ADVERTISEMENT

I have to admit, I'm more than just a little annoyed.

Purdue85

All-American
Aug 24, 2001
Wherever my wife tells me I should be
Just watched Brownsburg pull out an OT win against a talented St. X team from Cincinnati. On ESPN2. A national game. On a Saturday night. They're now showing North Dakota High School football.

While I enjoy watching these high school games, I'm wondering how the h*ll these high schools have this all figured out, but the B1G, one of the premier P5 academic conferences in the nation, in all it's infinite wisdom, cannot figure out how to play games.

It's amazing.

Apparently, according to some here, these high schools are all about the money, don't care about academics, or the health of the athletes, or ... or ... or ...

It makes ZERO sense.

Just watched Brownsburg pull out an OT win against a talented St. X team from Cincinnati. On ESPN2. A national game. On a Saturday night. They're now showing North Dakota High School football.

While I enjoy watching these high school games, I'm wondering how the h*ll these high schools have this all figured out, but the B1G, one of the premier P5 academic conferences in the nation, in all it's infinite wisdom, cannot figure out how to play games.

It's amazing.

Apparently, according to some here, these high schools are all about the money, don't care about academics, or the health of the athletes, or ... or ... or ...

It makes ZERO sense.
And if you turn ESPN on now you can watch FCS Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas playing with limited fans in the stands. This whole thing with the big ten really is asinine and we’re seeing them walk it back to where, who knows, maybe they start even before Thanksgiving now

The thing I can’t reconcile is why Daniels, who is such a good advocate for starting the Purdue academic school year with all the protocols to keep 40k students safe, apparently thought guys playing football was too logistically difficult.

It's amazing.

It makes ZERO sense.
I went to the Hobart game last night. Had to buy the tickets online through an app as they don’t want to handle money at the ticket gate I was told. Once in, I went to the concession stand and purchased refreshments with cash. At least they played the game, but these decisions they make are questionable.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I’ve been to 2 Highland girls soccer games using a season pass I bought online thru Ticket Spicket, but Highland also allows cash purchases of single game tickets at the gate. The number of tickets is capped at 250 per the Lake County Dept. of Health. So far the crowd has been good about 6’ distancing and wearing masks. Fans are restricted to family pods of 6 or less using every other bleacher row. Fans are also allowed to bring lawn chairs and sit in the grass at one end of the field. Spectators are expected to remain in their seats unless going to the concession stand or the rest room. Players are not allowed to enter the stands to meet their parents. 3 of Highland’s 15 scheduled opponents have already cancelled. Should add that although Highland sports teams are currently playing, classes are e-learning for the first 9 weeks of the fall semester.

Last edited:

It's amazing.

It makes ZERO sense.
How are the football players any safer being on campus, in classes, in dorms, etc but not under the supervision of the football staff?

I realize all of the “experts” who post on here in sight to anyone that is frustrated about the B10 play football this year somehow anyone who is frustrated “has no life because their world must center around football”.

perhaps that person themselves has no life? Because there needs to be a level of frustration if you have any common sense in any regard for your fellow man. I mean seriously the president is accused of massive unemployment? Or how about the universities who voted for no football be accused of massive unemployment? Let’s do the math, isn’t it simple math? The president is saying “let’s play footballB10”, NOW!

How many jobs are lost when there is no football played? Isn’t that where unemployment comes from? The loss of jobs due to some thing not occurring? Highly doubt it’s the presidents fault but that’s the easy thing to say when you take the chickenshit way out of things. I will always come back to CTE when it relates to any college sport not being played.

Mainly because it’s in arguable and “Poster” on here always wants to say “if we play football there will be lawsuits there will be people who get sick someone will die”. Someone will die? Why, from what? Of course someone will die it’s a medical fact, everyone will die. From playing football they will die more commonly from CTE than any other 1 thing based on medical science.

so if you’re not going to stop the game because of CTE then why stop game for this?

The thing I can’t reconcile is why Daniels, who is such a good advocate for starting the Purdue academic school year with all the protocols to keep 40k students safe, apparently thought guys playing football was too logistically difficult.

The answer is simple.President Trump wanted football to be played to give the country something to look forward to. Academia said no.

I went to the Hobart game last night. Had to buy the tickets online through an app as they don’t want to handle money at the ticket gate I was told. Once in, I went to the concession stand and purchased refreshments with cash. At least they played the game, but these decisions they make are questionable.

Yes and no with the cash issue at the gate. Most schools around me are doing online ticket sales to manage attendance. It is easier to manage numbers when you know how many tickets have been sold online. Cutting down on handling cash is just an added benefit.

Most schools aren't set up to accept cards in person so concession sales still involve cash.

Our school has asked that we pay online or send checks for lunch deposits (checks are collected in class and taken to the cafeteria) instead of sending cash. Helps keep the line moving and cuts down on a point of contact. Of course they will still accept cash.

1000 cases in Alabama. Very high rate in Iowa. Still over 1,000 people dying of Covid a day. I am annoyed not to have sports and football too.

Proceeding with caution at some levels isn’t a bad thing. The question of... what is the right amount? Everyone had their own opinion.

Some of My local high school teams have had to shut it down for 2 weeks because of positive tests.

It would be interesting to know how many of those patients doctors were using convalescent plasma and or anything else that is proving effective

it would also be important to know how many of those supposed “COVID-19 deaths“ are actually due to coronavirus. As well as the age ranges. So far the lines at raising Cane‘s chicken, Popeyes chicken and Chick-fil-A here in Ohio touring lunchtime and dinner time still go out to the road side.

so the number one killer in America is actually getting worse not better and there’s no legislation to change that. Oh that’s right, adults have choices or wait do we? Seems to be mixed depending upon the political climate in that particular area

It's amazing.

It makes ZERO sense.
I predict there are more deaths in the conferences that aren’t playing football than in the ones that are:

Yes and no with the cash issue at the gate. Most schools around me are doing online ticket sales to manage attendance. It is easier to manage numbers when you know how many tickets have been sold online. Cutting down on handling cash is just an added benefit.

Most schools aren't set up to accept cards in person so concession sales still involve cash.

Our school has asked that we pay online or send checks for lunch deposits (checks are collected in class and taken to the cafeteria) instead of sending cash. Helps keep the line moving and cuts down on a point of contact. Of course they will still accept cash.
I guess online ticket purchase could be easier to manage. There was still people close together at the gate when handing the phones to the gate keeper accessing the tickets to get in. I just don’t think it’s that hard to count out X amount of paper tickets to be sold at the gate.

Curious to what school you are affiliated with?

I guess online ticket purchase could be easier to manage.

It is much easier to manage and cuts down on people camping out at the gate trying to get a ticket. It also allows better management of ticket allocation. Locally they open up online sales in stages to insure parents get access to tickets before the general public.

I just don’t think it’s that hard to count out X amount of paper tickets to be sold at the gate.

It isn't, but again, much easier to manage the crowd and stay compliant with health department regulations when using online sales. They should use multiple gates to let in pre-purchased tickets and manage walk-up sales at one gate.

Curious to what school you are affiliated with?

My kids attend a 4A (football) school in east central Indiana. They are going full onsite in grades K-8 and split population hybrid in grades 9-12.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG
1000 cases in Alabama. Very high rate in Iowa. Still over 1,000 people dying of Covid a day. I am annoyed not to have sports and football too.

Proceeding with caution at some levels isn’t a bad thing. The question of... what is the right amount? Everyone had their own opinion.

Some of My local high school teams have had to shut it down for 2 weeks because of positive tests.

I am not "annoyed" at no sports or football. I am annoyed with the (seemingly) poor leadership, highly questionable decision-making, and even poorer communication.

The idea that we must shut everything down to arrive at an acceptable level of caution is ... well ... really absurd.

"Cases" means nothing more than positive tests. Positive tests are not a problem. At-risk people who are symptomatic and testing positive is a problem. I read the other day (I haven't 'sourced' it) that only 6% of all COVID deaths were COVID only. The remaining had other risk factors.

It's reasonable to believe this virus will be around for some time. As a society, we must begin to get back to normal very soon. To continue to make it up as we go along is simply unacceptable and irresponsible.

I will always come back to CTE when it relates to any college sport not being played.

2021 uniforms

BubbleBall-MD.jpg

Did you read the article just released by the CDC? 6%

Reactions: goboilers2
It wasn’t anything new. People with conditions are dying with Covid. They’ve been saying that all along. Elderly and people with pre-existing condition. They still count right?

It wasn’t anything new. People with conditions are dying with Covid. They’ve been saying that all along. Elderly and people with pre-existing condition. They still count right?

Not sure what you mean with "they still count right?"

If you're asking if "they still count" in the number of COVID deaths, that's the part nobody knows. Did they did with COVID, or from COVID? There's a world of difference.

If they died with (but not from) COVID, and their deaths are being used in a conscious effort to manipulate a COVID death count, heads should roll.

Unfortunately, judging by some of the posts on this topic, it seems as if there are some here who would be perfectly fine with fraudulent data, if it supports their narrative.

Not to mention the number of people with underlying conditions in this country is not exactly small. 40% of adults in this country have one that makes them more vulnerable to COVID-19. This includes a significant number of football players (i.e. linemen). Then add in myocarditis which many football players have already have developed after contracting COVID.

Not sure what you mean with "they still count right?"

If you're asking if "they still count" in the number of COVID deaths, that's the part nobody knows. Did they did with COVID, or from COVID? There's a world of difference.

If they died with (but not from) COVID, and their deaths are being used in a conscious effort to manipulate a COVID death count, heads should roll.

Unfortunately, judging by some of the posts on this topic, it seems as if there are some here who would be perfectly fine with fraudulent data, if it supports their narrative.

Anyone versed in basic medicine can understand that this "report" that people in this thread decided to run with about 6% is completely not what that means. Underlying conditions make you more susceptible to things like COVID. They don't list "obese" on a death certificate as a cause of death.

Underlying conditions are not a rarity - 40% of American adults have at least one. And it's ben stated very clearly since March that those with them are most at risk.

Anyone versed in basic medicine can understand that this "report" that people in this thread decided to run with about 6% is completely not what that means. Underlying conditions make you more susceptible to things like COVID. They don't list "obese" on a death certificate as a cause of death.

Underlying conditions are not a rarity - 40% of American adults have at least one. And it's ben stated very clearly since March that those with them are most at risk.

None of what you wrote changes anything.

Yes, everybody understands what the 6% means. If you don't have other comorbidity factors, you're very likely to survive. Pretty much what I (and others) have been saying for months (while being on the receiving end of petty little retorts).

Underlying conditions make you more susceptible to everything, including influenza, the common cold, and many other ailments.

No, they don't list "obesity" as a cause of death. We all know that's not the discussion. When people are dying with COVID, and they have 2-3 other impairments (a very high percentage of fatalities), it's not as simple as writing "COVID" on a death certificate. Sometimes, they died with it, not from it.

How many college football players have existing conditions?? Another peg in the “how stupid is Kevin Warren “ board

about 70% of men over age 70, have some cancerous cells in their prostate gland. Does that mean that if you fall into that 70% population and pass away with cancerous cells in your prostate, that you died of prostate cancer?

Reactions: goboilers2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT