ADVERTISEMENT

Idiot Drivers. Peppermint, Kava Kava, Gingseng Help please.

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Seems that my daily drive of 25 minutes has grown to 45 minutes due to construction and it is inevitable that once or twice a week, idiots wreck and really elongate the commute primarily on my way into work. Yes, I could leave earlier. No I don't want to start smoking or have a gun in my car.
What do you recommend that can help have a calming effect before I really RAGE? Today was a real example of a wreck whereby one entrance ramp to the other exit ramp was clogged with close to 5 miles of traffic. I entered and RAGE begins. I could have my smart phone activated before I begin my drive to check traffic, but moreover, want a simple crutch to handle the everyday idiots.
I feel that RAGE will turn to erratic driving or heart attack if I cannot find a real simple yet quick calm gum, tea, mint candy, etc.
Looking for a real answer to try and not a snarky remark.
Want to try to avoid a Michael Douglas Falling Down movie situation.

Reactions: eugenevdebs
Seems that my daily drive of 25 minutes has grown to 45 minutes due to construction and it is inevitable that once or twice a week, idiots wreck and really elongate the commute primarily on my way into work. Yes, I could leave earlier. No I don't want to start smoking or have a gun in my car.
What do you recommend that can help have a calming effect before I really RAGE? Today was a real example of a wreck whereby one entrance ramp to the other exit ramp was clogged with close to 5 miles of traffic. I entered and RAGE begins. I could have my smart phone activated before I begin my drive to check traffic, but moreover, want a simple crutch to handle the everyday idiots.
I feel that RAGE will turn to erratic driving or heart attack if I cannot find a real simple yet quick calm gum, tea, mint candy, etc.
Looking for a real answer to try and not a snarky remark.
Want to try to avoid a Michael Douglas Falling Down movie situation.

How often do you exercise per week?

4 days per week. 10K steps, and modest pushups, sit ups, planks, and leg lifts.

That is outstanding. Most people I talk to are missing one of the three: diet, exercise, and 8 hrs of sleep per night. I feel like if you have those 3 down, you should be good to go. Also maybe find a podcast you like to listen to while you drive to take your mind off of it?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
That is outstanding. Most people I talk to are missing one of the three: diet, exercise, and 8 hrs of sleep per night. I feel like if you have those 3 down, you should be good to go. Also maybe find a podcast you like to listen to while you drive to take your mind off of it?
Eugene, I love your avatar! I actually have a few buttons from different yrs of his . I wish I had that one!

Reactions: eugenevdebs
ADVERTISEMENT