ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming transfers

Purdue11

Junior
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone know anything in the transfer side of recruiting. I think Brohm will need to bring in 1 maybe 2 O-linemen, 1-2 D-linemen, 1 LB/OLB, 2 DB's

I think OL will be fine. Stickford and another RS were progressing well. I think we still have Yacoobi and Melendez so we have 7 guys who can be in the rotation.

With Wilson leaving, I think we need a DT and potentially an immediately contributing LB. We have a lot of bodies at DB but I don't know how many of those will be big contributors. Thineman, Mosely and Smiley are returning contributors. Cason and Jallow are back as well. Going to need big steps forward from that group this year.

I think OL will be fine. Stickford and another RS were progressing well. I think we still have Yacoobi and Melendez so we have 7 guys who can be in the rotation.

With Wilson leaving, I think we need a DT and potentially an immediately contributing LB. We have a lot of bodies at DB but I don't know how many of those will be big contributors. Thineman, Mosely and Smiley are returning contributors. Cason and Jallow are back as well. Going to need big steps forward from that group this year.
My biggest worry is CB. Derrick Mackey who redshirted should do pretty well. Outside of him i don't have a lot of confidence in them

Overall LB and DT could be a concern, but Holt will coach up who we have to the best of their abilities. Next season will be offense having to pace a few teams to the finish line. Our bowl game gave us a preview to next season in terms of offensive performance.

What about Brandon Schuman? I can't remember if he got hurt or what but he was getting talked about as a talented kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT