ADVERTISEMENT

Ideas and thoughts about next year thread

No. Nothing they could REALISTICALLY be next year makes them a good pairing.

What on earth do purdue fans not understand about spacing and ball handling?!
Somewhere in my post in my post I said "today or what they could be?" That question is not difficult. Are you wanting to discuss spacing and ball handling separate or considering Trey and Caleb today...or what they could be? Or have you never improved kids or seen them improve. Do you have a number for spacing and can that differ against man or zone? I'm always willing to learn more and that is what makes forums great. Sometimes somebody says something that makes you pause and so tell me the ceiling for Trey and Caleb in one year if they pursue a goal of improving in areas. I know a guy that talked about having a bit more room against any press and that person mentioned he like spacing, but maybe he doesn't know what it is? Is there a certain space that a person doesn't go find his man to block out...or is that space dependent on the offensive player? I know I've read about it somewhere...somebody has mentioned spacing, but I don't know what it is for sure. Is spacing the gap people talk about between a screener and the person getting screened when two or three things could cause that? There was another poster that talked about spacing on defense and so it gets so confusing. Is it true that spacing is important on O and D...that's what some people are saying?

Anyway, I tried to not put a limit on what a person could do if they wanted to do it. I'm glad I'm not coaching them since I would be wasting my time thinking players could develop and now that I know I think I'll tell a coach that I know that is still coaching who continually asks Matt what things a player he has (soph) needs to improve since he values Matt's opinion, but he is wasting his time thinking players can grow their game. Matt probably already knows what the Purdue players will be like next fall since he usually makes his lineup at the first of October

We hit two wide open 3's, we win the game. Yes, we had too many turnovers but that comes with young guards and they will be better for it. Everyone is overlooking Camden Heide who the redshirt comes off next year. Renn will get more playing time, probably not with Edey in the game. Fletcher and Smith will get stronger over the off-season. Fletcher paticularly came into the season as an 18 yr old skin and bones shooter...I think by the time he got beat up throughout the big ten season...he probably lost 15 lbs that he could'nt afford to. His shooting went south I believe because he lost his legs with the loss of weight...he will be fine.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Well, since posted, Newman as many predicted has left, nothing but the best for him, he’s a Boilermaker thru and thru, probably best for all that he elected to move on. Guessing maybe we see 1 more transfer and Edey 50/50 whether he returns. Right now with 2 scholies available I’m guessing 1 portal player will be brought in, someone else or Zach leave guessing we’ll see 2. LJ Cryer would be the guy I target although it’s a long shot he’d come here, a player capable of playing 1-2 spot is a necessity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Do Dah Day
We hit two wide open 3's, we win the game. Yes, we had too many turnovers but that comes with young guards and they will be better for it. Everyone is overlooking Camden Heide who the redshirt comes off next year. Renn will get more playing time, probably not with Edey in the game. Fletcher and Smith will get stronger over the off-season. Fletcher paticularly came into the season as an 18 yr old skin and bones shooter...I think by the time he got beat up throughout the big ten season...he probably lost 15 lbs that he could'nt afford to. His shooting went south I believe because he lost his legs with the loss of weight...he will be fine.
We hit those 3s then we win a first round game against a #16
Still long way to go to a final four or championship

Hey Purdue fans - a real live honest question:

Say Edey leaves. Who do you think would be Purdue's most valuable front court piece going forward, and why?
  • TKR
  • Furst
  • Berg
  • Gillis
The answer says a lot about style of play and what hole/need could be filled without Edey.
Furst in a more versatile small ball line-up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT