ADVERTISEMENT

In the absence of Purdue Basketball for the next few months,

In the absence of PU basketball for the next few months, what occupies your time?

• Honey Do's

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Golf

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Drinking

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Baseball

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Travel

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Softball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lamenting about Purdue Football

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Other

Votes: 28 38.9%

• Total voters
Math, I love the Dragon, but the Cherohala Highway is a blast on the Ducati or MV Agusta. I'll book a room in June for Gatlinburg and take the new Vette down. There's a road that's equal too, or in some cases better called the Rattlesnake southeast of there too. It's 209 in N.C. Here's a link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjwiuiNwabTAhVMw4MKHV0KDB4QFggrMAI&url=http://www.209therattler.com/&usg=AFQjCNF8VI_1XifERThv9FyV2YvkHNFtUQ
Everything I hear about the Cherohala says its great! I missed it last time I was down there, but intend to take it in as soon as possible. I have also heard of the Rattlesnake, and intend to runit on the way back up from Florida. Should be a blast! Should be a fun summer. Maybe we will pass each other somewhere along the line. My license plate says "Y2K S2K". Keep your eye open!

My tennis is still my excuse to not getting out to the field for the game of golf. Maybe, I will this summer, in between tennis and traveling.

Boy, can't wait till upcoming season!!

Boiler Up!!

We lease military quarters at Pensacola Naval Air Station as a second home. Plan to spend half the summer down there pigging out on seafood and hope not to get gout again.

Surprising number of Purdue folks in the Pensacola area. Every time I go out with a slant "P" hat on, some Boilers will walk up and say howdy.

Everything I hear about the Cherohala says its great! I missed it last time I was down there, but intend to take it in as soon as possible. I have also heard of the Rattlesnake, and intend to runit on the way back up from Florida. Should be a blast! Should be a fun summer. Maybe we will pass each other somewhere along the line. My license plate says "Y2K S2K". Keep your eye open!
My Corvette plate says "Adickshun". Picking up the new one this week after two weeks of sun and fun in Florida. They have not had a rain the entire month of April. Was 95 when I left Flagler Beach two days ago.

My Corvette plate says "Adickshun". Picking up the new one this week after two weeks of sun and fun in Florida. They have not had a rain the entire month of April. Was 95 when I left Flagler Beach two days ago.
I you're feeling parched run by my place. 13 1/2" of rain since last Wednesday night is more than I ever want to deal with again.

I think the answer is obvious! We'll spend countless hours arguing about recruits who have no interest in Purdue !

Reactions: 70boiler
I'm in for the grandkid thing as well. With 11 of them between the ages of 2 and 23 the options are many.
Watched eldest (senior in HS) play baseball tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday if rain holds off. He'll be on the mound for the conference championship game Thursday. Watching middle play AAU somewhere in Lafayette Saturday. Not crazy about 11 year-old's playing basketball all summer, but it's his passion so I'll support it. Shoots 150 shots on his own every day and is projected to be 6'7" when done growing.

Where do you stay around Flagler? We go to that area 1-2 times a year.

Where do you stay around Flagler? We go to that area 1-2 times a year.
Stayed several places over the years. The Orchid is nice..but pricey. Stayed this time at the Luxury Suites on the south end of town....new Tennessee ownership and the only place on the ocean side...two buildings south of High Tides. Clean, walk out your door and you're in sand and water. Full unit with BR/Bath/Full Kitchen/LR/Deck.

I also have a friend in the Real Estate business who is looking for me a place to buy. Been going there for probably 25 years as it's the last great beach town in Florida, and it's close to Daytona and St. Augustine. Beach isn't crowded like those two places.

If you want, send me a PM and I'll give you my friend's info. The Condo's on the South end are pretty decent too.

Stayed several places over the years. The Orchid is nice..but pricey. Stayed this time at the Luxury Suites on the south end of town....new Tennessee ownership and the only place on the ocean side...two buildings south of High Tides. Clean, walk out your door and you're in sand and water. Full unit with BR/Bath/Full Kitchen/LR/Deck.

I also have a friend in the Real Estate business who is looking for me a place to buy. Been going there for probably 25 years as it's the last great beach town in Florida, and it's close to Daytona and St. Augustine. Beach isn't crowded like those two places.

If you want, send me a PM and I'll give you my friend's info. The Condo's on the South end are pretty decent too.
Not sure how to PM on here, but we stay up in northern Flagler County, in the Hammock area.

Lots of great seafood joints in Flagler Beach! And always looking for new recommendations!

Playing golf mostly, however, have a big trip for this summer.

We are in the process of hitting up all the MLB ballparks, last year took us to Texas for the Rangers and Astros. This summer we're driving from our home in Michigan and zig-zagging our way out west, hitting up things like: Field of Dreams, Mount Rushmore, Chief Crazyhorse Memorial, Rockies game, Denver mint, an old mining town, four corners, Grand Canyon, Diamondbacks game, Route 66, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, ending up at Disneyland for a couple days before flying back home.

Not sure if we're crazy or not, but this will be a memorable trip, good or bad.

After that it's more golf and then heading to the WGC-Bridgestone golf tournament in Akron for the week of that tournament.

Reactions: Inspector100
where are you located? That's a lot of water!
Carterville IL, between Marion and Carbondale. Far southern IL. Another 3+ coming tonight. Hoping for no wind. In 2009 we were this wet and had a super derecho with 120 mph winds for a half hour. Devastating to thousands of trees mostly oaks and hickories.

Reactions: Wolegib
Carterville IL, between Marion and Carbondale. Far southern IL. Another 3+ coming tonight. Hoping for no wind. In 2009 we were this wet and had a super derecho with 120 mph winds for a half hour. Devastating to thousands of trees mostly oaks and hickories.

SI Boiler I probably know you and you know me ! I live on Whippoorwill Rd off of Greenbriar and Mockingbird in Carterville ! My son played football, basketball and track at Carterville HS. They called him BIGS. he's now on the track team at SIU !

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Playing golf mostly, however, have a big trip for this summer.

We are in the process of hitting up all the MLB ballparks, last year took us to Texas for the Rangers and Astros. This summer we're driving from our home in Michigan and zig-zagging our way out west, hitting up things like: Field of Dreams, Mount Rushmore, Chief Crazyhorse Memorial, Rockies game, Denver mint, an old mining town, four corners, Grand Canyon, Diamondbacks game, Route 66, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, ending up at Disneyland for a couple days before flying back home.

Not sure if we're crazy or not, but this will be a memorable trip, good or bad.

After that it's more golf and then heading to the WGC-Bridgestone golf tournament in Akron for the week of that tournament.
Love the idea of hitting all the MLB parks. And I hit every minor league park I can.

Not sure how to PM on here, but we stay up in northern Flagler County, in the Hammock area.

Lots of great seafood joints in Flagler Beach! And always looking for new recommendations!
I'd guess you've been to the Flagler Fish House? High Tides? Saltwater Cowboy's....which just reopened the night we left. Jack's in St. Augustine....fun outdoor bar. The Anchor? Great Thai place in Palm Coast that I can't remember the name of. Funky Pelican for breakfast on the pier. After all these years, I discovered the Turtle Shack on the north end of Flagler...great surprise. ChuChuRita's in Holly Hills...Spanish, Honduran food. And of course Martins and the place under the bridge. Damn, I do need to find me a house.:(

I'd guess you've been to the Flagler Fish House? High Tides? Saltwater Cowboy's....which just reopened the night we left. Jack's in St. Augustine....fun outdoor bar. The Anchor? Great Thai place in Palm Coast that I can't remember the name of. Funky Pelican for breakfast on the pier. After all these years, I discovered the Turtle Shack on the north end of Flagler...great surprise. ChuChuRita's in Holly Hills...Spanish, Honduran food. And of course Martins and the place under the bridge. Damn, I do need to find me a house.:(
Been to most of those but not The Anchor or High Tides, I'll have to try them next time. Some of our faves farther north are captains BBQ and mezzaluna pizza in the palm coast/hammock area and cap's and ice plant in st Augustine.

Didn't know cowboys reopened-
Same location off dondanville road?

And there's a fun place on the river in ormond beach, but i forget the name...

Been to most of those but not The Anchor or High Tides, I'll have to try them next time. Some of our faves farther north are captains BBQ and mezzaluna pizza in the palm coast/hammock area and cap's and ice plant in st Augustine.

Didn't know cowboys reopened-
Same location off dondanville road?

And there's a fun place on the river in ormond beach, but i forget the name...
Yep, same place....new building on new posts....same place. The hurricane hammered the homes built on stilts north of Marineland. What's the place on the west side of A1A just north of HD and the Palm Coast road....blue color, party bar out back. Had lunch there last week. You have Riptides and River Grill and Charlie Horse in Ormond.

Yep, same place....new building on new posts....same place. The hurricane hammered the homes built on stilts north of Marineland. What's the place on the west side of A1A just north of HD and the Palm Coast road....blue color, party bar out back. Had lunch there last week. You have Riptides and River Grill and Charlie Horse in Ormond.
River grille - that's it.

You mean JTs?

Love the idea of hitting all the MLB parks. And I hit every minor league park I can.

It's been a lot of fun doing it. After this upcoming trip, we are down to just 2 trips to complete the circuit. San Francisco-Oakland-Seattle and Philly-DC-Baltimore. Then we'll start hitting up the new parks in Atlanta and both New York ones.

It's been a lot of fun doing it. After this upcoming trip, we are down to just 2 trips to complete the circuit. San Francisco-Oakland-Seattle and Philly-DC-Baltimore. Then we'll start hitting up the new parks in Atlanta and both New York ones.
Friend of mine tried to do the MLB thing in one season. Logistics were an absolute bitch and he had to make it a two year journey. Retirement gift to himself with his two sons.

Friend of mine tried to do the MLB thing in one season. Logistics were an absolute bitch and he had to make it a two year journey. Retirement gift to himself with his two sons.

We had a father and his sons in a neighboring town do this in one year, actually it was more like a month or so. They had a write up about it in the paper, sounded like something I'd like to do, but that is a lot of travel in a short period.

We started with all the ones that were easy to drive to, then extended that a bit. Now I check the schedule when it comes out to see if we can make it work during the summer, while also trying to be at as many stadiums as possible when the Reds (favorite team) are visiting.

We had a father and his sons in a neighboring town do this in one year, actually it was more like a month or so. They had a write up about it in the paper, sounded like something I'd like to do, but that is a lot of travel in a short period.

We started with all the ones that were easy to drive to, then extended that a bit. Now I check the schedule when it comes out to see if we can make it work during the summer, while also trying to be at as many stadiums as possible when the Reds (favorite team) are visiting.
You don't live in the Fishers, Ind., area do you?

ADVERTISEMENT