ADVERTISEMENT

How mad will you be if Wisconsin cancels again?

Oct 1, 2011
Badgers fan here. Congrats on your win today.

Wisconsin writer Jaypo of Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Covid-19 case number went up today at Wisconsin. Barry Alvarez will make a decision by Tuesday. If we can't play, are you guys gonna be cursing like Nebby fans?

Last edited:
I want to see us play but we have a few injuries that a bye week might really help and it would also remove our toughest game so chance to remain undefeated would get easier.

Wisconsin writer Jaypo of Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported that Covid-19 case number went up today at Wisconsin. Barry Alvarez will make a decision by Tuesday. If we can't play, are you guys gonna be cursing like Nebby fans?
If you can’t play next week, do us a favor and cancel one more.

Reactions: Lifetimeboiler
we aren’t like Nebraska fans. We want to play.. if we can’t because you guys can’t do ne it. Looks like unless we can take a time machine back to 03, it might not be pretty

just go ahead and cancel your season already. After us you go to Michigan and northwestern. Don’t want to pick up another couple losses.

Not disappointed at all if it prevents any spread to Purdue. The worst thing would be transmission to the Boilers, who then might have to cancel one or two games. If there's a cancellation, I'd rather have it be because of the other team, not us.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
Not disappointed at all if it prevents any spread to Purdue. The worst thing would be transmission to the Boilers, who then might have to cancel one or two games. If there's a cancellation, I'd rather have it be because of the other team, not us.
same here, knew there be some hiccups to the season since the virus is still around.

Getting hints from the Buckyville board that game is on. It'll be interesting to see who's not playing for UW. We know it'll be at best the 4th string QB, but interested to see if there's any attrition on D.

Disappointed, yes. Lots of reasons that says that life goes on. I’m not really that worried about it. Chalk it up to 2020 and move on. Get in the games that we can.

Disappointed, yes. Crying...no. Wisconsin has as much to lose in not playing vs playing and possibly losing. One more missed game is closer to not getting a crack at B1G championship game per the B1G rules setup for the 8 game regular season.

Last edited:
Definitely more disappointed with the liberal B1G talking heads than with the cheeseheads. Purdue could have easily rescheduled a nonconference game knowing what we know now. The cheeseheads are not off the hook, protocols too loose for the cheesers? These are precious games lost for the players and staff.

Reactions: rjmpu82
Getting hints from the Buckyville board that game is on. It'll be interesting to see who's not playing for UW. We know it'll be at best the 4th string QB, but interested to see if there's any attrition on D.
That won’t help us much. We thought we had an advantage when Illinois was using a 4th string QB. We found out differently.

The RB position group for UW - with or without COVID attrition - is as pedestrian as its been in a long time. Given that the 4th string QB is unlikely to do anything sophisticated in the passing game (also taking into account that we're still in the "pause" phase and several coaches are positive and can't return until Thursday at the earliest), it'll be interesting how UW approaches this game offensively. They already do a lot of jet sweeps. I could also see some wildcat, especially with Groshek who was a HS QB.

However, the defensive side of the ball has been the stronger unit for several years - is that well-known? That's why UW has a shot to win, and why I'm so curious how intact that unit will be.

Curious your opinion .. it didn’t seem like the backs were anything like a Taylor or dayne caliber.. I know stylistically you’ll always be a bad matchup for us, but are you thinking if Karlaftis is healthy we might have a chance even without Moore (who I don’t anticipate playing)

Curious your opinion .. it didn’t seem like the backs were anything like a Taylor or dayne caliber.. I know stylistically you’ll always be a bad matchup for us, but are you thinking if Karlaftis is healthy we might have a chance even without Moore (who I don’t anticipate playing)
More than a chance, my friend. My earlier post in this thread answers my thoughts about the RB corps. Who's actually out for the Badgers and only basically having 2 days of practice would point to super vanilla-ness. I'd be pleasantly surprised if UW is able to move the ball anywhere close to normal, regardless of PU personnel.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT