ADVERTISEMENT

If Brohm lands somewhere else....who would you like to see as HC?

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Where do you think Bobinski turns?

Does Brohm’s one year success open the candidate pool a little more than last year?

Is previous HC experience needed to continue forward?

Do you want to look at offensive innovators or defensive gurus?

Interested to hear your speculations if Brohm does decide to leave...although we all hope he decides to stay for 20 years, wins multiple titles, the OOB never leaves West Lafayette, and he retires as the best coach in program history and has the stadium named after him....

Sumlin, Moorhead, Kiffin would be my top three. Also throw Jason Candle in their for good measure.

Sumlin would HAVE to bring in a top notch O-Coordinator with him for him to be my choice at Purdue, IMO. If he cannot, then I would take a pass on him.

Reactions: pboiler18
Brohm isn't going anywhere after 1 year.
IMO, years 3-5 are when fans should get concerned. By then, we’ll be winning 8+ games - possibly competing for a conference title.

Even then, I don’t think he goes anywhere. Bobinski won’t f*ck it up.

Does Brohm’s one year success open the candidate pool a little more than last year?

Interested to hear your speculations if Brohm does decide to leave...although we all hope he decides to stay for 20 years, wins multiple titles, the OOB never leaves West Lafayette, and he retires as the best coach in program history and has the stadium named after him....
I don't think Brohm is going anywhere but the answer to your question is Greg Schiano.

I think you take Sumlin and take the good and bad with him. Still has family ties to the area too. Pay him what we were paying Brohm and he would come.

That said, I don't think Brohm leaves us for THAT program in orange. Their trajectory is awful. They might have less playmakers on O on the roster than we did coming into this year. That's saying a lot as most on this board know. They've also consistently recruited in the top 15 and 4-8 is what they've had to show for it.

LES MILES

Schiano's record at Rutgers:

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
(Big East Conference) (2001–2011)
2001 Rutgers 2–9 0–7 8th
2002 Rutgers 1–11 0–7 8th
2003 Rutgers 5–7 2–5 7th
2004 Rutgers 4–7 1–5 6th
2005 Rutgers 7–5 4–3 3rd L Insight
2006 Rutgers 11–2 5–2 T–2nd W Texas 12 12
2007 Rutgers 8–5 3–4 T–5th W International
2008 Rutgers 8–5 5–2 T–2nd W Papajohns.com
2009 Rutgers 9–4 3–4 T–4th W St. Petersburg
2010 Rutgers 4–8 1–6 8th
2011 Rutgers 9–4 4–3 T–4th W Pinstripe
Rutgers: 68–67 28–48

Schiano's record at Rutgers:

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
(Big East Conference) (2001–2011)
2001 Rutgers 2–9 0–7 8th
2002 Rutgers 1–11 0–7 8th
2003 Rutgers 5–7 2–5 7th
2004 Rutgers 4–7 1–5 6th
2005 Rutgers 7–5 4–3 3rd L Insight
2006 Rutgers 11–2 5–2 T–2nd W Texas 12 12
2007 Rutgers 8–5 3–4 T–5th W International
2008 Rutgers 8–5 5–2 T–2nd W Papajohns.com
2009 Rutgers 9–4 3–4 T–4th W St. Petersburg
2010 Rutgers 4–8 1–6 8th
2011 Rutgers 9–4 4–3 T–4th W Pinstripe
Rutgers: 68–67 28–48
I'm guessing after he's finished with Tennessee, he can buy an island and drink the best Bourbon in the world. I have to think this kills his chance of ever being a head coach and a P5 school. And I'm guessing UT's AD will be living in a "slightly used" double wide when it's all over.

LES MILES

This would be the worst.

Not well spoken at all. There is a reason that other teams haven't lined up to hire him since he was let go last year.

He was fired from LSU because the game had passed him by and he was unwilling to go out and hire assistants that ran a competent or modern offense. He would be an unmitigated disaster here. The luster has worn off his image so he wouldn't recruit well enough to overcome his Xs and Os deficiencies.

Would be beyond a disaster. Think Hazell results with Tiller like expectations.

Has it been confirmed he saw something? I thought it was only “might” have seen something
Several people have mentioned he likely had seen something. I say shame on all of those guys. He was around for 5-6 years at the height of the allegations. It would make sense he would know something.

Does convicting someone of a heinous crime without any reasonable standard of support bother you?
I think there is reasonable standard with 3 people saying he had seen it or said something about it. And his baggage should not allow him an opportunity to lead a major program for $5 million a year. Top assistant, fine.

Several people have mentioned he likely had seen something. I say shame on all of those guys. He was around for 5-6 years at the height of the allegations. It would make sense he would know something.

From what I've read, the only person that ever said anything about Schiano was Mike McQueary and he said he heard that from Bradley, a claim that both Bradley and Schiano deny.

If there is more than one person saying this, please enlighten me. It might honestly change my opinion. But I think it's ridiculous to convict the guy in the media, and basically ruin his career, based on 3rd-hand hearsay.

I think there is reasonable standard with 3 people saying he had seen it or said something about it. And his baggage should not allow him an opportunity to lead a major program for $5 million a year. Top assistant, fine.

Please tell me who those three people are. In the limited amount of time I spent reading up on this yesterday, it sounds like the only person who ever mentioned Schiano in regards to the Sandusky stuff was McQueary.

Reactions: ahhculdee
Has it been confirmed he saw something? I thought it was only “might” have seen something
It's actually quite tangled. Per the following link, McQueary testified Bradley had told McQueary that Schiano had told Bradley that he (Schiano) had seen Sandusky molest a boy. But both Bradley and Schiano deny this. And if it's true, McQueary himself failed to report it to the police at the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.ff600ad17f7e

Double hearsay.

Schiano is gunna get paid in a few years after a lengthy court battle.

It's actually quite tangled. Per the following link, McQueary testified Bradley had told McQueary that Schiano had told Bradley that he (Schiano) had seen Sandusky molest a boy. But both Bradley and Schiano deny this. And if it's true, McQueary himself failed to report it to the police at the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.ff600ad17f7e
Plus McQuery also claims to have seen/heard something in the shower and didn’t report on time, let alone intervene and stop. AND he won $6 million or something from PSU. Somehow.

Reactions: ahhculdee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT