ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll say this about CMP…

Apr 1, 2019
he gets criticized by some folks here no matter what the team does. Last year, the team was highly ranked going into the season, and he got criticized for underperforming. This year, the teams comes from out of nowhere to spend several weeks at #1, and most of the year in the top 10, wins an outright B1G championship, and most likely has the CPOY and NPOY…and he’s still a horrible coach because the team hasn’t overperformed enough. I want the Boilers to get back to the FF and win an NC as much as anyone, but I have to give the man credit for this year. I’m not sure many coaches could take this roster where he has this year.

Good post. Not to mention he officially got a 5 star recruit for 2024 as of today.
Waiting for the ink to dry on that one lol. But seriously, painter is rolling at the moment. A lot of fans want to look at a few games when our shooters are slumping and think he all the sudden can’t coach. This year was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we won the big ten by at least 2 games and are in line to be a 1/2 seed in the NCAAT. He’s spoiled us for sure.

he gets criticized by some folks here no matter what the team does. Last year, the team was highly ranked going into the season, and he got criticized for underperforming. This year, the teams comes from out of nowhere to spend several weeks at #1, and most of the year in the top 10, wins an outright B1G championship, and most likely has the CPOY and NPOY…and he’s still a horrible coach because the team hasn’t overperformed enough. I want the Boilers to get back to the FF and win an NC as much as anyone, but I have to give the man credit for this year. I’m not sure many coaches could take this roster where he has this year.
FACTS

Who said he was a horrible coach?

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT