ADVERTISEMENT

I only rolled over some headlines below

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
But a couple of things stood out.

In one post below someone was complaining that we didn't throw the ball when we were down on the 2 yard line. Because after all, we are a passing team.

In another post below someone else was complaining that we didn't run the ball up the middle when we were down on the 2 yard line.

When plays don't work, it doesn't always mean they were poor play calls. They just didn't work because of execution or the defense stepped up.

Remember that we thwarted a Wisconsin 1st and Goal on the 2 as well.

We couldn't stop the run. That's what it boiled down to. I'll let Nick Holt lead my team into battle every day but his guys didn't get it done.

Compared to Whisky`s OL... our D-Line was the MAC Team that wore down in that 4th Qtr pure and simple and no coach can stop that...
Give Holt the players before you run him out of town.....

Agree. It's pretty clear to me what the problem is - we don't have the horses or depth on defense.

We gave up 44 points to Wisconsin in the 2nd half / OT. They gained 385 yds rushing.

We gave up 28 points in the second half to Minnesota. They gained 265 yds on the ground.

Neal is a decent player but he is not getting much help and is getting worn out.

Agree. It's pretty clear to me what the problem is - we don't have the horses or depth on defense.

We gave up 44 points to Wisconsin in the 2nd half / OT. They gained 385 yds rushing.

We gave up 28 points in the second half to Minnesota. They gained 265 yds on the ground.

Neal is a decent player but he is not getting much help and is getting worn out.
We gave up 24 points in the second half. It was 27-27 going into OT and we led 10-3 at the half.

The one play that summed it up was deep into the fourth quarter. The Whisky RB came through the middle and he had a fair-sized Purdue player (safety or linebacker) who had him completely by the waist and both feet firmly planted. The RB dragged him for 4 or five yards until help arrived to bring him down. It was on the craziest things I've seen, like something you'd see in a cartoon. The D is working with a patchwork quilt of freshmen, redshirt freshmen, walk ons and guys with a lot of heart but minimal talent. The fact we've gotten 5 wins is pretty amazing.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Not all on the D-Line....LB play has been pathetic down the stretch also.....
I was going to post the same, on Taylor's long TD run ( right after a 20 min. rest) the outside LB didn;t stay in his gap and went inside and created a big lane to run thru.

Reactions: SKYDOG

Neal`s Snap count is over the top but what choice does Holt have........

I've been surprised at times this year when Neal stays in the game on obvious passing situations. I understand he's the best on the DL no matter what, but I would think those would be good times to sub him out for the nickel-back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT