ADVERTISEMENT

I'm glad they are clarifying this a little

It appears that it mainly spreads person to person. I agree with Dr. Watson that “We are still learning about this new coronavirus—including how it spreads—and knowledge is increasing daily.” I hope that they are cleaning surfaces in restaurants, airplanes, etc until we know for certain how it is spread.

I think if they can determine that surfaces pose a very small risk to contracting coronavirus it will go a long way to easing people's minds.

Sadly, the only thing I think that will do that is if the numbers start trending down "after" the reopenings and new insights stop coming out. We also still don't know much about the long-term effects, so I think a good chunk of the country will play it safe until they know for sure.

Sadly, the only thing I think that will do that is if the numbers start trending down "after" the reopenings and new insights stop coming out. We also still don't know much about the long-term effects, so I think a good chunk of the country will play it safe until they know for sure.
I will be willing to do certain things like get takeout or go to Menards more often. But I agree with you for the most part.

I will be willing to do certain things like get takeout or go to Menards more often. But I agree with you for the most part.

I agree with you Biggie, but too many stores, restaurants, hotels, theatre, gymnasiums, ball parks, stadiums, music venues, etc.. have a lot of fix costs to cover and I doubt that type of traffic will keep them afloat. We may be in the valley of the shadow of death now and unless we get a vaccine it doesn't look good. And . . the lies coming out of the white house will just reinforce the distrust.

For the last 3 years, I have repeatedly told my family that we had better hope the country never has an emergency, because no one is going to believe this guy ! Well, guess what?

For the last 3 years, I have repeatedly told my family that we had better hope the country never has an emergency, because no one is going to believe this guy ! Well, guess what?
And Hillary had done so much to earn your trust. In fact, Hillary and trustworthiness are synonymous.

And Hillary had done so much to earn your trust. In fact, Hillary and trustworthiness are synonymous.

You obviously don't know me, but I was NOT a Hillary fan or a Bill fan - I only voted for Hillary because I thought Trump would be tougher for my kids to recover from. (I was right) Both are highly corrupt.

As for BILL - I never voted for him

Lol. Still talking about Hillary. 3-1/2 years later.

You people have backed yourselves up so far into trump's corner all you have left to talk about are dems that don't even hold public office anymore.
Don't be afraid, you're not alone. Trump is right there too. Only he's not just talking about the dems from 3-1/2 years ago, he's actually blaming them for his problems now.

You people have backed yourselves up so far into trump's ass all you have left to talk about are dems that don't even hold public office anymore.
Don't be afraid, you're not alone. Trump is right there too. Only he's not just talking about the dems from 3-1/2 years ago, he's actually blaming them for his problems now.

fify

This was too easy. :D

You people have backed yourselves up so far into trump's corner all you have left to talk about are dems that don't even hold public office anymore.

Ok Bob, I agree completely. We should be talking about today so let’s do that. When do you think Biden is going to come out of his basement and hit the campaign trail in person? How long do you think it will take for the media to finish squashing the Tara Reade story? Have you seen the video of Biden living through his teeth about his college degrees, etc.? I

Reactions: BSIT
Ok Bob, I agree completely. We should be talking about today so let’s do that. When do you think Biden is going to come out of his basement and hit the campaign trail in person? How long do you think it will take for the media to finish squashing the Tara Reade story? Have you seen the video of Biden living through his teeth about his college degrees, etc.? I

Joe is trying to set a good example for Americans. He's an old man in an at risk group. He's not going to put himself or people at risk by making public appearances. It isn't a serious question, just a mocking one. Besides, he doesn't have to do much right now, just watch trump self destruct and alienate more and more demographics.

When did you stop beating your wife?
Tara has her lawyers, one of which is a trump donor. I'm content to let it play out.

She might get more media attention if Trump would STFU. Trying to suppress the vote by lying about mail in voting and threatening to cut off money to financially strapped states who want to use mail in voting. Showing us yet again how stupid he is by talking about per capita testing and lying about our standing in the world. Firing IGs on a Friday night. Tweeting conspiracy theories while his lawyers argue before the supreme Court that he's too busy to be investigated. His bizarre aversion to wearing a mask. How is the media gonna find any time to cover Reade when trump makes so much news with his F ups?

I've seen the 30 year old clip about Biden's lies about his college record. I also saw the stories about his plagiarism and his apology for it. Are those going to change my mind about voting for him and vote for trump instead? Not hardly.

It appears that it mainly spreads person to person. I agree with Dr. Watson that “We are still learning about this new coronavirus—including how it spreads—and knowledge is increasing daily.” I hope that they are cleaning surfaces in restaurants, airplanes, etc until we know for certain how it is spread.

That is really something that should have been done more before the pandemic. Restaraunts needed to wipe down table with clean rag and disinfectant between customers, grocery stores should disinfect carts/baskets after use, etc, etc

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Joe is trying to set a good example for Americans. He's an old man in an at risk group. He's not going to put himself or people at risk by making public appearances. It isn't a serious question, just a mocking one. Besides, he doesn't have to do much right now, just watch trump self destruct and alienate more and more demographics.

Tara has her lawyers, one of which is a trump donor. I'm content to let it play out.

She might get more media attention if Trump would STFU. Trying to suppress the vote by lying about mail in voting and threatening to cut off money to financially strapped states who want to use mail in voting. Showing us yet again how stupid he is by talking about per capita testing and lying about our standing in the world. Firing IGs on a Friday night. Tweeting conspiracy theories while his lawyers argue before the supreme Court that he's too busy to be investigated. His bizarre aversion to wearing a mask. How is the media gonna find any time to cover Reade when trump makes so much news with his F ups?

I've seen the 30 year old clip about Biden's lies about his college record. I also saw the stories about his plagiarism and his apology for it. Are those going to change my mind about voting for him and vote for trump instead? Not hardly.

Joe is trying to set a good example for Americans. He's an old man in an at risk group. He's not going to put himself or people at risk by making public appearances. It isn't a serious question, just a mocking one.

Anyone running for office needs to be able to be out in public and make an appearance or two. He also needs to get out in public and be more available due to his highly likely dementia issue.

WTF did this come from? Are you this unhappy that you need to attack people aimlessly or just this much of an asshole?

So let this play out but one was ready to tar and feather Kavanaugh with less basis on the allegation. That is a problem with not just you but many, ethics, morals, and beliefs are not yours but dictated by a political party.

Trying to suppress the vote by lying about mail in voting and threatening to cut off money to financially strapped states who want to use mail in voting.

I wish they would get an answer on mail in and remote voting. They seem to flip to whatever side of the equation fits needs at that time.

No for some reason with the democrats/liberal thsi gets overlooked with their candidate. That said, had no issue attacking Trump on if he could read, his MBA and questioning if it is legit, etc

She might get more media attention if Trump would STFU.

You think that? The media that owned the video deleted the Larry King show from its database. They did not cover the story for roughly a month. Had nothing to do with Trump.

Firing IGs on a Friday night.
Did you have issues when Obama chose his IGs or actually when the SoS did not have a permanent IG with Clinton? Yeah, did not think so.

Trying to suppress the vote by lying about mail in voting and threatening to cut off money to financially strapped states who want to use mail in voting.

I wish they would get an answer on mail in and remote voting. They seem to flip to whatever side of the equation fits needs at that time.

Umm there is an answer. It's totally fine and has been used in many states for years/decades.

The GOP is only worried about it now because they think it may increase voter turnout. Something that -- and Trump is right here -- would be devastating for the current Republican party.

The GOP has a demographics problem. Their last 2 Presidents came to office after losing the Popular vote. The GOP hasn't had a first time President win an election with a majority support of American voters in 32 years, since 1988.

That demographics problem is only getting worse as the party continues to support exclusionary policies and platforms.

The only way to overcome that is to try and discourage voting or limiting access to voting in which that access favors the demographics the party needs. That suppression has been successful up until this point, but it is greatly threatened by growing popularity of mail-in voting.

At some point even that won't be enough, and if more people get in the habit of using mail-in voting that point will come much much faster. The President knows this , the GOP knows this. So when you say that you wish they would get an answer on mail in and remote voting .... there it is. Its safe, it's just bad for a party that is shrinking in popular support every year.

Reactions: charlespig
To those urging Biden to get out and campaign: Why would he do that? Campaigning costs money. Since Trump seems determined to do himself in, why not stay home and use the money for Democratic races for the Senate and House?

To those urging Biden to get out and campaign: Why would he do that? Campaigning costs money. Since Trump seems determined to do himself in, why not stay home and use the money for Democratic races for the Senate and House?

At some point, people on the fence or that are considering Biden, will want to see him out in public on about a daily basis. This does not apply to the people that are just going to vote for the Dem/Republican regardless.

He has got a free pass on it so far, but once election season starts he will have to be out and about and address the questions following him:
-possible dementia issues
-sex assault allegation
-the two countries he was involved with as VP his son had major business dealings there China/Ukraine
-he loves to critique Trump on slow response to COVID, but his issue is he was very critical of travel restrictions and Dem politicians have fared poorly in that area

As for me, I am just hoping a third candidate declares

Joe is trying to set a good example for Americans. He's an old man in an at risk group. He's not going to put himself or people at risk by making public appearances. It isn't a serious question, just a mocking one.

Anyone running for office needs to be able to be out in public and make an appearance or two. He also needs to get out in public and be more available due to his highly likely dementia issue.

Please, for the love of god, STFU with the dementia take. He does not have dementia. I am dealing with it in my own family. This ain't it, dude.

Please, for the love of god, STFU with the dementia take. He does not have dementia. I am dealing with it in my own family. This ain't it, dude.
Just stop. You act like the rest of us haven’t had friends or family get dementia. I’ve had several family members develop it. And one of them started with symptoms that are just like Biden’s.

Just stop. You act like the rest of us haven’t had friends or family get dementia. I’ve had several family members develop it. And one of them started with symptoms that are just like Biden’s.

No dude, YOU stop. You are absolutely grasping here, 100%. Do you honestly think Biden would be running if he had dementia? Do you really think his family would allow him to run? Come the fukk on. I know it's just a ploy on your part to cover for Trump being such an incompetent, dithering moron, but you out of all of the things you could go after Biden for, this isn't it. Just stop.

No dude, YOU stop. You are absolutely grasping here, 100%. Do you honestly think Biden would be running if he had dementia? Do you really think his family would allow him to run? Come the fukk on. I know it's just a ploy on your part to cover for Trump being such an incompetent, dithering moron, but you out of all of the things you could go after Biden for, this isn't it. Just stop.
So you need me to post the evidence of his dementia? I can do that. I’m sure @atlboiler2156 would be happy to help also.

Reactions: Level 42 and BSIT
Oh I'm sure you can. That's what good little trolls do. Not that there aren't even more examples of Trump's word salads.
There’s a big difference between a lack of vocabulary and suddenly not being able to put a sentence together. I guess we’ll find out when Biden’s forced to come out of the basement and get on the campaign trail and the debate stage.

Reactions: Level 42 and BSIT
So you need me to post the evidence of his dementia? I can do that. I’m sure @atlboiler2156 would be happy to help also.
giphy.gif

There’s a big difference between a lack of vocabulary and suddenly not being able to put a sentence together. I guess we’ll find out when Biden’s forced to come out of the basement and get on the campaign trail and the debate stage.

Trump has trouble with both, so by that definition, do you think he has dementia too?

Reactions: TheCainer
Well, if he doesn't have it, I don't know how to explain it. he had gaffes over the years, but it appears to be much worse lately and more memory issues than not knowing. I don't think he will be the candidate when it is all said and done. I look for someone else to come in just prior to the election, but who knows? 10 years ago I wouldn't have believed we had state run media either and so nothing surprises me anymore. Still, I need to finish this Citizens United to find out who and how we are losing free speech, because I haven't got to that part...yet.

We could be seeing some not believing Trump and others not knowing if Biden believes or even knows what he is saying. Maybe nobody will believe what anyone says..or maybe it will be just another split between the aisles leaving only accomplishments for comparison...but I doubt that matters either. It will be a mess no doubt...

I can't help but believe the gods on Mount Olympus are looking down at the mere mortals and laughing at their entertainment...

Well, if he doesn't have it, I don't know how to explain it. he had gaffes over the years, but it appears to be much worse lately and more memory issues than not knowing. I don't think he will be the candidate when it is all said and done. I look for someone else to come in just prior to the election, but who knows? 10 years ago I wouldn't have believed we had state run media either and so nothing surprises me anymore. Still, I need to finish this Citizens United to find out who and how we are losing free speech, because I haven't got to that part...yet.

We could be seeing some not believing Trump and others not knowing if Biden believes or even knows what he is saying. Maybe nobody will believe what anyone says..or maybe it will be just another split between the aisles leaving only accomplishments for comparison...but I doubt that matters either. It will be a mess no doubt...

I can't help but believe the gods on Mount Olympus are looking down at the mere mortals and laughing at their entertainment...
No TJ. The mainstream media and their lefty followers have made their ruling: he doesn’t have it and you had best shut up about it.

so is he just getting dumber and dumber or what. No person with a triple digit IQ can watch these mental slip ups and say nothing is wrong.

sooner rather than later he will have to come out. His ability to handle crowds and cameras will be severely tested. If MSM covered the Tara Reade issue like they did Kavanaugh it would be a game changer, of course they won’t but he still has to campaign in the real world. Covid is a convenient excuse for him to avoid reality.

No TJ. The mainstream media and their lefty followers have made their ruling: he doesn’t have it and you had best shut up about it.
When it is all said and done...I expect another to step forward. It can't be a pretty picture for his wife and loved ones seeing where he is and probably knowing it has been a lifelong goal of his. I can list a lot of things being thrown at Trump as a reason for any confusion, but ole Joe doesn't have that much to fight...not that much on his plate.

Ya know I have no idea how accurate 23&me is relative to their health predictions, but they have me as practically having no chance of Alzheimer's or maybe that was dementia, but yet my mother in her final months showed signs of not remembering "some" things. However, she knew everyone and had she been able to hide Easter Eggs she probably could find them. Still, having a loved one go through this..to the point that there is no recognition or memory of anyone has to be very tough to see a loved one not even know you...

Those that truly think he is okay, that is fine. However, for me I have to feel for him as far as this issue...

Reactions: SKYDOG
Biden has a stutter. Always has. Having a stutter does not equal having dementia. (But clearly being a Trump fan equates to unparalleled stupidity)
Biden has had more stuttering and memory loss episodes in the last year than he had the previous 30 years combined. That’s only caused by dementia.

When it is all said and done...I expect another to step forward. It can't be a pretty picture for his wife and loved ones seeing where he is and probably knowing it has been a lifelong goal of his. I can list a lot of things being thrown at Trump as a reason for any confusion, but ole Joe doesn't have that much to fight...not that much on his plate.

Ya know I have no idea how accurate 23&me is relative to their health predictions, but they have me as practically having no chance of Alzheimer's or maybe that was dementia, but yet my mother in her final months showed signs of not remembering "some" things. However, she knew everyone and had she been able to hide Easter Eggs she probably could find them. Still, having a loved one go through this..to the point that there is no recognition or memory of anyone has to be very tough to see a loved one not even know you...

Those that truly think he is okay, that is fine. However, for me I have to feel for him as far as this issue...

So are you not concerned about Trump as well? He wheezes and bumbles and slurs his way through many of his speeches. But go ahead and tell me you're not concerned about his mental faculties right now.

If you have not seen it, there is an excellent film about the stuttering problems of King George VI, titled "The King's Speech". Colin Firth plays King George VI. Incidentally stuttering is not caused by dementia not is it associated with dementia.

So are you not concerned about Trump as well? He wheezes and bumbles and slurs his way through many of his speeches. But go ahead and tell me you're not concerned about his mental faculties right now.
There is a huge amount of difference in what each has on his plate. If they had the same amount of support and the same amoount of attacks and then the same amount issues to deal with it would allow a much easier comparison in who forgets what. If you believe Biden is okay...that is fine with me. That is your choice.

If you have not seen it, there is an excellent film about the stuttering problems of King George VI, titled "The King's Speech". Colin Firth plays King George VI. Incidentally stuttering is not caused by dementia not is it associated with dementia.
Interesting movie, but that is not what I see. It is not stuttering it is complete loss of thought. Again, people can believe what they want, but I think he has issues with loss of memory or thought. My thoughts don't matter and I'm fine with that. Do you remember when the news media thought the same about the first run of Reagans?

Did King George start stuttering and forgetting his words in his mid 70s?

sooner rather than later he will have to come out. His ability to handle crowds and cameras will be severely tested. If MSM covered the Tara Reade issue like they did Kavanaugh it would be a game changer, of course they won’t but he still has to campaign in the real world. Covid is a convenient excuse for him to avoid reality.
He's been handling cameras and crowds during his campaigning during the primaries. It's obvious how desperately you guys want him to fail. All your talk about it isn't going to change anything.

You can also keep harping on Reade and blaming the media. If there's something to it we will find out. But if you at least try to look at her story and her history objectively you'd see it is pretty weak. But thats not going to happen.

Is Covid just an excuse for people to not go to work?

And so concludes yet another Bruce post that says NOTHING about Trump or the points I made about him.

It's almost like you guys are ashamed to talk about what he says and does.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT