ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll take my crow medium-rare.

And I'll stand by that. Not a doubter by any means and there hasn't been a single negative word from me about his recruitment or his play.
But it's November. I hate to put too high of expectations on a freshman just a few games in, which then you know people will hold against him if he hits a rough patch. He'll get scouted. There's the conference grind, the freshman wall, and the intensity of March yet to come. But exceeding expectations so far. All good.

you never know what I'm talking about even when i spell it out for you! I'm talking about top 20 ranked high school athletes. They avoid Purdue like the plague. Painter doesn't even bother recruiting them.

that's great we got a mr. basketball, but what was his ranking? was it even in the top 50? it's great we got Furst and Tkr. were they top 20?

let me spell it out. if a player thinks he's good and has NBA aspirations, and finds himself sitting on the bench or not highlighted on his team, he will look to play for a different team. I provided you four examples of purdue players who knew what their future at Purdue was going to be. Throw in hunter and IT. that's 6. It's not my fault, they all flopped at the schools they transferred too. and that's not my point either.

Look at Kyle Macy. he didn't like sharing guard duties with Eugene parker and Schichting, so he left.

history backs me up. I could provide many examples of players from other teams. if they don't feel the love, they transfer. Duke, Kansas and Uk all lose players .

What I said is Painter will never be able to recruit the top 5 star players. Where's lebron's kid going? It's not Purdue. Did he even think about Purdue? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. and why is that? We're not even in his top 10.
how abou Zion? surely he wanted to come to Purdue, right?
where did tyger campbell go? it wasn't Purdue.

where did Oscar Robertson go? it wasn't Purdue.

Painter recruits a certain type of player. and the vast amjority of the big name recruits don't give him the time of day. And it's NOT about the NIL. Guys like pack negotiated their own NIL deal, as do all the other players bringing in millions. Look at Manning. his dad negotiated his NIL deals, not Texas. stop blaming Purdue for NIL. as eastern's mom said, the money is out there, it always has been . ask the fab 5. sometimes people get caught.

painter does a great job with what he brings to purdue. Is Miles a top 20 prospect? Did any top 20 prospect even consider Purdue. why is that?

you can argue with my spelling and my spacing, and my grammar and the legnth of my posts but you can't argue with history or the facts. even the top 20 prospects Painter tried to recruit signed elsewhere.

look at the past 20 years, and give me 5 names of players who were in the top 20 of their recruiting class when we signed them. and then take a look at NCAA basketball outside of Purdue and see how may unhappy players who didn't get starting time trnsferred. In most cases, transferring was a bad decision. but that's not my point, my point was unhappy players who have aspirations of playing pro ball who are not getting significant minutes, look to transfer to someplace else. LOok at martin going to Notre dame. he would have been a 6th man at purdue and he knew it.

my original post about TKR made two points. the first was i expected him to be Purdue main #1 scoring option this year. he's not. I thought Edey would be like haas and Tre and complement him. that hasn't happened. I thought Gillis would make a great 6th mn and TKR would start. that hasn't happened either. the second point I made was that players who were high profile players out of high school who are not starting and playing significnt minutes tend to look toward transferring to a different school. we've seen it happen at Purdue. Haarms, stephens, and eastern all had pro aspirations when they left Purdue.

I'm just speculating what the future will hold. Players that only play 10 or less minutes tend to move on.

as for top 20 talent, i recall painter was one of the first to recruit Holgrem. I felt sure he was going to come to purdue. that was until another school made him an offer. did he even give us a visit?

it is what it is.
YOU never know what you are talking about. Why get upset when others can't follow your flip-floppy, nonsense-filled posts?

Reactions: mathboy
you never know what I'm talking about even when i spell it out for you! I'm talking about top 20 ranked high school athletes. They avoid Purdue like the plague. Painter doesn't even bother recruiting them.

that's great we got a mr. basketball, but what was his ranking? was it even in the top 50? it's great we got Furst and Tkr. were they top 20?

let me spell it out. if a player thinks he's good and has NBA aspirations, and finds himself sitting on the bench or not highlighted on his team, he will look to play for a different team. I provided you four examples of purdue players who knew what their future at Purdue was going to be. Throw in hunter and IT. that's 6. It's not my fault, they all flopped at the schools they transferred too. and that's not my point either.

Look at Kyle Macy. he didn't like sharing guard duties with Eugene parker and Schichting, so he left.

history backs me up. I could provide many examples of players from other teams. if they don't feel the love, they transfer. Duke, Kansas and Uk all lose players .

What I said is Painter will never be able to recruit the top 5 star players. Where's lebron's kid going? It's not Purdue. Did he even think about Purdue? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. and why is that? We're not even in his top 10.
how abou Zion? surely he wanted to come to Purdue, right?
where did tyger campbell go? it wasn't Purdue.

where did Oscar Robertson go? it wasn't Purdue.

Painter recruits a certain type of player. and the vast amjority of the big name recruits don't give him the time of day. And it's NOT about the NIL. Guys like pack negotiated their own NIL deal, as do all the other players bringing in millions. Look at Manning. his dad negotiated his NIL deals, not Texas. stop blaming Purdue for NIL. as eastern's mom said, the money is out there, it always has been . ask the fab 5. sometimes people get caught.

painter does a great job with what he brings to purdue. Is Miles a top 20 prospect? Did any top 20 prospect even consider Purdue. why is that?

you can argue with my spelling and my spacing, and my grammar and the legnth of my posts but you can't argue with history or the facts. even the top 20 prospects Painter tried to recruit signed elsewhere.

look at the past 20 years, and give me 5 names of players who were in the top 20 of their recruiting class when we signed them. and then take a look at NCAA basketball outside of Purdue and see how may unhappy players who didn't get starting time trnsferred. In most cases, transferring was a bad decision. but that's not my point, my point was unhappy players who have aspirations of playing pro ball who are not getting significant minutes, look to transfer to someplace else. LOok at martin going to Notre dame. he would have been a 6th man at purdue and he knew it.

my original post about TKR made two points. the first was i expected him to be Purdue main #1 scoring option this year. he's not. I thought Edey would be like haas and Tre and complement him. that hasn't happened. I thought Gillis would make a great 6th mn and TKR would start. that hasn't happened either. the second point I made was that players who were high profile players out of high school who are not starting and playing significnt minutes tend to look toward transferring to a different school. we've seen it happen at Purdue. Haarms, stephens, and eastern all had pro aspirations when they left Purdue.

I'm just speculating what the future will hold. Players that only play 10 or less minutes tend to move on.

as for top 20 talent, i recall painter was one of the first to recruit Holgrem. I felt sure he was going to come to purdue. that was until another school made him an offer. did he even give us a visit?

it is what it is.
Bronny James isn’t a Top 50 player.

There are different types of coaches. Some are spectacular salesman (thinking of Saban at Alabama). He speaks and the room is eating out of his hand. CMP is not that. Actually far from it. And he has no NBA stories to tell (Juwan Howard and others). Recruiting for 5 stars? Well CMP isn't gonna win any of those battles so his plan is to try to win with 4 stars.... and we can. The most talented player we have had in years didn't help Purdue win... Coaches of 5 star players have the different challenge of working with the ego's, both the players and their families. Not always easy. Gene was a great coach but tended to underperform when it counted because he had inferior talent. Think Carsen Edwards' cool persona has helped CMP recruit better talent than Gene but don't forget CMP doesn't have to recruit against Bob Knight. Time is now.

ADVERTISEMENT