ADVERTISEMENT

IF Brohm Leaves

Becuase brohm is football royalty in Louisville and the amount of booster money that would pour into the program will be the highest we’ve ever seen

Friends have Heard it’s a done deal from a purdue guy so we shall see Thursday what the deal is

I'm not saying it isn't happening. What I'm saying is I think your boosters are overpaying for a coach that no other program would give that kind of money to...and you're already paying $ for past coaches. But good luck with that...it's not an endless supply of $...

Reactions: Boiler8285
Every time the new coach question comes up, everyone wants to make a splash with a big name hire (Colorado). Which, I'm in agreement with. I think the worse thing you can do is hire someone nobody has heard of, that recruits/portal guys have never heard of,
I think UW hit a home run with Fickel.
Offensive coach that can bring his staff from a successful stint somewhere.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Ok well Tressel was my choice when we hired Brohm. Obviously he’s probably not a good choice now. Tressel had success before he came to OSU. I will agree his recruiting success at OSU was due in large part due to it being OSU. I’m not sure he would have enjoyed the same recruiting success at Purdue. Compared with past Purdue coaches, and also BIG 10 coaches, Brohm is one of the top 5 recruiters. He has even improved his recruitment of o linemen!

However, you bring up a good idea! Our current team doesn’t really compete with uw, mich or OSU. Sure, we’ve pulled off a couple of upsets, But if we were to play OSU every year, our ten year record would be 2-8. And our records against mich and UW would be 0-10.

Maybe to compete against uw, we need to change our style of play and our recruiting priorities! It’s a matter of are we satisfied with going 8-4, or do we want to build a team that would actually compete for a championship? And yes, admittedly, that would require a complete change of style and personnel.
Tresses recommended hazzel.

• Angry
Reactions: RBryant311
Purdue doesn’t need to hire a WR coach as their head coach.
That's glossing over things a little. He's associate head coach and passing game coordinator. Was co-offensive coordinator at Purdue.

I think he and Hagan could stop a mass exodus of players, and both are top notch recruiters. I wouldn't be concerned about the talent level tanking like it did under Hazell. Now whether or not he can coach a game...

I'd love to keep Brian Brohm in some capacity as well, although I doubt that's possible.

I'm not a fan of assistant coach hire. I would rather have a guy that's been in charge and succeeded at a smaller program that can bring his staff than a guy that's been a great oc or DC at a big time school.
like a Malzahn

I think it is pretty unlikely that Purdue does much to sweeten Brohm's comp this time. My sense from the totality of the reporting is that the administration has basically decided that it is time for Brohm to fish or cut bait with UL, and it is not going to allow UL to be a basis for renegotiating his comp every couple of years. Especially, when UL by its own admission is unlikely to be able to offer a comp package that is on par with what Purdue is paying.
Agreed!

Why would CJB be doing in-homes today if he’s at all thinking of going to that sh*t hole / cesspool UoL?? That’s not his style.

And I’ve lived in Lville for 22 years. Complete dumpster fire school, with a ghetto sh*t hole fanbase.

All trash, all the time.
Loserville truly is an awful place.

• Haha
Reactions: Jesse82
Why would CJB be doing in-homes today if he’s at all thinking of going to that sh*t hole / cesspool UoL?? That’s not his style.

And I’ve lived in Lville for 22 years. Complete dumpster fire school, with a ghetto sh*t hole fanbase.

All trash, all the time.

Hes doing his job until he isn't. Brohm is likely gone.

Reactions: Jesse82
Hes doing his job until he isn't. Brohm is likely gone.
If he wanted to go that bad, he would have gone last time. Over the past 3 years (some with Brohms help) the tables have really flipped and Purdue is overall the more desirable job IMO.

Not saying he won’t go but he’d be taking a step down job wise at this point and that’s ultimately what keeps him here IMO.

If he wanted to go that bad, he would have gone last time. Over the past 3 years (some with Brohms help) the tables have really flipped and Purdue is overall the more desirable job IMO.

Not saying he won’t go but he’d be taking a step down job wise at this point and that’s ultimately what keeps him here IMO.
may be a step down, but will be an easier way to the 12 team playoff and easier to get recruits

I'm not a fan of assistant coach hire. I would rather have a guy that's been in charge and succeeded at a smaller program that can bring his staff than a guy that's been a great oc or DC at a big time school.
Dillingham is a star in the making and FSU's coach was a great ass't wherever he was

The Louisville job is desirable because of who it is, not because what it is. Any other job at that level and he likely says no.

maybe he's trying to use the visit to recruit for louisville. and it's the player who is lying about still wanting to come to Purdue. maybe his conversations are about the NCAA rules of decommitting and transferring.

maybe he's trying to use the visit to recruit for louisville. and it's the player who is lying about still wanting to come to Purdue. maybe his conversations are about the NCAA rules of decommitting and transferring.
I think you fell into the deep end of the pool on this one.

I think you fell into the deep end of the pool on this one.
Coaches leave every year. They talk to recruits. and the good coaches usually arrive at their new school with 5-10 players they recruited to go to their old school. Look at how many recruits Brohm brought with him to Purdue that were committed to going to WKU. and look at how many players from WKU transferred to Purdue.

Coaches go to homes all the time. I have to believe the subject was raised about what happens if coach brohm leaves Purdue. Would brohm use that visit to get that player to flip flop to Louisville? I know lane kiffin would. I know many SEC coaches would .

I no longer place coaches on a pedistal. if a coach is about to sign a deal with a new school, I have to believe he's going to reach out to the players he recruited, rather than just accept the ones his predecessor recruited.

Coaches leave every year. They talk to recruits. and the good coaches usually arrive at their new school with 5-10 players they recruited to go to their old school. Look at how many recruits Brohm brought with him to Purdue that were committed to going to WKU. and look at how many players from WKU transferred to Purdue.

Coaches go to homes all the time. I have to believe the subject was raised about what happens if coach brohm leaves Purdue. Would brohm use that visit to get that player to flip flop to Louisville? I know lane kiffin would. I know many SEC coaches would .

I no longer place coaches on a pedistal. if a coach is about to sign a deal with a new school, I have to believe he's going to reach out to the players he recruited, rather than just accept the ones his predecessor recruited.
What you said is generally true. In this instance where Brohm is at the home recruiting a player representing Purdue with Purdue attire on, it would be hard to believe he was planting seeds recruiting for Louisville.

Tresses recommended hazzel.
To be fair, Hazell in 2 years built the best team ever at Kent St coming within 1 play of the Orange Bowl at a program with 1 winning season in 24 years.

On paper, that looked great. I think his Purdue tenure completely tanking shocked everyone.

My opinion, I have not been impressed with the offense the past couple years under Brohm. This year the offense was predictable, run by Mockebee, pass to Jones. It was rather boring to watch. With numerous high level recruits at WR, I would have like to see the ball thrown their way instead to Payne and Jones.

Also Brohm has never recruited a decent RB.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
To be fair, Hazell in 2 years built the best team ever at Kent St coming within 1 play of the Orange Bowl at a program with 1 winning season in 24 years.

On paper, that looked great. I think his Purdue tenure completely tanking shocked everyone.
Uhm, no. The Haze was at Kent St for 2 years. He didn't build anything put his paycheck...

Reactions: SKYDOG and Poprudy
What about Coach Hagen taking over and retaining some existing staff?

Klieman is my dream hire. Clawson would be close. I think we need someone with P5 experience, and we need to offer them good money. I think current assistant coaches or G5 coaches is the wrong way right now.

All trash, all the time.
It's hard to go home again, what in the beginning is fun and lots of relatives, turns into no free time and lots of advice. He was the king in W.L. no distractions.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT