ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Days Has It Been Since iu Defeated Purdue in BB?

So can we is this thread to talk about Purdue’s track team? They have a couple of players who made the ncaa tourney last year unlike some other athletes we talk about.

Because a FF is what? It means nothing. I want a national championship, not a final four. People clamoring for a (quite meaningless) FF and also crying about making fun of our rival is typical dumbass material. You must be the chief.
So dissing people who talk about track is any better? Chief?

256 is the number today. If you are a machinist, that number (2-56UNC) represents the size and shape designation for a small thread from the Imperial measuring system. Must give a shout to Coach Brohm and his team for a visiting win in the stadium of a ranked opponent. Basketball must do more of the same.

So sorry I missed yesterday and didn't post the number. As of today, it is 264. I was in Lincoln, NE over the weekend and traveled home Monday. It was a long trip that was exhausting and lengthy due to the construction on I-80/294 on the stretch through Gary. The trip navigator actually had me go down US41 (Indianapolis Ave) all the way to highway 231 to move over to I-65 as there were lengthy delays on I-65 as well. Regarding Lincoln, I was ready to report to you that a good place to get a steak was downtown about 2 blocks from the stadium. It is called Misty's. But when doing the verification meal, I was less than pleased with the Prime Rib and the cost was largely overvalued. So, I will shout about HogWild on Cornhusker Ave. and a little Mexican place on the north end of 27th street called Mazatlan II. it is actually on King Lane, just to the east of 27th and south of the Burger King.

So sorry I missed yesterday and didn't post the number. As of today, it is 264. I was in Lincoln, NE over the weekend and traveled home Monday. It was a long trip that was exhausting and lengthy due to the construction on I-80/294 on the stretch through Gary. The trip navigator actually had me go down US41 (Indianapolis Ave) all the way to highway 231 to move over to I-65 as there were lengthy delays on I-65 as well. Regarding Lincoln, I was ready to report to you that a good place to get a steak was downtown about 2 blocks from the stadium. It is called Misty's. But when doing the verification meal, I was less than pleased with the Prime Rib and the cost was largely overvalued. So, I will shout about HogWild on Cornhusker Ave. and a little Mexican place on the north end of 27th street called Mazatlan II. it is actually on King Lane, just to the east of 27th and south of the Burger King.
That's OK. Nobody missed it. :)

Back on Monday this week. The number is 270. Have been in Lincoln 4 weekends this past spring and summer. I gave you a rundown of the restaurants I went to while there. Now something else about the community. Everyone was wearing the Nebraska gear during my first trip before football games began. By the third trip, no one was wearing Nebraska gear as their coach had just been fired. Not a red shirt to be found. Maybe a hat here or there. Our regular posters have it right about them. They have expectations that are unreasonable and then bail as the truth is revealed. Well, we don't do that. We encounter a bump in the road, as noted by the small nature of this number. But we still wear our gear, provide super support for our boys and girls (I can say that since I am old enough to be their grandfather), and continue marching on no matter the conditions or distractions. Hail Purdue.

How many days has it been since Purdue made it to F4?
iu

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
Dreaming about traveling to Florida this coming Thursday. Looking forward to warmer sunshine and great seafood. 284 it is.

I am in Port Charlotte, FL. Staying for another 7 days. Cat1 hurricane on the way. Drinking Root Beer from Boylan Bottling Co. Trash is everywhere. No street signs. It is dark before dinner. 291 is an important number.

Drove all the way home today from Port Charlotte, FL. The total mileage was 1076. Fairly smooth through Atlanta downtown. Been quite a day. Here is another number, 298. Party on.

Reactions: Boilermb
It is now Ole Oaken Bucket week and the mud is flying. But interestingly, the mud is on the basketball board instead of the football board. The IU side is being handled by one poster. The Purdue side is supported by multiple posters. Waiting for the lame comment that Purdue is "piling on." But that is what happens when you have a confident fanbase taking care of "business." The passion demonstrated in that thread leaves credibility to this thread that is now celebrating 305. It is a very relevant number.

Wow, it was a wonderful weekend to be a Boilermaker. The Ole Oaken Bucket game was very intense and our team fought valiantly to prevail. They win the B10 West Division and now go on the conference championship game. Just awesome.

And during the same timeframe, our gritty team of basketball players were playing in these weekend tournaments. The women won two of their three games and are starting to show some grit of their own.

But the play of the men's team has taken over the nation with great praise for their play. They win that Phil Knight tournament with quality wins over three opponents, the last two ranked in the top 10. The new rankings have now been announced and they are now #5 in the nation. And you could see the constant team play by the players was warring down their opponents to the end of each game. And there is a new number to go along with that big #5. It is 312 and it will continue to grow through Jan 2023.

Reactions: drewjin
Wow, it was a wonderful weekend to be a Boilermaker. The Ole Oaken Bucket game was very intense and our team fought valiantly to prevail. They win the B10 West Division and now go on the conference championship game. Just awesome.

And during the same timeframe, our gritty team of basketball players were playing in these weekend tournaments. The women won two of their three games and are starting to show some grit of their own.

But the play of the men's team has taken over the nation with great praise for their play. They win that Phil Knight tournament with quality wins over three opponents, the last two ranked in the top 10. The new rankings have now been announced and they are now #5 in the nation. And you could see the constant team play by the players was warring down their opponents to the end of each game. And there is a new number to go along with that big #5. It is 312 and it will continue to grow through Jan 2023.
Wouldn't an additional question be, "How many days has it been since IU beat Purdue or Rutgers?"

Nice game for the Boilers yesterday to start B10 competition with a win. The game didn't start the best, but as Purdue forced their will, the Gophers began to fall behind and loose touch on the score board. The Freshmen guards held up well in the long run, but had stretches early on were their effectiveness was low. The good news is their effort was still there and became dominate as the game moved on. Furst and TKR handled the lose of Gillis on the floor. Edey covered the point production. Much more "team" in this group over last year. I like 319 today and more numbers as the season continues. Is CMP having fun?

Reactions: drewjin
This turn-over, missed shot start up phenomenon has happened in several games. We stumble coming out of the gate and look really bad. The weird part about it that we might have 5 turn overs and missed 17 3-point shots, but the scoreboard shows us as something like only 4 points down. Somehow we seem impervious to those early game stubbles. My initial thought is that our defense surprises people and they don't cash-in on those early opportunities.

Reactions: Inspector100
There are now two significant numbers to watch as our Boilers have now elevated in the rankings to #1 in the land. Very happy to see this as the team started the year as not ranked, didn't have much experience in important places and appeared headed to the middle or bottom of the B10. Now they have played 10 games and have excelled and surprised with their play and results. The next obstacle for them is to get through finals week without any letdown and come out strong in the next game. The other significant number is 326. We all know what that means.

The mighty Purdue Men's Basketball team is now 11-0. They have passed the on-court test after finals week in a tough game against a pretty tough opponent. And they retained the #1 spot in the national polls ranking all the teams compared to Purdue. That is pretty cool. Just as cool, or maybe slightly more so, than the number 333.

• Love
Reactions: BoilerAndy
Our men's basketball team has passed the tests going through finals week, the Christmas break and now on to the new year. 2022 was a good year for me in my personal competitions, but each event had a slight glitch where I almost threw away all the positives I had gained. I look at our team in the same light in that they have had some growing pains, but have prevailed each time to an acceptable result. I think 2023 will be a year where I clean up my act and have even higher results. And the same holds true for our beloved basketball team. They have developed some mental toughness that seems different and stronger than years past. Today is 340 and the prospect of having that grow for another 365 appears very do-able from my eyes.

Back on it now that the holidays are over. Just got caught up in a busy New Years Day that felt like a Sunday. Better things ahead for the Boilermakers as the football team is ramping up their activity. Super excited about Coach Walters and the staff he is assembling. Just makes me feel like the coming year will be very successful even though there is a chance that the team record will suffer some. The basketball team is playing well and even though they lost a game, have recovered with high quality wins. Speaking of winning, the IU squad has not won over our Boilers for 354 days. Party on.

Another holiday this Monday meant there was B10 basketball this afternoon, of all times. It was a home game for MSU and their opponent was our beloved Purdue Boilermakers. It sort of looked like a heavyweight title fight orchestrated by the two winningest coaches in the conference. Defense was the story of the day as the final score was in the 60's for both teams. I was impressed again with the Boilers as they got hit in the mouth with individual play by the Spartans, then recovered and matched the fight of the Spartans resulting in a strong victory even though it was by only one point. This leads to another milestone in the subject of this thread that is looming in the next 19 days in the opponent's barn. This will be their chance to restart the count. They are also struggling and inconsistent with their play. The number today is 361 and counting. Will it continue counting after Feb 4.

Another great week for our Boilermaker men's basketball team. A very nice win at Minnesota and then a brutally tough game with Maryland. The Maryland team is confusing to me as they played a combination of defenses and a nasty full court press. Once going to the press, they outscored Purdue, but still were short at the end. I can not believe they have lost the number of games in conference as they have.

Then we get news today that our team has once again become the No. 1 team in the NCAA as others have lost during this past week. We are winning close games with grit, tenacity, opportunistic offense while other teams at our ranking level are faultering.

Now a very tough game at Michigan is next on the schedule. I don't trust their coach. I expect some foul play that could impact the health of our team. My hope is strong that we take care of business this Thursday, setting up the epic game at IU where the fate of our number is on the line. Oh, and that number is now 368. Get past Feb 4 and it is worthy of note.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
13 of the last 16 is also true.
It's happens at times ya know... You act like it hasn't happened the other way around. Indiana won 12 of 15 between February 29, 2000 through February 19, 2008. Mike Davis was oddly 9-2 against Purdue. Who would have thought?

ADVERTISEMENT