ADVERTISEMENT

Husker fan here

Dec 8, 2008
I'm all in on Purdue -1. Brohm > Fitz and I don't think Thorston plays tonight and even if he does, he's meh anyways. I hope Brohm brings the heat on D and the O throws the rock deep downfield all game.

Are you guys expecting a sellout? I would hope.

Anyways, I've always liked your program. By far my favorite out of all the BIG teams (outside of Nebraska, of course). Be loud tonight, fellas. Good Luck.

GBR.

I'm all in on Purdue -1. Brohm > Fitz and I don't think Thorston plays tonight and even if he does, he's meh anyways. I hope Brohm brings the heat on D and the O throws the rock deep downfield all game.

Anyways, I've always liked your program. By far my favorite out of all the BIG teams (outside of Nebraska, of course). Be loud tonight, fellas. Good Luck.

GBR.
Thanks for the good wishes Husker fan. I don't think it is quiet going to be a sellout though. Should be a good, enthusiastic crowd though.

Embarrassing. WTF is Brohm doing? You can't keep trying FGs.. you have to go for TDs. And BLITZ ALL. EVERY PLAY. God damn it dude.

Down by two scores you ask the d to step up and you let blough run brohm’s offense. That’s Moore than enough. Will it happen? I can’t say it will, but that gives you the best odds without being reckless and betting the house

And you send the house every play?
The majority of plays. Thorston was obviously hobbled. The main issue tonight was Brohm not taking shots down field when Blough came in and kicking field goals when you need TDs. That last FG to put Purdue down 4 was an embarrassing decision.

Actually it's uncommon sense. Without the INTs, Purdue is in control of this game. You don't crazy blitz a team with a strong RPO mentality. You play disciplined at home defense.
Blitzing wasn't even the main issue. It was kicking field goals when you need TDs and not taking shots down field when Blough came in. Those repeated bubble screens and 3 yard crossing routes where doing nothing. Take some shots up the seams. The refs didn't help any tho. Awful officiating.

GBR.

It's Thorson. If you want to put a "meh" on our QB, at least spell his name correctly.

Headed out your way for the game in 4 weeks! You're my new BT team favorite, was out there 3 years ago and was bowled over by the hospitality, friendliness and courtesy of your fan base.

Now, I still hope we beat you by a touchdown, but 'll be pulling for you in the rest of your games. :)

Blitzing wasn't even the main issue. It was kicking field goals when you need TDs and not taking shots down field when Blough came in. Those repeated bubble screens and 3 yard crossing routes where doing nothing. Take some shots up the seams. The refs didn't help any tho. Awful officiating.
I don't think you understand how to win football games. The odds of getting 3 points inside the 30 yard line are pretty good, like 90%. The odds of getting a first down on a 4th & long. are about 10% (my guess). That means you could take shots down the field all night and hit none of them. Each time you do, you deflate your young defense and give the ball back to NW. Bad strategy. Take the 3 points on forth down.

Besides, to win the game, we needed to get that field goal anyway. We were in position to win with a touchdown at the end. Take away the non-call on offensive pass interference and that is one less touchdown on the board. We win. Take away the bone headed interception by Sindelar, we win. Brohm's strategy was excellent. Blough may not have been capable of throwing long. Not enough arm strength.

Reactions: AugustaBoiler90
I don't think you understand how to win football games. The odds of getting 3 points inside the 30 yard line are pretty good, like 90%. The odds of getting a first down on a 4th & long. are about 10% (my guess). That means you could take shots down the field all night and hit none of them. Each time you do, you deflate your young defense and give the ball back to NW. Bad strategy. Take the 3 points on forth down.

Besides, to win the game, we needed to get that field goal anyway. We were in position to win with a touchdown at the end. Take away the non-call on offensive pass interference and that is one less touchdown on the board. We win. Take away the bone headed interception by Sindelar, we win. Brohm's strategy was excellent. Blough may not have been capable of throwing long. Not enough arm strength.

I get the impression he’s just venting after losing a boatload of money.

wish we would have tried throwing the TE seam route, if Blough doesn't have enough arm strength, where is Sipe?.

Reactions: mathboy
The majority of plays. Thorston was obviously hobbled. The main issue tonight was Brohm not taking shots down field when Blough came in and kicking field goals when you need TDs. That last FG to put Purdue down 4 was an embarrassing decision.

4th and 5 from the 10 on the 1st play of the 4th quarter of a high-scoring game? With a defense that only gave up about 50 yards in the 3rd quarter. Embarrassing? The only way you go for it there is if you think you're not getting the ball back.

Blough doesn’t have the arm of Sindelar to do that. Brohm used different sets when Blough was in. It was obvious to see.

Headed out your way for the game in 4 weeks! You're my new BT team favorite, was out there 3 years ago and was bowled over by the hospitality, friendliness and courtesy of your fan base.

Now, I still hope we beat you by a touchdown, but 'll be pulling for you in the rest of your games. :)
I'll be in Lincoln too. Burned up some sizeable hilton honors points for the 2 night mandatory stay right near the stadium

Reactions: Tommaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT