ADVERTISEMENT

I realize I'm 2 weeks late, but was Minnesota's 1st TD a catch vs. you guys?

Feb 27, 2009

You can go to the 2:10 mark to see the slow mo replay. This was not a catch and its pretty pathetic that it wasn't reviewed.

Here is what I don’t get. Why isn’t every scoring play reviewed for accuracy. I dislike reviews in general, but if you are going to review 1, then review them all 100%

Reactions: Cornicator
These B1G refs brought to you by the law firm of Dewey, Screwem & Howe.

Cocktail reception sponsor - Flaggum, Quick, and Hyde.

PeliniMad.gif

• Haha
Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I thought I noticed it real time the ball came out. Definitely a shame we didn’t review and that this was missed by review officials in the booth. God knows they’d stop and review anything 50/50 in our favor.

I seem to recall that in the past, coaches would ask the conference to review certain calls [or no-calls] after games, and you would see from time to time that the officials would agree after the fact that a situation was handled incorrectly, or provide some further explanation as to why it was handled correctly. Nothing on this one.

I'd love to know, maybe the replay booth did take a quick look and feel like the WR had done enough between the ball hitting his hands and crossing the goal line. Perhaps the whole "going to the ground" thing does not apply here. Why can't they explain the situation so we can all move on, and perhaps be more educated the next time it inevitably comes around?

Reactions: Inspector100
I seem to recall that in the past, coaches would ask the conference to review certain calls [or no-calls] after games, and you would see from time to time that the officials would agree after the fact that a situation was handled incorrectly, or provide some further explanation as to why it was handled correctly. Nothing on this one.

I'd love to know, maybe the replay booth did take a quick look and feel like the WR had done enough between the ball hitting his hands and crossing the goal line. Perhaps the whole "going to the ground" thing does not apply here. Why can't they explain the situation so we can all move on, and perhaps be more educated the next time it inevitably comes around?

"Going to the ground" also applies to the goal line/end zone.

I thought I noticed it real time the ball came out. Definitely a shame we didn’t review and that this was missed by review officials in the booth. God knows they’d stop and review anything 50/50 in our favor.
Like the TD catch in the Mizzou game.

Reactions: pboiler18

We don't know that Purdue didn't go to the B1G for a follow-up. But even if they came back and said, "Yeah, it looks like he never caught the ball. Gee, sorry," what good does it really do Purdue now.

It was 100% not a catch from that replay. So 100% it wasn't reviewed and it should have been. Since replay came into effect we've been told that the booth looks at every play. BS.

Well that probably wasn't a catch, but I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn that ruling
You’re wrong. It wasn’t a catch. There were two TV views of that play showing he did not have control of the ball all the way to the ground.

You’re wrong. It wasn’t a catch. There were two TV views of that play showing he did not have control of the ball all the way to the ground.

I was talking about the Missouri game catch. His name escapes me, Jared something? Was a QB turned WR and had a problem with catching the ball.

That "catch" in the Minnesota game was clearly not one.

They “missed it” lol

I was talking about the Missouri game catch. His name escapes me, Jared something? Was a QB turned WR and had a problem with catching the ball.

Go to approximately 23:35 for the start of the play in question.

Sparks…

That was the guy where 2.5-3 years into him playing for Purdue, a bunch of people who followed his recruiting declared that he would be really good, and had been declaring that for the previous few years… despite the fact that his production was very AT Simpson/Donald Winston Esque.

then when you’d ask those people .. on what rationale are you saying he will be really good, it became obvious that the shortened version of their answer was “because I followed his recruiting so F off.”

the fact that Jared sparks was mic’d at a practice and seniors Isaac Zico and Terry Wright weren’t .. was a friggin embarrassment

Jared sparks was mic’d but this guy wasn’t lmao

I’d argue this was the play of the game because this ridiculous catch made by a guy who wanted to be a playmaker.. made the team feel like they could go toe to toe with the suck eyes

Jared sparks was mic’d but this guy wasn’t lmao

I’d argue this was the play of the game because this ridiculous catch made by a guy who wanted to be a playmaker.. made the team feel like they could go toe to toe with the suck eyes

Interesting point and that was a ridiculous catch.... lit the fire.....hard to top Mr. Moore, though, IMHO.

giphy.gif

Sparks…

That was the guy where 2.5-3 years into him playing for Purdue, a bunch of people who followed his recruiting declared that he would be really good, and had been declaring that for the previous few years… despite the fact that his production was very AT Simpson/Donald Winston Esque.

then when you’d ask those people .. on what rationale are you saying he will be really good, it became obvious that the shortened version of their answer was “because I followed his recruiting so F off.”

the fact that Jared sparks was mic’d at a practice and seniors Isaac Zico and Terry Wright weren’t .. was a friggin embarrassment
Jeez did he pee in your Cheerios? Who gives a F who was mic'd up at practice?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT