ADVERTISEMENT

I am an American

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I've sent the Purdue Athletics Faceboook page 2 IMs asking if I am an American will be played before home games this year. Haven't received a reply yet.
I know some people don't care, but to others, it's really important and a unique experience on gameday at Purdue.

I've sent the Purdue Athletics Faceboook page 2 IMs asking if I am an American will be played before home games this year. Haven't received a reply yet.
I know some people don't care, but to others, it's really important and a unique experience on gameday at Purdue.
Why would they mess with tradition?
A good reminder to all before the game.

I would assume any changes to pregame would be due to the lack of fans in attendance moreso than anything else.

Reactions: FoxBoiler
Speaking of nice traditions, could you also tell them there is a groundswell of support from long-time fans for a return to Gold Helmets all the time, a return to Old Gold pants (not khaki), and the end of the ugly grey and black uniforms. Grey is not a Purdue color.

Where do they get these bad ideas to ignore traditions? You don't see Alabama doing that.

Boiler UP

Speaking of nice traditions, could you also tell them there is a groundswell of support from long-time fans for a return to Gold Helmets all the time, a return to Old Gold pants (not khaki), and the end of the ugly grey and black uniforms. Grey is not a Purdue color.

Where do they get these bad ideas to ignore traditions? You don't see Alabama doing that.

Boiler UP
1) we aren’t bama
2) the uniforms aren’t for fans

I'm concerned that they'd cave into the SJW/woke movement.
I’d be surprised if that tradition continues much longer. Unfortunately, too many people buy into the narrative of our country being an awful, oppressive place to live. Neal’s interview yesterday, IMHO, was a good example.

Reactions: goboilers2
I assume Hodges and the recruiting staff are pretty close to what recruits like.

I don’t personally like the greys, but the kids seem to dig them, so i‘m good with it.
If the kids like them, I agree. Odd though that Bama, Penn State, Michigan and others are not doing all the combos, but Maryland, Clownpants and the like are. Any evidence that it helps with recruiting, or is that perhaps a view being promoted by Nike....?

If the kids like them, I agree. Odd though that Bama, Penn State, Michigan and others are not doing all the combos, but Maryland, Clownpants and the like are. Any evidence that it helps with recruiting, or is that perhaps a view being promoted by Nike....?
You just named 3 of the most iconic ‘brands’ as far as having classic uniforms. We have nothing like that, so yeah, we have to do some things to appeal to the kids.

Michigan has done some alternate units over the years as well.

129267922.jpg

You just named 3 of the most iconic ‘brands’ as far as having classic uniforms. We have nothing like that, so yeah, we have to do some things to appeal to the kids.

Michigan has done some alternate units over the years as well.

129267922.jpg

Chicken .... egg ... chicken ... egg ... which came first?

Are they "iconic brands" because they stayed with the look? Or, are they "iconic brands" for some other reason.

Yeah, I know .... we don't have the wins of UM, PSU, and other programs that haven't made drastic changes to the uni's.

I have to admit: I like some of the new looks ... as an occasional "tweak". Something to get excited about. But, there's also something to be said for a traditional look.

I prefer the old gold, and the classic look.

Okay... Throw in a chrome helmet on occasion. And, all black uni's. And, all gold.

The people at Oregon are idiots. ;)

The "groutfits" (grey outfits) are a gimmick. I doubt they've landed one recruit for any program. (*sigh*... here we go again, with the p*ssing match of what recruits want)

Now...

GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting
Chicken .... egg ... chicken ... egg ... which came first?

Are they "iconic brands" because they stayed with the look? Or, are they "iconic brands" for some other reason.

Yeah, I know .... we don't have the wins of UM, PSU, and other programs that haven't made drastic changes to the uni's.

I have to admit: I like some of the new looks ... as an occasional "tweak". Something to get excited about. But, there's also something to be said for a traditional look.

I prefer the old gold, and the classic look.

Okay... Throw in a chrome helmet on occasion. And, all black uni's. And, all gold.

The people at Oregon are idiots. ;)

The "groutfits" (grey outfits) are a gimmick. I doubt they've landed one recruit for any program. (*sigh*... here we go again, with the p*ssing match of what recruits want)

Now...

GET OFF MY LAWN!
We’ve never really been consistent with our look ... so it’s hard to have an ‘iconic’ look now.

I’m just telling ya .. the kids dig the grey look.

3086796299_86c7385cdf_o.jpg

INXXPU6969Ac.JPG

6aeeaf4b5a76bdcb660dc4939f23e104.jpg

I can't remember how far back ... but the team wore some neon colored gloves. We got called for holding a lot in that game. That was a bad idea. The hands were too obvious.

Last edited:
It’s crazy but the uni thing has made it down to high school sports. My kids high school signed a deal with Addidas this year and got their new home blue jerseys last week before their first game. The guys were psyched! They can’t wait for the greys to come in. The whites will probably be boring. This is all for a late season 6 game schedule. In high school. Who is paying for this crap? I guess it’s me.

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting
I’d be surprised if that tradition continues much longer. Unfortunately, too many people buy into the narrative of our country being an awful, oppressive place to live. Neal’s interview yesterday, IMHO, was a good example.
Did Neal get asked where he’d rather live if the US is so terrible? I’d love to hear two places he’d rather be and a few reasons why, real reasons, for each place. And then if he could actually speak freely (pun intended) about each place once he got there. People like to talk but fewv

I will just say this:

Mitch Daniels ... Mike Bobinski ... please, for the love of all that is good ... please stop the America-hating and flag-hating faction from reaching the grounds of Ross-Ade stadium. Please stop them from infecting and destroying college football like they have destroyed the NBA, the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, and many other formerly-great entertainment organizations.

Please.

PLEASE, make it stop.

Stop these people from destroying our great traditions.

I am an American. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those four: you could write them on your thumbnail, or sweep them across this bright autumn sky. But remember too, that they are more than just words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly, speak them proudly, speak them gratefully. I am an American.

I will just say this:

Mitch Daniels ... Mike Bobinski ... please, for the love of all that is good ... please stop the America-hating and flag-hating faction from reaching the grounds of Ross-Ade stadium. Please stop them from infecting and destroying college football like they have destroyed the NBA, the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, and many other formerly-great entertainment organizations.

Please.

PLEASE, make it stop.

Stop these people from destroying our great traditions.

I am an American. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those four: you could write them on your thumbnail, or sweep them across this bright autumn sky. But remember too, that they are more than just words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly, speak them proudly, speak them gratefully. I am an American.
I'm in step with you. Are you hearing us Mitch?

Did Neal get asked where he’d rather live if the US is so terrible? I’d love to hear two places he’d rather be and a few reasons why, real reasons, for each place. And then if he could actually speak freely (pun intended) about each place once he got there. People like to talk but fewv
Just saw Neal's picture on the homepage. Should ask him what other country would feed him so well.

Just saw Neal's picture on the homepage. Should ask him what other country would feed him so well.

Neal has certainly benefitted from his standing in this country as a great athlete born to a family of great athletes who made a ton of money playing a sport. Not sure why he feels the need to give a convicted felon like George Floyd martyrdom status.

Neal has certainly benefitted from his standing in this country as a great athlete born to a family of great athletes who made a ton of money playing a sport. Not sure why he feels the need to give a convicted felon like George Floyd martyrdom status.
Look, I'm not a fan of "If Trump is elected, I'm moving to another country" BS. And I'm not a fan of the police brutality narrative. But I would guess Neal has probably experienced some level of racism in his life. That being said, I didn't hear Neal say anything about hating living here. If he did, I missed it and he should be ashamed of himself for saying it. My biggest issue with Neal right now is the disrespectful manner in which he answered Mike Carmin's first question in the interview. He was being an @sshole.

Reactions: KingofJersey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT