ADVERTISEMENT

I can't get myself to dislike Michigan.....

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Was over on the UM forum (mgoblog or something like that) reading up on fan posts, and I gotta say, it's hard to develop much ill will against their fan base, at least the posters over there. This is obviously a refreshing contrast to dealing with the hillbilies, dipshits and inbreds from Bloomington. But the UM fans are knowledgeable, well versed on Purdue, etc. Additionally, apparently a lot of UM fans made $16 contributions to the Boilermaker Alliance in honor of Aiden's brother/family. That's solid.

Now granted, I still want to beat them, but unlike when we play iu where I want to demoralize and embarrass them by 50+, I'd be happy to walk out of LOS with a boring 21-20 victory over UM (OK....I'd be more than happy).

Was over on the UM forum (mgoblog or something like that) reading up on fan posts, and I gotta say, it's hard to develop much ill will against their fan base, at least the posters over there. This is obviously a refreshing contrast to dealing with the hillbilies, dipshits and inbreds from Bloomington. But the UM fans are knowledgeable, well versed on Purdue, etc. Additionally, apparently a lot of UM fans made $16 contributions to the Boilermaker Alliance in honor of Aiden's brother/family. That's solid.

Now granted, I still want to beat them, but unlike when we play iu where I want to demoralize and embarrass them by 50+, I'd be happy to walk out of LOS with a boring 21-20 victory over UM (OK....I'd be more than happy).
Any of them talking about the rumor going around of Harbaugh to the Colts?

Good to hear.

Also, respect to the UM fans who donated $16 to Aiden in light of his brothers passing.

HOWEVER...I'm guess you've never been to a game at The Big House. I didn't have a problem with their fan base until actually going to a game in their stadium. Michigan and Notre Dame fans are the worse. Interestingly, I hate O$U...but every game I've been there I've found their fans to be jovial and educated to the game. UM fans were just f-ing clueless, classless, and loud.

Never have had a problem at ND Stadium or their fans and have been going on irrregular basis since 1963. They seem to be a-holes on-line from my experience only and that’s typical from both fanbases imo

For me personally my worse experiences have been with Wisconsin and Michigan fans. Neck and neck battling it out for the worst in the B1G

I’m having a tough year so far as I always root for whoever plays Michigan in football or basketball. Many of their players and coaches are real aholes.

They also refer to themselves as the "Harvard of the Midwest." How can any fan from another fan base like them?
That statement makes them admit they are second rate to Harvard. That isn't special. Then the arrogance is inconsistent.

it is a great school academically and great research univ. Can't deny that
Have a local friend that tried to enter UM and couldn't. Responses back told him of their arrogance. Couple that with I never had a UM co-worker in an engineering office that wasn't arrogant and unable to produce for our engineering team.

it is a great school academically and great research univ. Can't deny that
You could say that about every university in the Big Ten, including Purdue. I know Michigan is probably only ranked behind Northwestern in the conference, but even Nebraska is not a bad school and the rest are all pretty good.

Personally, I hate everyone in the Big Ten. It's like a bunch of brothers who beat on each other but don't like other people causing them any trouble. :D

That statement makes them admit they are second rate to Harvard. That isn't special. Then the arrogance is inconsistent.

You guys are arrogant wrt that big drum, though. There is no denying that.

drum.0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
Their fans are brutal. The majority couldn’t point out Ann Arbor on a map. Sitting at the game in a section full of them I can attest they don’t know anything about the game. All they know how to do is say “**** Ohio” and sing the fight song.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT