ADVERTISEMENT

How many lies will the Pelosi's, Schumer's, and Water's tell and how far will they go...

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
in their attempt to discredit our next SCOTUS member who was hired by SCOTUS Justice Kagan.

Will they go after his family?
Will they go after his religion?
Will they go after his activism working with kids in sports and tutoring?
Will they shadow him, his wife, and his kids every move?
Will they actually go after his kids to get to him?

What will they do and how far will they go in a losing attempt to keep a decent and fair constitutionalist off the SC to keep their hold on a court filled with legislative justices?

in their attempt to discredit our next SCOTUS member who was hired by SCOTUS Justice Kagan.

What will they do and how far will they go in a losing attempt to keep a decent and fair constitutionalist off the SC to keep their hold on a court filled with legislative justices?

We'll see what happens. Mcconnell took things to an unprecedented territory by denying Garland a hearing and then blowing up the 60 vote threshold. It's about time Democrats start fighting back. They act like the right is going to act in good faith and then they get railroaded, it's time to fight just as dirty as the right does.

It will be interesting. Of the things you listed, I would think religion and his previous decisions would be top priority. If they try and attack his wife and kids, will not be good. They will really be attacking his views on the Presidency and how the office should be protected.

We'll see what happens. Mcconnell took things to an unprecedented territory by denying Garland a hearing and then blowing up the 60 vote threshold. It's about time Democrats start fighting back. They act like the right is going to act in good faith and then they get railroaded, it's time to fight just as dirty as the right does.

You must be very young or very naïve. The Dems invented dirty fighting or haven't you noticed all the attacks on Cabinet members in restaurants lately. You blame the Republicans for blowing up the 60 vote threshold, but Harry Reid was the guy that broke a 200 year precedent by doing it first. If you look beyond the MSM, you may actually find out what's happening in the country. I'll even give you a MSM report from the Washington Post to help educate you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9a30aa9afd13

I suppose you think that all the flattering remarks the Dems are making about Kavanaugh are reflective of their basic loving nature. They were starting the character assassination, before they even knew who the nominee was. But I guess that's OK with you...

If the Left fought just as dirty as the Right does, they'd have to get rid of about 50% of their dirty tricks. They have lied, cheated and stolen far better and more often for over a Century. You really need to learn a little more about the History of this country.

Last edited:

They wont

I Hear the Dems are hiring Mitch McConnell as a consultant on this thing. I understand that he is capable of pulling off some real whoppers when it comes to protocol on electing Supreme Court justices. Seems the Dems won't have to attack his family, religion, etc, They just have to pretend he has not really been nominated. Worked pretty well for the Republicans.

Reactions: Klaatu2
Wrong. You can blame Harry Reid for letting the genie out of the box. He changed precedent for judicial appointees in order to help out Obama.

The Republicans just finished what the Ds started by extending it to the USSC.

It's very convenient for you to ignore that important detail.

Reactions: SKYDOG
You must be very young or very naïve. The Dems invented dirty fighting or haven't you noticed all the attacks on Cabinet members in restaurants lately. You blame the Republicans for blowing up the 60 vote threshold, but Harry Reid was the guy that broke a 200 year precedent by doing it first. If you look beyond the MSM, you may actually find out what's happening in the country. I'll even give you a MSM report from the Washington Post to help educate you:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9a30aa9afd13

I suppose you think that all the flattering remarks the Dems are making about Kavanaugh are reflective of their basic loving nature. They were starting the character assassination, before they even knew who the nominee was. But I guess that's OK with you...

If the Left fought just as dirty as the Right does, they'd have to get rid of about 50% of their dirty tricks. They have lied, cheated and stolen far better and more often for over a Century. You really need to learn a little more about the History of this country.
Wow, you're really in deep. The propaganda has done it's job. The biggest threat to this country is right wing propaganda, it's turned roughly 30% of the country into radical know nothings.

Wow, you're really in deep. The propaganda has done it's job. The biggest threat to this country is right wing propaganda, it's turned roughly 30% of the country into radical know nothings.

You are so naïve. The Left has programmed you little drones from when you were in the First grade through College. The MSM sings the doctrine of the Left consistently and has for as long as you've probably been alive Hollywood reinforces the Left Wing mantra in almost every movie you watch. You've been taught to believe that FOX News and Conservative talk radio are dangerous and to be avoided, so you avoid them.

Why think about what's going on in the world, when the Left constantly tells you what to think? All you really need a brain for is to keep your ears from colliding together. Try expanding your mind and investigate what both sides are saying. Think about it with an open mind and you may start questioning some of the Left Wing dogma.

Speaking of know nothings, I always enjoy watching the protests of the Left, that seem to occur all the time about virtually everything. It's particularly amusing, when someone interviews these protestors and they invariably have no idea what they're protesting. The Left is long on emotion and very short on logic.

How do you quantify which party lies, cheats and steals the most?

Reactions: Bill4411
Just ask all those people at the Carrier Air Conditioner Plant in Indiana whose jobs were saved by Donald. These are the people that back Donald J Trump and will elect him again. Enough Democratic lies!!

60 years of personal observation. I was about 10 yrs old, when I started getting interested in politics.

Before you go there, I fully realize that both sides lie far more often than they should. What tips the scales is if someone on the Right lies, the MSM reports it in detail and dwells on it. If someone on the Left lies, the MSM either doesn't report it or downplays it as much as possible. They're supposed to be the watchdogs that keep both sides honest, but they've picked their team. It's like watching a sporting event, where the officials make almost all the calls to benefit one team.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
You are so naïve. The Left has programmed you little drones from when you were in the First grade through College. The MSM sings the doctrine of the Left consistently and has for as long as you've probably been alive Hollywood reinforces the Left Wing mantra in almost every movie you watch. You've been taught to believe that FOX News and Conservative talk radio are dangerous and to be avoided, so you avoid them.

Why think about what's going on in the world, when the Left constantly tells you what to think? All you really need a brain for is to keep your ears from colliding together. Try expanding your mind and investigate what both sides are saying. Think about it with an open mind and you may start questioning some of the Left Wing dogma.

Speaking of know nothings, I always enjoy watching the protests of the Left, that seem to occur all the time about virtually everything. It's particularly amusing, when someone interviews these protestors and they invariably have no idea what they're protesting. The Left is long on emotion and very short on logic.

I listed to Sean Hannity on the way home from work almost every day, sometimes I can catch some of Mark Levin. I don't avoid what the right has to say, I hear both sides and can understand just how off base the right media is. It's a mockery of journalism. Because it lines up with your beliefs you want to believe what they say is true, for the most part, it isn't.
They pounded all of the conspiracy theories about Benghazi, none of them turned out to be true. They came up with an IRS scandal because they selectively leaked that the IRS was looking at conservative groups, guess what they were also looking at left wing groups but telling the whole story doesn't whip up the right into a rage. Uranium One was been debunked completely. The facts never line up with the conspiracy theories on the right. Time and time again you guys get taken hook line and sinker and will never admit there's nothing there. I'm sure from this post you'll try to come up with the real story from those discredited Fox News outrage stories.

Last edited:
60 years of personal observation. I was about 10 yrs old, when I started getting interested in politics.

Before you go there, I fully realize that both sides lie far more often than they should. What tips the scales is if someone on the Right lies, the MSM reports it in detail and dwells on it. If someone on the Left lies, the MSM either doesn't report it or downplays it as much as possible. They're supposed to be the watchdogs that keep both sides honest, but they've picked their team. It's like watching a sporting event, where the officials make almost all the calls to benefit one team.
I don't agree. I've been paying attention for most of my 57 years. My opinion is different than yours. Both are just opinions.

And while I do agree that many news organizations are liberal to varying degrees, this MSM label needs to go away. FOX is the king in TV ratings if I'm not mistaken......that makes them as mainstream as it gets. There are many online sites devoted to the right.....SD posts something from them almost everyday.

Bottom line is both sides have plenty of organizations trying to sway the thinking of the public.....but it isn't limited to the left anymore.

Reactions: MANelson85

I don't agree. I've been paying attention for most of my 57 years. My opinion is different than yours. Both are just opinions.

And while I do agree that many news organizations are liberal to varying degrees, this MSM label needs to go away. FOX is the king in TV ratings if I'm not mistaken......that makes them as mainstream as it gets. There are many online sites devoted to the right.....SD posts something from them almost everyday.

Bottom line is both sides have plenty of organizations trying to sway the thinking of the public.....but it isn't limited to the left anymore.

correct.
fox = mainstream media
they have been the most watched for years now.
and radio has long been dominated by the conservative side.

nothing wrong with that, the marketplace is at work. it just makes certain complaints about that media backwards, and ring rather hollow

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Harry Reid started the nuclear option...Mitch simply used what was handed to him in dealing with a contrary Democrat party. As for Garland, there's also a precedent set that is exactly the same as Mitch.

In his March 24 PostPartisan blog excerpt, “Yes, Democrats should filibuster Gorsuch” [op-ed], James Downie wrote that the Senate’s refusal to hold confirmation hearings for President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland was “unprecedented.” This is not so. When Justice John McKinley died in the election year of 1852, Whig President Millard Fillmore made several attempts to nominate a replacement, which the Democratic-controlled Senate ignored. Fillmore’s successor, Democrat Franklin Pierce, nominated Southern Democrat John Archibald Campbell to the court in March 1853. He was approved soon after.

This is absolute crap. What other right-leaning networks are on TV outside of Fox News and Fox Business Channel? None. Every other one is center left to pretty far left. That is a fact.

This is absolute crap. What other right-leaning networks are on TV outside of Fox News and Fox Business Channel? None. Every other one is center left to pretty far left. That is a fact.
Only CNN and MSNBC are 24 hour. CBS, NBC, and ABC are limited to Sunday morning shows for politics. You can count them if you wish but it is just more playing the victim. I don't count the financial channels. FOX beats all of them.

viewership / ratings:
fox has been on top for years.
the rivals combined barely match them. now there's conservative Oan on cable also.

quantity of sources:
if we want to consider just quantity instead... its probably even more conservative now also, since sinclair broadcasts national daily segments on countless local affiliates. and thats on top of the already heavy conservative lean in radio/streaming

conservatives are the mainstream, with that much control in each segment. I suppose liberals can claim the dying print.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-09_at_3.17.41_PM.0.png

Last edited:
viewership / ratings:
fox has been on top for years.
the rivals combined barely match them. now there's conservative Oan on cable also.

quantity of sources:
if we want to consider just quantity instead... its probably even more conservative now also, since sinclair broadcasts national daily segments on countless local affiliates. and thats on top of the already heavy conservative lean in radio/streaming

conservatives are the mainstream, with that much control in each segment. I suppose liberals can claim the dying print.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-09_at_3.17.41_PM.0.png
There's a reason for this. Only FOX News has a right-leaning stance. All the rest are left-leaning. That's a fact.

There's a reason for this. Only FOX News has a right-leaning stance. All the rest are left-leaning. That's a fact.
all the rest? not really, as stated above.
sure their 2 historical direct competitors are left (24 hr cable news cnn, msnbc).

but now theres conservative oan on cable, sinclair over the air (in many time slots, many channels), plus radio/streaming that has historically leaned conservative.

over the air was the left's remaining advantage: the old school 30 minute evening news and sunday morning talk. but sinclair's approach has superseded much of that now too.

team-right was mainstream across 2 of the 3 segments, and now has a handle on the 3rd.

Last edited:
I listed to Sean Hannity on the way home from work almost every day, sometimes I can catch some of Mark Levin. I don't avoid what the right has to say, I hear both sides and can understand just how off base the right media is. It's a mockery of journalism. Because it lines up with your beliefs you want to believe what they say is true, for the most part, it isn't.
They pounded all of the conspiracy theories about Benghazi, none of them turned out to be true. They came up with an IRS scandal because they selectively leaked that the IRS was looking at conservative groups, guess what they were also looking at left wing groups but telling the whole story doesn't whip up the right into a rage. Uranium One was been debunked completely. The facts never line up with the conspiracy theories on the right. Time and time again you guys get taken hook line and sinker and will never admit there's nothing there. I'm sure from this post you'll try to come up with the real story from those discredited Fox News outrage stories.
I can't stand Hannity. He, Maddow, and Cuomo are not good for this country.

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...e-fleeing-tv-as-a-main-source-of-news/278781/

I do not think that young people [18-29] are getting their news from TV. In fact, according to this article, the internet is the main source of news for those under 50. I have not watched the news on American TV for over a decade but I do watch TV news occasionally when I am in Europe.
I wish I was joking about this but I know several people in that age category whose main source of news is Comedy Central.

CBS, NBC, and ABC are limited to Sunday morning shows for politics.
You are forgetting the morning shows from 7-9 and the nightly 6:30 news as well as shows like 60 minutes. Don't forget the nightly talk shows all lean way left - Kimmel, Falon, Colbert, Meyers, and Corden. Not to mention the 24 hour liberal propaganda on Comedy Central.
If one wants to avoid conservative news you would just need to change the channel from Fox News. If one wants to avoid liberal news you would need to turn off your tv and kill the power to your internet.

I can't stand Hannity. He, Maddow, and Cuomo are not good for this country.
Never been a regular watcher of Maddow but I've seen a good amount of her show. On stories that she does, she provides historical context for what's going on. Is there another media person out there that you can really say that? I know she's a boogeyman on the right, but the research the show does far surpasses anything else on TV.

Reactions: Bill4411
Never been a regular watcher of Maddow but I've seen a good amount of her show. On stories that she does, she provides historical context for what's going on. Is there another media person out there that you can really say that? I know she's a boogeyman on the right, but the research the show does far surpasses anything else on TV.
This is why she's bad for the country:

The current disaster in protests is that “abortion” will become obsolete by a medical practice if he is confirmed. I know this is only about trying to get the votes out, but the reality like many others is simply not true. We do not know what he will do when confirmed. He could turn out like a David Souter (appointed by Bush)…doubt it, but there is some possibility, just probably not a probability?

An overturn of Roe versus Wade “IF” that happened would place it back to the states as it should have been long ago. It sure seems quite the irony that different states have different gun laws (which is part of the 2nd) and should be national and abortion which is not mentioned in the constitution is national instead of belonging to the states. What kind of judges were they? ;) It appears very incoherent and of inconsistent thought…LSD?

Where is the coherent logic in the following:

10th amendment (in our Bill of Rights) which specifically states -- The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

In the 2nd amendment(in our Bill of Rights) we have-- "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Yet we have not a national right to carry, but each state has its own rules even though as stated in the 10th and the 2nd…this is a constitutional right in ALL states! How did this ever get to be a state thing rather than a national thing? Obvious answer is activist judges.

Now let’s talk about abortion. It is not delegated anywhere in the constitution…meaning it is supposed to be left up to the states to decide. Instead, we have violated the 10th by making it a national law…by activist judges legislating from the bench instead of ruling on the constitutionality of it. If by chance this gets to the SCOTUS and gets rightfully overturned it will only be by following the constitution and will go to each state for the rule of law in each state…as it should

It's not that the "conspiracies" weren't true, it's that the Obama Justice Department and Obama were complicit in the scandals, hence the move to cover them up versus investigate them. You do realize that it was Obama's Justice Department that was in charge of the investigations?

Benghazi - 4 people died due to a terrorist attack, yet for weeks after the event Susan Rice, Hillary and Obama blamed it on a video and a spontaneous reaction from the locals. They didn't want to have people talking about terrorist attacks a few weeks before Obama's election, since he had assured us that Al Qaeda was dead. This is where you have to use your brain and not just rely on the MSM's wagon circling reports.

Based on the assessments of many senior military personnel, this was an organized attack, from several directions using AK-47s and RPGs, which wouldn't be prevalent in a "spontaneous" attack. To further shoot holes in the cover story, Hillary texted her daughter that Benghazi had been attacked by terrorists, while it was happening and she had also sent the same message to the Prime Minister of Egypt the next morning. Yet, when she met the families of the deceased, she perpetuated the video myth.

Taking it a step further, the Brits pulled their people out of Benghazi prior to the attack, because they deemed it unsafe. Our Ambassador asked for additional security from Hillary and was denied. Our people should have been removed to safety, but Obama didn't like the optics of closing an Embassy right before the election due to terror threats. Tell me again how much Hillary and Obama care about our people.

IRS - There were over 300 Conservative groups that had been denied/delayed tax exempt status for several years. I believe there were about a dozen Leftist groups that had been denied because the didn't meet the criteria.

Hillary's Emails - So many laws broken and no accountability. First you have to ask yourself why did Hillary feel the need to have her own private server and why would she store highly classified material on an unsecure server, when she knows that's against the law? Was she perhaps trying to dodge the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to avoid accountability for her actions? That's really the only plausible explanation.

Hillary deleted 30K emails that had been subpoenaed by Congress. That's a felony.
Hillary and her closest aids destroyed their phones after the investigation was started. Obstruction of justice, destroying evidence? Both felonies.
Comey wrote her exoneration letter a month before she was interviewed by the FBI. Peter Strzok was the lead investigator on the Hillary E-mail scandal and he was a Hillary fanboy and hated Trump. 5 of Hillary's closest aids had their laptops destroyed by the FBI and received immunity. You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see that the fix was in to protect Hillary. Obama had to protect her to keep his legacy intact and to keep her from turning on him.

It's interesting to see that Peter Strzok was also the lead investigator on the Trump Russian Collusion case.

If you were the least bit objective, you could see that there is a ton of evidence against Hillary for committing multiple felonies and no charges were brought against her, yet the same people are trying to bring down Trump based on a fake Dossier funded by Hillary's campaign. Of course, you'll rationalize away all the facts and believe what the MSM tells you.

Uranium One has been debunked in the MSM, but it's never been fully investigated, nor has the Clinton Foundation. Just because Morning Joe and the other Leftist talking heads say that there is nothing to see here, it's probably more that they don't want you to look there, than there isn't really anything there.

I can back up my opinions with facts, if that matters.

MSM is the label for the major networks - ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC. It also includes the major newspapers like NYT, LATimes, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, etc., which all lean to the Left.(some harder than others).

FOX, talk radio and the Conservative sites that you mention are the alternative, but they're the new kids on the block. Fox news was started about 22 years ago. Conservative talk radio probably preceded that by a decade. The Conservative websites I know nothing about, since I haven't bothered to look at them.

The Left had the monopoly on swaying public opinion for a long time and they still do in large part, since they have denigrated FOX, since their inception. I believe that's what has me gravitating to the Right, because the Left is so intolerant of opinions differing from their own. Look at our college campuses, which should be the bastions of freedom of thought and exposing people to a wide array of perspectives, yet Conservative speakers are demonized by faculties and students and not allowed to speak on many campuses. What are they afraid of? When you're indoctrinating young minds, you don't want them to actually start thinking outside their little Leftist box. So much for freedom of speech...

Only CNN and MSNBC are 24 hour. CBS, NBC, and ABC are limited to Sunday morning shows for politics. You can count them if you wish but it is just more playing the victim. I don't count the financial channels. FOX beats all of them.

Although ABC, CBS and NBC are supposed to be reporting the news, during their daily broadcasts, they can't resist editorializing or trying to slant the news by distorting facts(NBC-Trayvon Martin report), failing to report news that they find damaging to their ideology or just lying (Dan Rather). It would be nice to just get the facts and allow us to determine how to interpret them. Unfortunately, sensationalism sells.

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...e-fleeing-tv-as-a-main-source-of-news/278781/

I do not think that young people [18-29] are getting their news from TV. In fact, according to this article, the internet is the main source of news for those under 50. I have not watched the news on American TV for over a decade but I do watch TV news occasionally when I am in Europe.

That link is 5 yrs old and many of the shows they reference no longer exist. It appears that millennials read headlines and form opinions, rather than taking the time to delve deeper into what's happening. That's not a good thing, because people think they are informed, but they are basing that on a very thin veneer of knowledge.

Sadly, Facebook, Yahoo and Google all have a decidedly Leftward lean.

Last edited:
I like Cuomo a lot. He asks tough questions no matter who it is.

I don't know how one dislikes Hannity but loves Trump. Hannity may be his closest advisor. They say the same things, Hannity can just get away with being more outrageous.

That link is 5 yrs old and many of the show they reference no longer exist. It appears that millennials read headlines and form opinions, rather than taking the time to delve deeper into what's happening. That's not a good thing, because people think they are informed, but they are basing that on a very thin veneer of knowledge.

Sadly, Facebook, Yahoo and Google all have a decidedly Leftward lean.

The irony in this simple-minded and lazy conclusion is rich.

I can back up my opinions with facts, if that matters.

MSM is the label for the major networks - ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC. It also includes the major newspapers like NYT, LATimes, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, etc., which all lean to the Left.(some harder than others).

FOX, talk radio and the Conservative sites that you mention are the alternative, but they're the new kids on the block. Fox news was started about 22 years ago. Conservative talk radio probably preceded that by a decade. The Conservative websites I know nothing about, since I haven't bothered to look at them.

The Left had the monopoly on swaying public opinion for a long time and they still do in large part, since they have denigrated FOX, since their inception. I believe that's what has me gravitating to the Right, because the Left is so intolerant of opinions differing from their own. Look at our college campuses, which should be the bastions of freedom of thought and exposing people to a wide array of perspectives, yet Conservative speakers are demonized by faculties and students and not allowed to speak on many campuses. What are they afraid of? When you're indoctrinating young minds, you don't want them to actually start thinking outside their little Leftist box. So much for freedom of speech...
I don't see the future of a Republic looking very bright..and none of this is aimed at BuilderBob or anyone for that matter. We have a crooked media ( we know that from debate questions all the way to Dan Rather lies for starters). We have a lot of circular referencing where there is nothing new but each one puts forth the others writings as though they were true in the first writing. " you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.
We have little independent writing and an abundance of information that may be more technical than absorbed by many. Thinking is quite simply something amiss in the masses. It is hard to be so busy and to stay on top of things...possibly drawing bad conclusions.

I tend to believe that MOST people on both sides of the aisle are good people, but somehow derive so completely different views on how to get to the same place on many things. It is fascinating and frustrating at the same time for many I'm sure...and I haven't seen the country so torn as it has for the last 10 years since Vietnam.

Tangential...but quite common to venture into a public setting and see the physical appearance as lazy as the mental appearance at times. People can't get out of their pajamas or find a bar of soap every few days appearing to have run into a trout line a few dozen times..not the most astute people for sure...and they breed at a much faster rate. Was it a huge orgy where no selective breeding took place? I say this knowing that each human deserves some dignity, but why can't some put one foot in front of another and try? Anyway, I can't be too positive about what I see. I'm not talking about poor people...a bar of soap isn't much. I'm talking about people that care little about themselves and the country...only what feels good today.

This forum..with both sides have people that are passionate about things outside themselves and THAT is good. I just wish that more people cared about things of substance (like all do in this forum) and then we would have a much more intelligent voter...WHICH this country depends on AND what should be one of the most important goals of K-12 .

ADVERTISEMENT