ADVERTISEMENT

If you support this.....

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
You're just as looney as the people using these weird pronouns to butcher the English language.

I said it before and I'll say it again: if you're the parent of a young adult, possibly a misguided recent graduate who's been indoctrinated with liberal teachings, and who's interviewing for professional, white collar jobs (not Starbucks or the local LGBTQFYXZ+/- bar), doing the pronoun $hit during an interview is going to get your resume thrown in the garbage very quickly. And if you happen to slip past the interview process and start this silliness after you're hired, there's a good chance your performance reviews will be negatively impacted.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSIT and Robinahood
You're just as looney as the people using these weird pronouns to butcher the English language.

I said it before and I'll say it again: if you're the parent of a young adult, possibly a misguided recent graduate who's been indoctrinated with liberal teachings, and who's interviewing for professional, white collar jobs (not Starbucks or the local LGBTQFYXZ+/- bar), doing the pronoun $hit during an interview is going to get your resume thrown in the garbage very quickly. And if you happen to slip past the interview process and start this silliness after you're hired, there's a good chance your performance reviews will be negatively impacted.

What is your deal with pronouns? Why does it make you so angry that somebody indicates how they would like to be referred as?

I work in a white collar job at a Fortune 500 company and can say your resume will not be thrown away for indicating pronouns.

What is your deal with pronouns? Why does it make you so angry that somebody indicates how they would like to be referred as?

I work in a white collar job at a Fortune 500 company and can say your resume will not be thrown away for indicating pronouns.

Yeh, but your job is probably sitting in a cubicle looking at spreadsheets, trying to find out if the company can save a nickel by changing paper clip suppliers.

I acutally interview, hire and fire people. I'm judge, jury and executioner.

But since you asked, here's my problem with pronouns and making sure someone is comfortable with the pronouns being used.
Let's say I have a guy who's confused, misguided or just overly woke and decides he doesn't want to be called he/him but rather they/them.
Then, let's say we have a very important client that generates a lot of revenue for us;
I call one of the sales reps to ask about a big PO we're expecting that woke-boy was working on:
Rep: "They said the PO should be here by Friday"
Me: "Great, who did you speak to confiming this"
Rep: "Them"
Me: "Yeh, I know, but what's their title? Do they have the authority to allocate funding and issue a PO?"
Rep: "I don't know. I didn't talk to the customer, I spoke with them and they said it should be here by Friday"
Me:"What the hell are you talking about? Who did you talk to confirming the funds were available and the PO would be issued?"
Rep: "Them. They said it's a done deal"
Me: "Them? The customer? Who did you speak to in the cusotmers office?"
Rep: "Nobody at the customer's office. I spoke with them."
Me: "Get the F*ck out of my office....."

Last edited:

If you don’t like your job, quit.

What a joke of a “story”. The star is a complete dumpster fire.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Yeh, but your job is probably sitting in a cubicle looking at spreadsheets, trying to find out if the company can save a nickel by changing paper clip suppliers.

But since you asked, here's my problem with pronouns and making sure someone is comfortable with the pronouns being used.
Let's say I have a guy who's confused, misguided or just overly woke and decides he doesn't want to be called he/him but rather they/them.
Then, let's say we have a very important client that generates a lot of revenue for us;
I call one of the sales reps to ask about a big PO we're expecting that woke-boy was working on:
Me: "Yeh, I know, but what's their title? Do they have the authority to allocate funding and issue a PO?"
Rep: "I don't know. I didn't talk to the customer, I spoke with them and they said it should be here by Friday"
Me:"What the hell are you talking about? Who did you talk to confirming the funds were available and the PO would be issued?"

Pronouns have never been used to identify a specific person. Are you worried they won’t know how to use a name?

Reactions: indy35

WTF is this?

Who uses a pronoun in this stupid story?

Replace "Them" with a biological female and see if the Rep would just say "she" in your story.

God you're an idiot.

Reactions: mdthornb and indy35
Pronouns have never been used to identify a specific person. Are you worried they won’t know how to use a name?
I just explained this to you.
Instead of someone being referred to as "He" or "Him", they want to be referred to as "They" or "Them".
It's grammatically incorrect, confusing, and unnecessary.
Some people might be willing to tolerate it. I'm not.

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
I just explained this to you.
Instead of someone being referred to as "He" or "Him", they want to be referred to as "They" or "Them".
It's grammatically incorrect, confusing, and unnecessary.
Some people might be willing to tolerate it. I'm not.

You are worried that when you ask for a name they will just keep giving pronouns?

Sounds like you are inventing outlandish situations so you can justify being an ass.

Reactions: indy35
You are worried that when you ask for a name they will just keep giving pronouns?

Sounds like you are inventing outlandish situations so you can justify being an ass.
No, I'm not worried about anything because I won't entertain this silliness.
If you're a male and want to be referred to as They or Them, then find someplace else to work.
People are quitting jobs because of this? Good.

If I needed one, I wouldn't be asking you for any advice. ... And in case you are too dense to know who the pronoun "you" refers to in my reply... it's @bonefish1
I can see you're emotionally charged here.
Are you one of those weirdos who's a boy but wants to be called something other than he/him?

No, I'm not worried about anything because I won't entertain this silliness.
If you're a male and want to be referred to as They or Them, then find someplace else to work.
People are quitting jobs because of this? Good.
Oh and this happened in Bloomington. Shocker.

One lib whining to another, and it ends up in the IU Star.

Reactions: bonefish1
Are you one of those weirdos who's a boy but wants to be called something other than he/him?
If I needed one, I wouldn't be asking you for any advice. ... And in case you are too dense to know who the pronoun "you" refers to in my reply... it's @bonefish1

You are the one who is very emotional about this. You are in such a hysteria, that you invent scenarios where somebody doesn’t know the difference between and a pronoun and a name to justify being an ass.

Reactions: BleedinGold

I've been the same pronoun my entire life. And yet no one has ever been confused as to realize when asking about me to just only reply with my pronoun instead of my name.

Only a true idiot like @bonefish1 could make up a story like that and think of it as plausible. And only someone emotionally charged about this issue would be stupid enough to make a thread about it and use their ability to "hire" people as justification for the recommendations.

Newsflash: I own (not work for) multiple multi-million dollar companies too, and have been responsible for hiring and firing for those companies. I give two shits about pronouns when making those decisions. I want the best person for the job, the most skilled person for the job, and if someone gets tripped up by a pronoun when talking to Rep about a PO and kicks the Rep out of the office, I'd have that manager fired in two seconds flat.

So your advice and entire OP is shit. You're shit. And I make that decision not based on any pronoun but on your character and your story which demonstrated your inability to effectively manage a Rep.

I've been the same pronoun my entire life. And yet no one has ever been confused as to realize when asking about me to just only reply with my pronoun instead of my name.

Only a true idiot like @bonefish1 could make up a story like that and think of it as plausible. And only someone emotionally charged about this issue would be stupid enough to make a thread about it and use their ability to "hire" people as justification for the recommendations.

Newsflash: I own (not work for) multiple multi-million dollar companies too, and have been responsible for hiring and firing for those companies. I give two shits about pronouns when making those decisions. I want the best person for the job, the most skilled person for the job, and if someone gets tripped up by a pronoun when talking to Rep about a PO and kicks the Rep out of the office, I'd have that manager fired in two seconds flat.

So your advice and entire OP is shit. You're shit. And I make that decision not based on any pronoun but on your character and your story which demonstrated your inability to effectively manage a Rep.

Maybe he thinks his frat house work environment represents all work environments.

Read the Indystar article. (and no, you don't own multiple million dollar companies). Aint the internet great!

Someone has clearly not worked in corporate America since the 90s.

I'm smart enough to keep my personal opinions, social positions, political leanings and religious affiliation seperate from my workplace.
You are? You said you would refuse to hire somebody based on your own opinions on social issues.

Newsflash: Lol you don’t own multiple million dollar companies

You can’t separate you views from your work life
You're not getting it are you?

When HR asks me: "So, what did you think of this candidate?"
I say: "You know, i just didn't think his/her experience is what we're looking for. I wasn't impressed with some of this answers and I think we've got a good candidate pool to continue looking into"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT