ADVERTISEMENT

I see good things for the womens BB team in the next few years!!!!

Really gonna be hard to replace what Moses gave us.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by KidsDoc:

That is all folks.
We need some outside scoring threats but we could be good if it happens. We have some potentials in returning and new players but off season work is always needed. The conference will be stronger next year with the additions.

Hopefully we will not have to rely on 5-6 guards so much in the future.

Originally posted by GemstateBoiler:

That is all folks.
We need some outside scoring threats but we could be good if it happens. We have some potentials in returning and new players but off season work is always needed. The conference will be stronger next year with the additions.
I suspect Hayden Hamby will be every bit as dangerous an outside shooter as CMo. SHe certainly carries the credentials to be a deadly shooter along the same lines. We may see our opponents wondering where the heck she came from next year.

cool.r191677.gif

I have been thinking that Hayden Hamby could end up being a little bit like Beth Jones, whose contribution to the team was relatively small during her first two years, but very significant during her final two years.
This post was edited on 3/28 12:38 PM by oldgoldandblack

Originally posted by mathboy:

Originally posted by GemstateBoiler:

That is all folks.
I suspect Hayden Hamby will be every bit as dangerous an outside shooter as CMo. SHe certainly carries the credentials to be a deadly shooter along the same lines. We may see our opponents wondering where the heck she came from next year.

cool.r191677.gif
Seems like her confidence grew a lot during the year. If she is given the okay to put it up without worrying about it, she could end up being what we need. Heck she was over a 90% FT shooter in high school and I like that on the court at the end of the game. I think Miss Wilson, with some off-season work, could end up being a consistent outside shooter also. Some underclassmen players are relunctant to shoot when you have good, seasoned shooters on the court with them. When those players graduate, they take on a different mindset.

I'm happy that Hamby became a contributor this year but asking her to take the leap from sporadic contributor to be the consistent threat Moses was is a gigantic step. We are talking about someone that averaged less than 2 ppg last season replacing one of the best players in program history. Hopefully with increased opportunity she, or whoever takes those minutes, can just focus on the things she can do well and fill some of that void and not try be Courtney Moses II.

Originally posted by TC4THREE:

I'm happy that Hamby became a contributor this year but asking her to take the leap from sporadic contributor to be the consistent threat Moses was is a gigantic step. We are talking about someone that averaged less than 2 ppg last season replacing one of the best players in program history. Hopefully with increased opportunity she, or whoever takes those minutes, can just focus on the things she can do well and fill some of that void and not try be Courtney Moses II.
Hamby has every bit of the high school credentials that CMo had. She has to get time on the court to prove she can translate that scoring touch from high school into college. I see no reason she could not be every bit the shooter.

When you play behind someone like Moses, getting that court time is tough. It is reasonable to assume that senior-Cmo was better than sophomore-Cmo. The fact that senior-CMo is better than Sophomore-Hamby also makes sense. Further CMo was rarely out of any game, so our ability to see Hamby play has been limited. She might be really killing it in practice. We just don't know.

cool.r191677.gif

I have liked Hamby from the jump and thought she would translate into a very serviceable player...but while she has some similarities, there are also differences. She doesn't have the same foot speed and will have a more difficult time moving against a quick defender to free herself for a shot. She appears to be similar size and a gym rat...and of course can score, but I'm not sure she is 1st team BIG good.

ADVERTISEMENT