ADVERTISEMENT

How do you even fix this offense?

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
I’m all the way out on both Harrell and Card. I don’t even know who the problem is to be honest, so I’m going with both. They both are terrible. This offense is just a complete joke.

It would be justified to fire him right now but I don’t think they can. They don’t have anyone to take over. I know I know it couldn’t be worse. But realistically they just don’t have a guy to call a game if they fire him.

I can’t even believe how bad this offense is. 2-10 is the best case scenario if they continue to play this way.

I’m all the way out on both Harrell and Card. I don’t even know who the problem is to be honest, so I’m going with both. They both are terrible. This offense is just a complete joke.

It would be justified to fire him right now but I don’t think they can. They don’t have anyone to take over. I know I know it couldn’t be worse. But realistically they just don’t have a guy to call a game if they fire him.

I can’t even believe how bad this offense is. 2-10 is the best case scenario if they continue to play this way.
And no good OC is jumping on this sinking ship. MBob needs to get rid of the whole staff .

Our OC and QB are absolutely horrible without a doubt, but this is also the weakest group of WRs that we had in years.

Honestly, the entire offense needs to be reset and started from scratch.

Reactions: Boiler8285
I hate to throw a Purdue player under the bus, and I'm not saying this will fix anything, but I think it's time to move on from Card. He just seems to go into a shell against quality defenses.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Our OC and QB are absolutely horrible without a doubt, but this is also the weakest group of WRs that we had in years.

Honestly, the entire offense needs to be reset and started from scratch.
We really needed CJ Smith to be a player, but sounds like he will be out for the year. And now with Edrine out, yes, very weak group of WRs

card was decent last year,not great but had his moments. this year he is lost. could be the line or the lack of decent receivers? defense was better, not good but better. not happy with the team or coaching staff especially with iu doing great with their first year coach. walters is just hazell 2.0 and the sooner we dump him, the sooner we can search for a real head coach

card was decent last year,not great but had his moments. this year he is lost. could be the line or the lack of decent receivers? defense was better, not good but better. not happy with the team or coaching staff especially with iu doing great with their first year coach. walters is just hazell 2.0 and the sooner we dump him, the sooner we can search for a real head coach
Just curious....Do you think that Walters regrets chasing off the WR from last year?
Wr's were better last year. Perhaps we shouldn't have chased them off.

Just curious....Do you think that Walters regrets chasing off the WR from last year?

Wr's were better last year. Perhaps we shouldn't have chased them off.
Total nonsense. One was never healthy for 3 years, one quit before the bucket game, and the only one that mattered got a pay day from a big time program. Our top 2 guys are both out and that really hurts.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I'll repeat it again, linemen, linemen, linemen. You can't win games without good linemen. The two really good defenses we have faced we could not run the ball and our quarterback was running for his life all day. Oregon State doesn't have a good defense and we were at least able to run the ball.

Gave up my season tix 4 years ago when I retired after having them since 1984. Ross Ade looked fabulous. The new renovations are excellent. Scoreboard and big screen are phenomenal. Unfortunately we don't have a team to match, at least right now.

Card has no time to throw and knows it. His feet are constantly dancing.

No big play threats.

165 yds in penalties and most of them warranted, even the PI calls. Our DBs can't get their heads turned around. Stupid personal fouls.

OL is not effective.

Coach Walter's body language on the sideline looks dejected and almost hopeless. Not a criticism, just an observation.

We are near rock bottom as a program. Not competitive. Not sure where we go from here. I do think Walters needs another year but needs to make staff changes.

only watched half of nd and all of oregon st. but it doesnt seem like card has much time to throw or receivers who can get open. has he declined since last year? is it the offensive scheme? lack of talent everywhere? whatever it is i dont think walters is the answer

I was expecting a big year from Card. Its not like he doesn't have physical talent. My guess is he looks great in practice when there's no fear of getting hit (like the ISU game) and thus the staff feels good going into the game. Now why CWR or Harrell can't seem to pull him from the game when he's struggling so much is beyond me. Harrell does seem slow to me and I think CWR is to either too stubborn or has delegated all offensive decisions to Harrell which isn't very wise.

I think the only way you can possibly stick with Card at this point is use him way more as a runner.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I was expecting a big year from Card. Its not like he doesn't have physical talent. My guess is he looks great in practice when there's no fear of getting hit (like the ISU game) and thus the staff feels good going into the game. Now why CWR or Harrell can't seem to pull him from the game when he's struggling so much is beyond me. Harrell does seem slow to me and I think CWR is to either too stubborn or has delegated all offensive decisions to Harrell which isn't very wise.

I think the only way you can possibly stick with Card at this point is use him way more as a runner.
Bingo. He's not a game day player, and the slightest bit of pressure rattles him.

First half, he has a free play, a wide open receiver, not a ton of pressure, literally zero consequences to that play, all he has to do is make the pass, and he sailed it over his head.

Time to see what else we got, and yes time to change coordinators.

They say in gambling, you should never bet more than you can afford to lose.

Obviously the Purdue AD never heard of that phrase. He paid Hazell way too much money to be a head coach after 1 good season. He paid Brohm too much money on his extension. When he first threatened to leave for Louisville .

And now Purdue will keep Walters for another year because they can’t afford to pay him the $9 million buyout And hire another coach.

Think about it. If Purdue buys out Walters, they will have to spend $9 million for the buyout plus another $8-10 million for another head coach. No way can Purdue afford to spend $17-20 million just for a head coach next year.

Like gambling, Purdue should have never given Walters the contract they gave him if they couldn’t afford to buy him out. They should have started out giving their head coach $3-5 million And then increase his salary based on His performance/success.

Admittedly no big name coach would have accepted an offer of only $3-5 million. But the reality is somebody would have. Hope was getting paid less than $1 million. I have to believe. There’s a coach somewhere out there who would have come cheap.

Two guys I would have tried to hire. Are Coach kill. And Tommy Bowden. They both enjoyed success at the division 1 level and both would have signed for half of what Purdue shelled out for Walters!

Why spend your money on a Lexus, when a Camry will get the job done at half the price!!! And a Camry is still better than 75% of the competition!

Obviously the Purdue AD never heard of that phrase. He paid Hazell way too much money to be a head coach after 1 good season. He paid Brohm too much money on his extension. When he first threatened to leave for Louisville .

And now Purdue will keep Walters for another year because they can’t afford to pay him the $9 million buyout And hire another coach.

Think about it. If Purdue buys out Walters, they will have to spend $9 million for the buyout plus another $8-10 million for another head coach. No way can Purdue afford to spend $17-20 million just for a head coach next year.

Like gambling, Purdue should have never given Walters the contract they gave him if they couldn’t afford to buy him out. They should have started out giving their head coach $3-5 million And then increase his salary based on His performance/success.

Admittedly no big name coach would have accepted an offer of only $3-5 million. But the reality is somebody would have. Hope was getting paid less than $1 million. I have to believe. There’s a coach somewhere out there who would have come cheap.

Two guys I would have tried to hire. Are Coach kill. And Tommy Bowden. They both enjoyed success at the division 1 level and both would have signed for half of what Purdue shelled out for Walters!

Why spend your money on a Lexus, when a Camry will get the job done at half the price!!! And a Camry is still better than 75% of the competition!
Walters would be owed $3 million next year if he’s fired, not $9 million.

Reactions: pboiler18

You may have just created the longest post I’ve ever seen with the least amount of correct info I’ve ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT