ADVERTISEMENT

I guess our season in review will be at least we are not IU?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
We had our most favorable schedule in years. We had momentum of a 9 win season last year. We had a 6 year senior QB. We finally broke the row man curse, and we just seem like a team that doesn’t care right now. What has happened? Are there team chemistry/locker room issues? Our defense cannot tackle or rush the QB, so our horrible secondary just get exposed. AOC has went from a QB that spread the wealth and did not beat himself to a QB that can only see 1 WR and makes poor decisions that lead to stupid INTs.

I guess our season review is that at least we are not IU? Sure, IU is probably the worst BT team in the league, but we are not much better. I think we go bowling, because we beat IU. However, Pinstripe or Music City Bowl here we come I guess

Is this the best that we get from Brohm? I hope English gets canned as soon as this season is over and I hope this Boilermaker Alliance comes through, because we need a serious talent upgrade.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
We had our most favorable schedule in years. We had momentum of a 9 win season last year. We had a 6 year senior QB. We finally broke the row man curse, and we just seem like a team that doesn’t care right now. What has happened? Are there team chemistry/locker room issues? Our defense cannot tackle or rush the QB, so our horrible secondary just get exposed. AOC has went from a QB that spread the wealth and did not beat himself to a QB that can only see 1 WR and makes poor decisions that lead to stupid INTs.

I guess our season review is that at least we are not IU? Sure, IU is probably the worst BT team in the league, but we are not much better. I think we go bowling, because we beat IU. However, Pinstripe or Music City Bowl here we come I guess

Is this the best that we get from Brohm? I hope English gets canned as soon as this season is over and I hope this Boilermaker Alliance comes through, because we need a serious talent upgrade.

We won't be going to a Music City Bowl. It's likely be Pinstripe or Quick Lane (Motor City Bowl). I'd rather Purdue stay home then go to either...especially if it's a 6 or 7 win season...

We won't be going to a Music City Bowl. It's likely be Pinstripe or Quick Lane (Motor City Bowl). I'd rather Purdue stay home then go to either...especially if it's a 6 or 7 win season...
I would normally disagree. The team can use the extra practices. But I wonder if that practice time could be better used by the coaching staff to go out and recruit, especially the portal.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Yesterday was probably the worst display of football on both sides of the ball, that I have seen since Hazel. How do we come out of a bye week, knowing a good bowl game is in sight, and lay an egg?

At this point, I am wondering if we go into the IU game at 5-6, hoping for Pizza Bowl eligibility. Northwestern proved they can run against O$U. We proved we cant stop the run against Iowa.

Illinois is going to come out of the gates mad, with something to prove after the lost to the thug team.

It's definitely been a roller coaster so far to me. There are still three games left. Right now, I guess the best win is @ Minnesota. Purdue has some players, but they just don't have the margin for error and lack the depth to overcome some of the adversity that comes along in a season.

As others have posted, it's also hard to get a handle on the team's identity.....what they can hang their hat on.....in the big moments.

I'm guessing a 7-5 finish, which is a winning season......depends upon your perspective but definitely a lost opportunity if they don't win next week as the schedule lined up pretty well this year. No question, the last two games give reason to pause - beaten soundly and not up to the task in a physical match-up.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1

I wonder if the supposed lockeroom issues may be w/ the wr's. Having played team sports in the distant past, I could see a group of guys putting in the time practicing then game time comes around and one guy gets most of the targets and he's a recent addition to boot.

This season is just another reminder to manage expectations

BgQBqly.gif

I have to disagree. IU is not "probably" the worst team in the B10. IU "is" the worst team in the B10 (and it's not even close). Sadly, the label "high school coach" is proving to be accurate.

Maybe Purdue will hire Allen as the DC - win/win? :)

Reactions: pboiler18
Seems like Brohm heading south to Louisville rumors started to heat up about the same time we headed south.

Which is why I find it funny him talking about players needing to buy in or move on when he has been in that boat since he got here.

I know I am tired of it and ready for him to move on since he will not commit to being here himself.

I have to disagree. IU is not "probably" the worst team in the B10. IU "is" the worst team in the B10 (and it's not even close). Sadly, the label "high school coach" is proving to be accurate.

Maybe Purdue will hire Allen as the DC - win/win? :)
There's no winning in hiring Allen for anything other than a Pee Wee league football coach. I wouldn't subject high school players to his incompetence...

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT