ADVERTISEMENT

IF Brohm Leaves

I'm not saying it isn't happening. What I'm saying is I think your boosters are overpaying for a coach that no other program would give that kind of money to...and you're already paying $ for past coaches. But good luck with that...it's not an endless supply of $...
With the satterfield buyout money from cincinatti the only thing we owe money on was
Chris Mack’s buyout and a little bit of the jurich buyout

What about Coach Hagen taking over and retaining some existing staff?
i would say that quite a few assistants don't want to be a head coach, with the money the assistants make now and the added responsibility of a head coach.

With Brian as interim and Hagen still visiting, it certainly seems plausible Brian could be the head coach and Hagen as DC.

Those 2, plus bring back Shephard to be the actual OC...seems like a great way to go.

Let me enjoy the one good day in Louisville athletics in awhile lol

Btw since Monday we haven’t heard a single word about basketball
Give it some time. UofL will be fine. Reminds me a lot of Creans 1st year at IU. Just no talent on this year's UofL team.

Reactions: Trevor3232
Give it some time. UofL will be fine. Reminds me a lot of Creans 1st year at IU. Just no talent on this year's UofL team.
There are 4 and 5 star players on the current UofL roster. Their mess has nothing to do with players...

There are 4 and 5 star players on the current UofL roster. Their mess has nothing to do with players...
There is 1 player on this team with talent that’s Huntley hatfield the rest of the guys on this years team wouldn’t start for many power 5 programs haha

El Ellis our star and on a normal Louisville team he would be the first off the bench

There is 1 player on this team with talent that’s Huntley hatfield the rest of the guys on this years team wouldn’t start for many power 5 programs haha

El Ellis our star and on a normal Louisville team he would be the first off the bench
LMFAO. No, what you have is a coaching and development problem. Most teams would die to have 4 and 5 stars all over the roster. Your coach isn't worth a shit...

El Ellis - 4 star
Jae'Lyn Withers - High 3 star
Brandon Huntley Hatfield - 5 star
Michael James - 4 star
JJ Traynor - 4 star
Kamari Lands - 4 star
Hercy Miller - 3 star
Roosevelt Wheeler - 4 star

Reactions: Poprudy
LMFAO. No, what you have is a coaching and development problem. Most teams would die to have 4 and 5 stars all over the roster. Your coach isn't worth a shit...

El Ellis - 4 star
Jae'Lyn Withers - High 3 star
Brandon Huntley Hatfield - 5 star
Michael James - 4 star
JJ Traynor - 4 star
Kamari Lands - 4 star
Hercy Miller - 3 star
Roosevelt Wheeler - 4 star
Yea those stars don't always translate to the floor or wins. It's happens.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yea those stars don't always translate to the floor or wins. It's happens.

No, they don't always translate. But when you have that many on one team, there's no way they could have that many misses. This is a coaching problem...

No, they don't always translate. But when you have that many on one team, there's no way they could have that many misses. This is a coaching problem...
There is definitely a possibility of that. Especially when the previous coach didn't help them any. This TEAM just isn't good. At all. Low skill level and low IQ level. California sucks just as much as they do. Now 0-10. But it's good for UofL to take focus away from it and put it on football. Brohm has a WAY better chance of winning at Louisville than he did at Purdue.

There is definitely a possibility of that. Especially when the previous coach didn't help them any. This TEAM just isn't good. At all. Low skill level and low IQ level. California sucks just as much as they do. Now 0-10. But it's good for UofL to take focus away from it and put it on football. Brohm has a WAY better chance of winning at Louisville than he did at Purdue.

That's not just a possibility. It's the reality. No one and I mean no one, has that many misses in recruiting.

I just had a thought. this is probably the wrong thread, but it's not really worth starting a new thread.

looking into the future, Purdue either stays in the west and plays USC orUCLA or possibly both every year, or purdue is shifted to the east and gets to play Mich and Penn St and OSU every year.

My thoughts are either way it will be very hard for Purdue to get 6-7 wins in the future. I'm not saying it can't be done. and the future bowls Purdue would qualify for would be basically the music city Bowl at best with 6-7 wins.

Whereby, going to Louisville, Brohm has a very easy path to an 8-9 win season every year. and he'd have the opportunity to play in the Gator or Holiday Bowls. and with a good season, maybe the orange bowl.

if he wants to stay at Louisville, he could build a great resume with 100-150 wins in the next 20 years, with some great Bowl opportunities. an 8-9 win season would keep the alumni happy, and Louisville attracts a lot of players. it's a very easy path to success.

staying at purdue, the road to an 7 win season is going to be tough.

Reactions: SCBoiler1
I just had a thought. this is probably the wrong thread, but it's not really worth starting a new thread.

looking into the future, Purdue either stays in the west and plays USC orUCLA or possibly both every year, or purdue is shifted to the east and gets to play Mich and Penn St and OSU every year.

My thoughts are either way it will be very hard for Purdue to get 6-7 wins in the future. I'm not saying it can't be done. and the future bowls Purdue would qualify for would be basically the music city Bowl at best with 6-7 wins.

Whereby, going to Louisville, Brohm has a very easy path to an 8-9 win season every year. and he'd have the opportunity to play in the Gator or Holiday Bowls. and with a good season, maybe the orange bowl.

if he wants to stay at Louisville, he could build a great resume with 100-150 wins in the next 20 years, with some great Bowl opportunities. an 8-9 win season would keep the alumni happy, and Louisville attracts a lot of players. it's a very easy path to success.

staying at purdue, the road to an 7 win season is going to be tough.
There won't be divisions in the Big Ten. It'll be just like basketball. Big Ten will just set a 9 game schedule that's different every year.

There won't be divisions in the Big Ten. It'll be just like basketball. Big Ten will just set a 9 game schedule that's different every year.
In that case , it will be even harder for Purdue to consistently win 7+ games. Just imagine a year with usc, ucla, mich, OSU and Penn st all on our schedule!

Yeah, let's give up the sport that pays the bills for all other sports. Makes sense...:rolleyes:
It'll still make plenty of money. Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and USC will still bring in plenty of money to spread around. Michigan and Ohio State fans will just fill up other stadiums so ticket revenue won't be a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: rezzerfly
It'll still make plenty of money. Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and USC will still bring in plenty of money to spread around. Michigan and Ohio State fans will just fill up other stadiums so ticket revenue won't be a problem.
Are you really this dumb? Or just naive? These schools stop participating in football, they cease to get that share of the revenue. You think these other schools are going to share their revenue out of the goodness of their heart?? And it wouldn't take long before the B1G replaces the schools who decide not to participate with those who will. This is big business...

Reactions: majestic9
Are you really this dumb? Or just naive? These schools stop participating in football, they cease to get that share of the revenue. You think these other schools are going to share their revenue out of the goodness of their heart?? And it wouldn't take long before the B1G replaces the schools who decide not to participate with those who will. This is big business...
Part of the deal. Plus the stupid TV the B1G is getting. They'll be fine not wasting their time losing in football.

My point was two fold. I’m sorry you did not comprehend it.

1. With usc and ucla joining the Big 10 it will be hard for Purdue to consistently win 7 games. I believe that was a factor in Brohm’s decision to leave! He has a much easier path to an 8-9 win season.

2. With the arrival of usc and ucla and the elimination of the divisions. And teams being given some random schedules, Purdue could end up with some disaster schedules!

And 3. I grew up in Wisconsin in the 60’s during their 30 game losing streak. And unlike Purdue, their fans still packed the stadium to watch the band and drink the beer! Just because a team sums doesn’t mean the fans should stop supporting the team and stop coming to the games! It disappoints me that Purdue fans only seem to want to support a winning team! I was saddened several years ago when playing Iowa at home the majority of fans wearing gold and black were Iowa fans!

And yes I’m well aware that the revenue from football pays for the other non revenue sports and staff.

Although the University of Chicago has survived after doing away with their football program!

At least you guys got to go to a B1G championship game before divisions went away right? You know that'll never happen again.
It happened when Tiller was here, prior to divisions. And it will happen again. We actually have an admin that supports football.

I can tell you one thing with certainty. It'll never happen with IU.

Yeah, but eventually some of those teams start ending up on the bottom of the pile more often than not. Even in a super conference, somebodies gotta lose. In the NFL Detroit and Cleveland have stunk for a lot of years, but chances are they could still beat OSU and Bama every one of those years.

It happened when Tiller was here, prior to divisions. And it will happen again. We actually have an admin that supports football.

I can tell you one thing with certainty. It'll never happen with IU.
Sure... Back when something like NIL didn't exist. Good luck trying to compete with Ohio State, Michigan and USC in NIL.

Yeah, but eventually some of those teams start ending up on the bottom of the pile more often than not. Even in a super conference, somebodies gotta lose. In the NFL Detroit and Cleveland have stunk for a lot of years, but chances are they could still beat OSU and Bama every one of those years.
Oh absolutely someone has to lose. Look at the ACC. We are 10 years removed from the breaking up of the Big East. Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville were good when they got to the ACC.. now look at em. And the bottom of the ACC is absolutely pathetic in basketball. It isn't exactly good in football. I wish the Big Ten would go back to 11 teams. Felt that was a good number.

Oh absolutely someone has to lose. Look at the ACC. We are 10 years removed from the breaking up of the Big East. Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville were good when they got to the ACC.. now look at em. And the bottom of the ACC is absolutely pathetic in basketball. It isn't exactly good in football. I wish the Big Ten would go back to 11 teams. Felt that was a good number.
I think Texas and Oklahoma State are starting to get a taste of that in the SEC. We'll see just how good of a deal the jump was for them in another 5 years.

Reactions: IMSKRONG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT