ADVERTISEMENT

Ill vs. Texas

If Purdue can win out through the year, then we could be up to #2.

their leading scorer was a non factor during regulation, shot 50% from FT's, had alot of TO's and still won. They are talented but not a team oriented style
Yeah, I'm not sure how much to read into last night's game. I guess I felt similarly to MSU's win over Kentucky back in November. I thought both MSU and Illinois looked just ok for much of the game (against very good competition, of course). But, both teams really turned it on when it mattered most.

I know it's early, but we're the best looking team. Our offense has been so fluid and multiple scoring at every position. We just seem so complete. IMO

Illini gutted it out. They had a bunch of turnovers (17) and if they hit FTs (21-31), the game might have been over in regulation. Those stats remind me of our team last year.
Yeah, that's a good point.

their leading scorer was a non factor during regulation, shot 50% from FT's, had alot of TO's and still won. They are talented but not a team oriented style
Illinois is very team oriented. Texas is an outstanding defensive team and they took Illinois out of some things they wanted to do. That forced a number of late clock individual plays. Not the norm for Illinois. There are times this year where players are too unselfish. Hawkins is a prime example.

Illinois has a long way to go to reach its potential, but the talent is there.

• Haha
Reactions: Roeder and mathboy
Illinois is very team oriented. Texas is an outstanding defensive team and they took Illinois out of some things they wanted to do. That forced a number of late clock individual plays. Not the norm for Illinois. There are times this year where players are too unselfish. Hawkins is a prime example.

Illinois has a long way to go to reach its potential, but the talent is there.
in this game they weren't very team oriented, they had like 2 assissts in the first half

That was men vs boys today. PSUs guards are tough when they play like they did today.
That is the theme for the B1G. If a team plays hungry and TOUGH, they give themselves a chance. If they walk into the gym expecting to be treated to a victory based on their record or ranking, they are asking for a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT