ADVERTISEMENT

I hope all long-time PU WBB fans here have listened to Courtney Delks/Moses- interview with KG

It is at the Purduesports.com website (https://purduesports.com/sports/womens-basketball). Nothing earthshaking but they talk about the Curry/early Versyp era with warmth and love. I enjoyed it a lot.

And "No" DavidBoiler, there are no deep probing or critical-of-Versyp questions so you may as well skip it.
So why is it a great interview if there are no deep probing questions? She has been handled with kid gloves as this whole program has been for a few years now because there are no media types covering this team anymore. No one cares about the program in the local media because they've been so mediocre...that's a huge aspect of this that I hope changes.. that people start caring about this program again, that fans start caring and going to games and that the media starts reporting on them again and caring...and with that comes scrutiny.. and scrutiny and probing questions would be a great change, because that means people are excited and care about the program again. In the meantime we get fluff and nothing newsworthy...and no one in the media really cares enough to want to give us real information about this team. It's really very sad! Hope it changes.

Thanks for posting here. Don't think I otherwise would've seen it.

So why is it a great interview if there are no deep probing questions? She has been handled with kid gloves as this whole program has been for a few years now because there are no media types covering this team anymore. No one cares about the program in the local media because they've been so mediocre...that's a huge aspect of this that I hope changes.. that people start caring about this program again, that fans start caring and going to games and that the media starts reporting on them again and caring...and with that comes scrutiny.. and scrutiny and probing questions would be a great change, because that means people are excited and care about the program again. In the meantime we get fluff and nothing newsworthy...and no one in the media really cares enough to want to give us real information about this team. It's really very sad! Hope it changes.
Acerbic critic vs. fan who takes pleasure in our teams despite its failures. Sigh.

Reactions: TC4THREE
fan who takes pleasure in our teams despite its failures.
Methinks that is the only choice we've got now or stop following. I always give new coaches a long rope. Even did with Hazell. Really hoping for Katie to do well. Many on this board defended Versyp, including me, for a long time until it became truly apparent that a change was needed. Pretty normal response.

Reactions: mathboy and DocRon
Methinks that is the only choice we've got now or stop following. I always give new coaches a long rope. Even did with Hazell. Really hoping for Katie to do well. Many on this board defended Versyp, including me, for a long time until it became truly apparent that a change was needed. Pretty normal response.
Some of us continued to hope for the best and will continue to do so. Not sure when the default reaction of a fan became to pout like a toddler when things don't go as well as they want.

Reactions: DocRon
Katie Gearlds played her best season her senior year when Sharon coached her and I was really optimistic about Sharon as a coach based on the chemistry between those two!

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT