ADVERTISEMENT

I really love Kiero Small

I also love how much better we've marketed both the football and basketball programs over the years. I know Brohm was the furthest thing from a social media guy, but it seems like Walters and some of his staff will provide value in that department. Doesn't necessarily translate to wins, but its hard to think it won't impact recruiting positively.

I also love how much better we've marketed both the football and basketball programs over the years. I know Brohm was the furthest thing from a social media guy, but it seems like Walters and some of his staff will provide value in that department. Doesn't necessarily translate to wins, but its hard to think it won't impact recruiting positively.
Absolutely! Especially in this day in age, social media is a HUGE marketing tool for coaches and schools so you might as well use it! You wouldn’t see it much with Brohms staff but I do got to say the schools marketing design team has really stepped their game up over the past few years. I like how active the young staff is so hopefully it can translate on to the field for success!

I know a lot of people on this board were highly disappointed by Walters as the new appointed coach.....just by reading the posts!!!! But I think he has done a hell of a job assembling a great young staff that not only will be able to recruit well, but be able to coach these kids up with ability and attitude! Just my thinking of course.....but I think the future is much brighter under Walters than would have been with Brohm! I think with his personality.....we will see a team with some serious SWAG come this season!

I know a lot of people on this board were highly disappointed by Walters as the new appointed coach.....just by reading the posts!!!! But I think he has done a hell of a job assembling a great young staff that not only will be able to recruit well, but be able to coach these kids up with ability and attitude! Just my thinking of course.....but I think the future is much brighter under Walters than would have been with Brohm! I think with his personality.....we will see a team with some serious SWAG come this season!
Couldn't agree more.

When Walters was first hired, I was like oh no we settled. However, its likely Walters blew them away in the interview.

And now Walters, to me, seems like was the best choice all along. Staff looks awesome. Walters and Co are hitting the recruiting trail hard and are on some huge natioanl recruits and it appears they already have established Chicago, St. Louis, and Indiana as priorities. Additionally, they kept all our best players sans maybe the 6 year guys which I was not counting on regardless.

Call me overly optimistic, but I think Walters is going to do what he says and that's elevate the program.

I was one of the posters who was less than enthused with the Walters hiring. I haven't been exactly estatic over his portal recruiting either. But I will admit I like the assistant coaches he has hired. and they say, it's the assistant coaches that recruit and develop the players.

Purdue’s social media department does an outstanding job with all sports.

Reactions: Purdue80
ADVERTISEMENT