ADVERTISEMENT

I'm stoked that Louisville won today.

If Purdue were to ever hire Brian Kelly, I would be done with Purdue football.
It’s a moot point - it would never happen because he wouldn’t come to Purdue in the first place. That said, there are a bunch of HCs who would be much worse than him. He’s only 130-48 (0.730) between Cincinnati, Notre Dame, and LSU.

Last edited:
People said similar about Tiller. Finding a competent head football coach is not easy, and history tells us that it will take at least two hires after Jeff Brohm to get it right.

That was before Big Ten money...and when Purdue was cheaping out on hires.

I don't share your optimism.
Purdue is a totally different athletic program since Mitch Daniels. Money is being invested. Brohm has the program back to relevance. If he left tomorrow, Purdue football would be considered a desirable job. Especially with Big Ten money pouring in.

Purdue could have leveraged Tiller's success and hired a good coach. It would have been a desirable job at that point. But the admin cheaped out and hired Hope for less than $1MM annually. It was a sad situation and it was all about money and a lack of commitment to the program.

Purdue is a totally different athletic program since Mitch Daniels. Money is being invested. Brohm has the program back to relevance. If he left tomorrow, Purdue football would be considered a desirable job. Especially with Big Ten money pouring in.

Purdue could have leveraged Tiller's success and hired a good coach. It would have been a desirable job at that point. But the admin cheaped out and hired Hope for less than $1MM annually. It was a sad situation and it was all about money and a lack of commitment to the program.
I understand mk_peters p.o.v to a degree. Purdue has not done a good job of following strong FB hires with another one in decades.

That said, our FB program and AD are in a much better position right now than they were when Brohm became HC. Purdue has built new facilities and is planning more. We finally have something going with NIL, although there’s arguably more to be done. We have a supportive AD, BoT, and President. Purdue is much more attractive spot than it was. The TV revenue deal is huge for the BIG.

Reactions: purduepat1969

Look at Scott Frost though. Nebraska definitely had the commitment when he was hired.

I understand mk_peters p.o.v to a degree. Purdue has not done a good job of following strong FB hires with another one in decades.

That said, our FB program and AD are in a much better position right now than they were when Brohm became HC. Purdue has built new facilities and is planning more. We finally have something going with NIL, although there’s arguably more to be done. We have a supportive AD, BoT, and President. Purdue is much more attractive spot than it was. The TV revenue deal is huge for the BIG.
Unfortunately, history is on my side.

It’s a moot point - it would never happen because he wouldn’t come to Purdue in the first place. That said, there are a bunch of HCs who would be much worse than him. He’s only 130-48 (0.730) between Cincinnati, Notre Dame, and LSU.
Don’t care how successful he would be. I just loathe the man.

Reactions: RossMackey
Look at Scott Frost though. Nebraska definitely had the commitment when he was hired.

The problem with Scott Frost is that he was essentially a one year wonder at UCF, similar to Darrel Hazell at Kent State. He was there 2 years. So you had no history of the kind of recruiting classes he would bring in or how he would manage a staff. He was winning with George O'Leary's recruits. In today's world, at least at schools like Purdue, you need to hire based on a reasonable track record.

Rumors on Twitter that if they lost, Satterfield would be shown the door. Apparently his AD is behind him but the boosters are not. I was checking out Brohm's body language and the bags under his eyes and it made me uneasy. I feel like there are some conversations going on behind closed doors and if asked again, I think maybe he joins Louisville.

Regardless of all the critics on here, I think Brohm is good for Purdue. He's building a brand here and we are definitely improving.
I knew he was talking with Louisville after I watched this press conference. Something was different in his face and body language.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
It came across YouTube while I was scrolling through so I clicked on it. I was quickly annoyed and it seemed to me everyone but himself made the decision to come back. I know Families everything but if the man was a bachelor and his dad wasn’t so far up L’ville a** I truly believe he would of stayed at Purdue.

I just took a look at Louisville’s commitment list and JB has eight 4 stars lined up for next year.
Do I read this right? Louisville plays Cincinnati in their bowl game? Isn’t that where their old coach went?

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I just took a look at Louisville’s commitment list and JB has eight 4 stars lined up for next year.
Do I read this right? Louisville plays Cincinnati in their bowl game? Isn’t that where their old coach went?
Apparently, they're pretty dedicated to nil. He'll get some decent classes there.

Reactions: tenwest
No, the Oct. 8 post game press conference.
Gotcha. After all the crap L’ville has done over the years I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. I think Jeff is a straight shooter but at the same time it makes it pretty hard to do when you’re being bugged constantly. Time to find a coach that wants to be here!!

It's isn't JB's recruiting. It's from the NIL money at Louisville...

And yes, that's where Satterfield went...

Reactions: tenwest
Gotcha. After all the crap L’ville has done over the years I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. I think Jeff is a straight shooter but at the same time it makes it pretty hard to do when you’re being bugged constantly. Time to find a coach that wants to be here!!

The straight shooter bit is an act. Guarantee he and his Louisville connections were getting him set up for this after this season. There's no way any coach leaves a school after a 7-5 record with a 19th rated class coming in unless there's undo pressure for him to leave. And that's exactly what happened at Louisville. Brohm got what he wanted.

The straight shooter bit is an act. Guarantee he and his Louisville connections were getting him set up for this after this season. There's no way any coach leaves a school after a 7-5 record with a 19th rated class coming in unless there's undo pressure for him to leave. And that's exactly what happened at Louisville. Brohm got what he wanted.
You probably aren’t wrong, we all know how Louisville does business!

Yuck!

Again, why would he go to UofL at this point? The ACC is going to get gutted sooner or later. UofL doesn't have the money. And the B1G is in a position of a powerhouse. Purdue will be flush with cash. The absolute only reason is if he just wants to relive his past.

If he does go, Purdue is in a position to hire a really good coach. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...
Hey, I have friends that call Gary, IN home and they vacation there... Go figure...

ADVERTISEMENT