool of players that have nowhere else to go (which is expected to be well over 200), but I stand by my statement that we are extremely unlikely to land anyone capable of being a major contributor next season. The transfer portal is not a grocery store where you just go pickup who you want, and with our situation, we have virtually nothing to offer to attract a high profile transfer.

Now, there is another option considering some factors not yet discussed much. Terry will have to sit out if she transfers to another school, having used her one free transfer to come here. Once she realizes no one wants a one year player of her skill level that they have to give up two years of scholarship for, she may come back if she is in good academic standing. Likewise, Kyle is not getting the kind of offers she had hoped to garner and may realize returning to Purdue if CKG will have her is in fact her best option and for Purdue she is likely the best post left in the portal we have a decent chance to land. Oriyomi is in the same boat as Terry, but I don't think she gets her schollie back unless CKG just wants her for practice fodder again next year.

Now, there is another option considering some factors not yet discussed much. Terry will have to sit out if she transfers to another school, having used her one free transfer to come here. Once she realizes no one wants a one year player of her skill level that they have to give up two years of scholarship for, she may come back if she is in good academic standing. Likewise, Kyle is not getting the kind of offers she had hoped to garner and may realize returning to Purdue if CKG will have her is in fact her best option and for Purdue she is likely the best post left in the portal we have a decent chance to land. Oriyomi is in the same boat as Terry, but I don't think she gets her schollie back unless CKG just wants her for practice fodder again next year.
If Terry is a graduate she would be able to play next year, no idea if she is or not though.

The sky has fallen MichaekRR. I just knew that KG would totally fail :)
Not landing a quality player out of this years transfer portal is not indicative of whether or not she will fail, nor have I implied that in any way. But as landing transfers is 95% about previous existing relationships with the player transferring, she is in a VERY deep hole in landing any top shelf players after only one year in D1 at any type of coaching position.

If Terry is a graduate she would be able to play next year, no idea if she is or not though.
If she graduated after only three years, while playing ball at two different universities, I would be highly impressed. An associates degree does not count towards earning you another exemption.

They might take a couple of bodies late in the process from the pool of players that have nowhere else to go (which is expected to be well over 200), but I stand by my statement that we are extremely unlikely to land anyone capable of being a major contributor next season. The transfer portal is not a grocery store where you just go pickup who you want, and with our situation, we have virtually nothing to offer to attract a high profile transfer.
I disagree a little, Purdue is a top flight Big Ten school that’s well regarded, guessing they’ll get at least 1 solid player that could help the team.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
If she graduated after only three years, while playing ball at two different universities, I would be highly impressed. An associates degree does not count towards earning you another exemption.
These days there’s kids with college credits that are still in High School, if she did this and took summer classes who knows. I agree that it’s probably unlikely.

I disagree a little, Purdue is a top flight Big Ten school that’s well regarded, guessing they’ll get at least 1 solid player that could help the team.
We shall see in a couple of months. I don't mind you disagreeing with me, unlike the resident troll of the board, it sparks interesting discussions as long as you have legit reasons to back up your beliefs. I might however mock you if you only have a single mostly invalid reason that you stick to in the face of mountains of contradictory evidence and I'll discount your future opinions because of it..... just being honest ;)

Last edited:
We shall see in a couple of months. I don't mind you disagreeing with me, unlike the resident troll of the board, it sparks interesting discussions as long as you have legit reasons to back up your beliefs. I might however mock you if you only have mostly invalid reason that you stick to in the face of mountains of contradictory evidence and discount your future opinions because of it..... just being honest ;)
Would think by May 1 we’ll have answers, like you said we’ll see.

I very seriously doubt we get anyone of quality if anyone at all except maybe Thomas. And that I will wager on. ;) We have a coach with no D1 contacts or experience before this year, and transfers go where they have connections, and Purdue has virtually none in existence in WCBB right now.
Boosting to show Michael is full of 💩

• Haha
Reactions: TC4THREE
Boosting to show Michael is full of 💩
My wife used to keep a list of all the things I did that pissed her off because if she did not keep the list she would forget about them.

Do you keep a list of all the people that disagree with you so you can 💩 on them later?

She eventually stopped (think she ran out of paper) and our marriage got a whole lot more amicable.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelRR
My wife used to keep a list of all the things I did that pissed her off because if she did not keep the list she would forget about them.

Do you keep a list of all the people that disagree with you so you can 💩 on them later?

She eventually stopped (think she ran out of paper) and our marriage got a whole lot more amicable.
No. Thankfully this website keeps receipts so I can call people out on their bull 💩. There’s a difference

Reactions: TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT