ADVERTISEMENT

I thought this would crash the economy

TopSecretBoiler

All-American
Feb 4, 2011
The taxes of 522% specifically apply to Chinese-made cold-rolled flat steel, which is used in car manufacturing, shipping containers and construction. The US Commerce Department ruling comes amid heightened trade tensions between the two sides over several products, including chicken parts. US and European steel producers claim China is distorting the global market and undercutting them by dumping its excess supply abroad. The Commerce Department also levied anti-dumping duties of 71% on Japanese-made cold-rolled steel.

LOL i thought this was something only crazy donald would do? Who knew...not the economic geniuses on here.

We've all been in a pseudo trade war for years - The dumping, the negative interest rates, the import taxes and the currency devaluations are all part of it. It' s just starting to accelerate now as each country's economies become more anemic.

I personally don't expect it to end well. Another financial event like 2008 or worse is closing in on us. Watch South America, China and Malaysia. South America looks like it will be the first to show an unraveling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT