ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Herschel Walker was a valedictorian.

That doesn't prove that she said that the election was stolen. Then encouraged 2,000 idiots to go to the Capitol and force Pence the VP to break the law and not certify the 2020 election results under the US Constitution.
Do you have video of Trump encouraging people to storm the capitol? If so, I'd like to see it. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen it.
On the other hand Maxine openly encourages attacking and confronting Republicans.

Reactions: BSIT
Do you have video of Trump encouraging people to storm the capitol? If so, I'd like to see it. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen it.
On the other hand Maxine openly encourages attacking and confronting Republicans.
Just watch the Chump speech on Jan 6. You look for it yourself. That says it all.

She said to get in their face and encourage them to verbally confront them. Never encouraged any physical confrontation.

Just watch the Chump speech on Jan 6. You look for it yourself. That says it all.

She said to get in their face and encourage them to verbally confront them. Never encouraged any physical confrontation.
You brought it up, so you tell me. What did Trump say specifically? Did he say "Go storm the capitol!"

You brought it up, so you tell me. What did Trump say specifically? Did he say "Go storm the capitol!"
Dude, you've heard his speech on Jan 6 before the riot. and know what he said. Here is a quote from that speech:
“And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

Days leading to Jan 6, he begs Pence to not constitutionally do his job and not certify the 2020 election. To Pence's credit, although he had no choice, he refused to obey Chump. Chump said during that speech that is Pence does not do this, he would not be his friend anymore.

I never said that the democrats never denied election results. You failed to comprehend what I'd been saying all alone. Both party losers contested election results for decades. What both party losers, up until Jan 6, have not done is attack the US and state capitols, destroy property, beat the crap out of police, get their own crazy people killed, and more importantly try to get the election certifier, the VP to not certify.

You always want to yammer on about being "qualified" for office. Pontificate on AOC's qualifications.
I think there is very little required to be qualified as a Representative.

President and Cabinet positions are different stories.

The history of the United States is littered with citizen representatives, and that's the way it should be. AOC is a ****ing whack-job as is MGT (among probably a couple dozen other reps), but I think just about anyone is qualified to be a representative if people are willing to elect them. After all, what "qualifies" someone to represent their neighbors? That's up to the neighbors to decide, IMO.

I think the bar is higher for a Senator, and obviously as high as it can get for President, Cabinet, SCOTUS, etc.

Reactions: ecouch
It's a reasonable question.

I'm a registered R, and I lean conservative on most policy issues. So, many of Trump's policies were fine (or good) with me. Sure, there were exceptions (the 'Muslim ban' was an abomination).

But, my major, overriding, non-negotiable problem with the Trump Administration is with one guy; Trump. And that is because from a policy perspective, Trump was not a legislator, he was the Chief Executive. NO policy is worth having a lying, cheating, anti-rule of law, anti-democracy, horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE person in the White House sitting as the most powerful person in the world.

And I don't want to hear whatttttttabbbbout Hunter Biden (also clearly a horrible person), Hillary Clinton, Richard Nixon, Genghis Khan, Jill Biden, Ranger the family dog Biden, or Mother Teresa. Or anyone else.

For me? No policy victory is worth the QAnon, Proud Boy, Putin, and Duarte side-winks, the constant, constant bold-faced lying, the constant irrational trolling and insults, and the constant attempts to subvert democracy and decency.

The President is not supposed to be a pro wrestling heel, and there are plenty of (almost all) options that don't pull that extraordinarily harmful crap.

An example? In the past week, Donald Trump posted this on social media:

a graphic of donald trump wearing a Q lapel pin on his suit with the word the storm is coming displayed over the image

Nice Q lapel pin, Mr. President.

Now a question for you - in direct response to your question: Do you think that the policies of the Trump Administration were, and would continue to be worth having Donald Trump as President?
Can't recall the Muslim Ban? Was this the ban on certain countries of dubious behavior that happened to have Muslim populations? Was there a problem with Muslims following the constitution here in the USA ? I vaguely recall that topic and not sure if enough information of accuracy in vetting allowed some of them in or not?

I'm just ryting to discern if it was a ban on Muslims for being Muslims (which obviously would have to limit the movement of Muslims in the USA to be a "Muslim ban") or a parroting of the media which is quite common today. I'm not sure stating a Muslim ban is your best reason...but maybe it is? Still, I'm pretty sure you have many other reasons NOT listed. ;)

It is just as interesting seeing how you gathered Genghis Khan and Mother Teresa in the same thought? Their lifestyles were very different as were the number of offspring. Lastly, when mentioning groups that venture outside the norm you can't omit the obvious contributors to the Summer Of Love known as Antifa and BLM.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Dude, you've heard his speech on Jan 6 before the riot. and know what he said. Here is a quote from that speech:
“And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

Days leading to Jan 6, he begs Pence to not constitutionally do his job and not certify the 2020 election. To Pence's credit, although he had no choice, he refused to obey Chump. Chump said during that speech that is Pence does not do this, he would not be his friend anymore.
Trump threatened not to be Pence's friend anymore? I did not realize the gravity of the situation until now. Have they covered that in the show trial yet, or are they saving it for the grand finale the week before the midterms ?

There is nothing in what you cited about 'storming the capitol', so it looks like you are lying again - but even so, the threat about not being Pence's friend anymore is damning for Trump, so I can understand your great concern.

Can't recall the Muslim Ban? Was this the ban on certain countries of dubious behavior that happened to have Muslim populations? Was there a problem with Muslims following the constitution here in the USA ? I vaguely recall that topic and not sure if enough information of accuracy in vetting allowed some of them in or not?

I'm just ryting to discern if it was a ban on Muslims for being Muslims (which obviously would have to limit the movement of Muslims in the USA to be a "Muslim ban") or a parroting of the media which is quite common today. I'm not sure stating a Muslim ban is your best reason...but maybe it is? Still, I'm pretty sure you have many other reasons NOT listed. ;)

It is just as interesting seeing how you gathered Genghis Khan and Mother Teresa in the same thought? Their lifestyles were very different as were the number of offspring. Lastly, when mentioning groups that venture outside the norm you can't omit the obvious contributors to the Summer Of Love known as Antifa and BLM.
  1. When I cited Mother Teresa etc I was preemptively trying to prevent “whattaboutism.” Lots of bad actors in the world; I am talking about the former President-the ultimate position of power and protector of democracy.
  2. The unaltered quote from Trump? “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” Then he became President and the courts shut down that crap.
  3. The Muslim ban is down the list, which is an interesting thing to note!
  4. I fully expect there will be radical groups from either end of the spectrum like Antifa and the Proud Boys to attempt to harm our democracy. I don’t tolerate the President of the United States inspiring, motivating, and providing cover for any of them.

Reactions: tjreese

I've never watched his speech, but nothing in what you quote sounds to be like he's inciting violence. Unless you consider cheering to be an act of violence.
Now, Maxine Craze Wig Waters, on the other hand.....

An IU fan, sadly.

Btw, the so-called Muslim ban that you and @BNIBoiler found so appalling was a ban on people from specific outlaw countries, including North Korea. It did not apply only to Muslims from those countries. The intent was to keep terrorists from entering the US.

Based on what has happened in, for example, Germany and Sweden, it was yet another Trump policy that was clearly in the best interests of this nation.
do the bump, @HoosierfanJM and @tjreese

I've never watched his speech, but nothing in what you quote sounds to be like he's inciting violence. Unless you consider cheering to be an act of violence.
There is nothing Waters said to excite violence. Nobody acted on her statement either.

You must not watch the news or the Jan 6 hearings. Because you are frightened to hear the truth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
  1. Maxine Waters is batshit crazy and is dangerous, but she’s not President and therefore world’s less dangerous than Trump was.
  2. Quotes from Trump on January 6th: “We have hundreds of thousands of people here and I just want them to be recognized by the fake news media. Turn your cameras please and show what's really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer. They're not going to take it any longer.” … We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that's what this is all about.” … “You know, America is blessed with elections. All over the world they talk about our elections. You know what the world says about us now? They said, we don't have free and fair elections. And you know what else? We don't have a free and fair press. Our media is not free, it's not fair. It suppresses thought, it suppresses speech and it's become the enemy of the people. It's become the enemy of the people. It's the biggest problem we have in this country.”… “We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we've been forced to believe.” …”I read it about Bill Barr, that he's my personal attorney. That he'll do anything for me. And I said, "You know, it really is genius." Because what they do is that, and it makes it really impossible for them to ever give you a victory, because all of a sudden Bill Barr changed. If you hadn't noticed. I like Bill Barr, but he changed, because he didn't want to be considered my personal attorney.” … “You will have an illegitimate president. That's what you'll have. And we can't let that happen.” … “We won in a landslide. This was a landslide. They said it's not American to challenge the election. This the most corrupt election in the history, maybe of the world.”…”And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore. Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country.And I say this despite all that's happened. The best is yet to come. So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.”

Last edited:
I strongly encourage each of you to watch the entirety of Trump’s January 6th speech with the context of hindsight. Quotes are bad, but the full video is much more.

It is some crazy and extraordinarily chilling stuff.

1. Maxine Waters is batshit crazy and is dangerous, but she’s not President and therefore world’s less dangerous than Trump was.
  2. Quotes from Trump on January 6th: “We have hundreds of thousands of people here and I just want them to be recognized by the fake news media. Turn your cameras please and show what's really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer. They're not going to take it any longer.” … We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that's what this is all about.” … “You know, America is blessed with elections. All over the world they talk about our elections. You know what the world says about us now? They said, we don't have free and fair elections. And you know what else? We don't have a free and fair press. Our media is not free, it's not fair. It suppresses thought, it suppresses speech and it's become the enemy of the people. It's become the enemy of the people. It's the biggest problem we have in this country.”… “We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we've been forced to believe.” …”I read it about Bill Barr, that he's my personal attorney. That he'll do anything for me. And I said, "You know, it really is genius." Because what they do is that, and it makes it really impossible for them to ever give you a victory, because all of a sudden Bill Barr changed. If you hadn't noticed. I like Bill Barr, but he changed, because he didn't want to be considered my personal attorney.” … “You will have an illegitimate president. That's what you'll have. And we can't let that happen.” … “We won in a landslide. This was a landslide. They said it's not American to challenge the election. This the most corrupt election in the history, maybe of the world.”…”And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore. Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country.And I say this despite all that's happened. The best is yet to come. So we're going to, we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.”
Did you leave out the part about "marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" by accident, or on purpose?

• Haha
Reactions: bonefish1 and BSIT
I never said that the democrats never denied election results. You failed to comprehend what I'd been saying all alone. Both party losers contested election results for decades. What both party losers, up until Jan 6, have not done is attack the US and state capitols, destroy property, beat the crap out of police, get their own crazy people killed, and more importantly try to get the election certifier, the VP to not certify.
Oops

I strongly encourage each of you to watch the entirety of Trump’s January 6th speech with the context of hindsight. Quotes are bad, but the full video is much more.

It is some crazy and extraordinarily chilling stuff.
Especially where he threatened to not be Pence's friend anymore. Extraordinarily chilling.

• Haha
Did you leave out the part about "marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" by accident, or on purpose?
Like I said—you should definitely watch the whole thing. He had that marching peacefully line in there in the middle of some very incendiary stuff.

He has stuff in there about how Georgia’s voting machines have a 93% inaccuracy rate and all kinds of crazy stuff that would make the pillow man blush.

If you watch the whole thing or at least read the whole transcript you will see and I believe will agree with me.

Like I said—you should definitely watch the whole thing. He had that marching peacefully line in there in the middle of some very incendiary stuff.

He has stuff in there about how Georgia’s voting machines have a 93% inaccuracy rate and all kinds of crazy stuff that would make the pillow man blush.

If you watch the whole thing or at least read the whole transcript you will see and I believe will agree with me.
When he wasn't telling people to march peacefully, did he specifically incite violence? I don't see it.

Reactions: bonefish1
Maxine Waters told 2,000 people to do what….?
I was responding to your last statement in your post pointing out she was guilty of the same thing you accused Trump of:

“ and more importantly try to get the election certifier, the VP to not certify.”

Interesting that in “Peril” Woodward credits Quayle with standing firm and telling Pence that there is no way he can not certify the results. He makes it sound like Quayle, unlikely as it might seem, by standing firm, saved democracy and should be treated as a hero.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Interesting that in “Peril” Woodward credits Quayle with standing firm and telling Pence that there is no way he can not certify the results. He makes it sound like Quayle, unlikely as it might seem, by standing firm, saved democracy and should be treated as a hero.
Quayle made Pence realize he could live without Trump's friendship?

I bet Harris is Quayle's favorite all-time VP, for obvious reasons.

I feel like you are far more concerned with “responding” than understanding.
I asked you above if Trump specifically incited violence on Jan. 6. That is a quest for understanding, since I don't see that he did in anything he said.

No they won’t.
He said peacefully once. All that matters.
He said fight 20 times. Irrelevant.

Trump has to actually tell them to go to the Capitol, bear police officers, and break in…….or it doesn’t count.
Like a president would actually instruct citizens to commit violence.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
At
I asked you above if Trump specifically incited violence on Jan. 6. That is a quest for understanding, since I don't see that he did in anything he said.
You don’t ‘post to respond instead of understand’ during any particular occasion. It’s pretty much always. When you ask a question it’s largely to elicit a response so that you can respond, not understand.

It’s too bad because you’re a good, personable writer.

Anyway, I recommend that all of you watch Trump’s Jan 6th speech instead of asking other posters about particular lines from it.

For me it makes the hairs on the back of American democracy’s neck stand up in alarm.

Here’s a link:

Last edited:
At

You don’t just post to respond instead of understand with any particular response. It’s pretty much always. When you ask a question it’s largely to elicit a response so that you can respond, not understand.

It’s too bad because you’re a good, personable writer.

Anyway, I recommend that all of you watch Trump’s Jan 6th speech instead of asking other posters about particular lines from it.

For me it makes the hairs on the back of American democracy’s neck stand up in alarm.

Here’s a link:

These ne’er do wells on this forum ain’t going watch this video.

Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT