ADVERTISEMENT

How confident is Painter that Pack will come to Purdue?

boiler0807

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2022
This is 100% an opinion from 50,000 ft up as I have no insight into the Purdue program outside of this site, twitter etc, but it seems like Pack is the only guy Painter is really going after in the Portal? Is there anyone else? I saw Jaelin Llewellyn committed to Clemson, and that was seemingly the 2nd option for Purdue.

So, is Painter doing more recruiting among the transfer options than gets reported, or is Painter really confident he has his guy in Pack and isn't really going after anyone else aggressively?

Or, does Painter really love who he already has in the building and he's fine if Pack decides to go somewhere else...he's mentioned it multiple times throughout this past season that he is really excited about the current team but also really likes what he has in the future...he's referred to Furst as a "future all big ten player", so maybe he thinks some of the young guys are going to be much better from day 1 than the general public gives them credit for...thinking maybe TKR or Smith

I think you go all in on Pack. It’s not about counting your chicken or bird in hand, you send a message that you are our guy. You are the perfect fit here and will take us to the next level and we are committed to showcasing you like you we did for Carsen and Ivey.

if we don’t get them I’m not sure there is another must have. The others out there at PG don’t seem much better than Morton or even Hunter. Plus you got Braden.

I just assume that Hunter is already committed verbally to come back .. as the #2 if Pack joins OR as our #1 if Pack goes somewhere else.

I also assume Hunter will announce very quickly if the latter happens.

While it would be great to have Pack, if we don’t get him, that means others will have to take more shots and get more points .. I’m excited to see that coming from TKR, Furst, Newman

I just assume that Hunter is already committed verbally to come back .. as the #2 if Pack joins OR as our #1 if Pack goes somewhere else.

I also assume Hunter will announce very quickly if the latter happens.

While it would be great to have Pack, if we don’t get him, that means others will have to take more shots and get more points .. I’m excited to see that coming from TKR, Furst, Newman
Agreed! I don’t know that there is any difference makers that are worth the risk if Pack doesn’t get on board. I just figured we’d go young and try to get those guys better in a hurry. Plus, Hunter would be a good route too.

This is 100% an opinion from 50,000 ft up as I have no insight into the Purdue program outside of this site, twitter etc, but it seems like Pack is the only guy Painter is really going after in the Portal? Is there anyone else? I saw Jaelin Llewellyn committed to Clemson, and that was seemingly the 2nd option for Purdue.

So, is Painter doing more recruiting among the transfer options than gets reported, or is Painter really confident he has his guy in Pack and isn't really going after anyone else aggressively?

Or, does Painter really love who he already has in the building and he's fine if Pack decides to go somewhere else...he's mentioned it multiple times throughout this past season that he is really excited about the current team but also really likes what he has in the future...he's referred to Furst as a "future all big ten player", so maybe he thinks some of the young guys are going to be much better from day 1 than the general public gives them credit for...thinking maybe TKR or Smith
You shouldn't get that high. Your wings might catch fire.
Berg handles the ball ok. He could run point. Anybody else
wanna toke on this? I need a sandwich, some burritos, chips,
fries, and a slab of ribs. Damn inflation.

I think you go all in on Pack. It’s not about counting your chicken or bird in hand, you send a message that you are our guy. You are the perfect fit here and will take us to the next level and we are committed to showcasing you like you we did for Carsen and Ivey.

if we don’t get them I’m not sure there is another must have. The others out there at PG don’t seem much better than Morton or even Hunter. Plus you got Braden.
Morton is not a B1G point guard and Painter knows it.

You're asking questions that none of us on here know. We can assume that he is going all in on Pack until he decides not to come here and then we get someone else out of the woodwork. Painter is always working so wouldn't shock me if there are some contingency things going on.

I can say for sure two things will happen with all of this, if Pack decides to go elsewhere the compl'inaters will go in to full meltdown mode. If Pack decides to come here the compl'ainters won't give Painter any credit for landing him.

It appears he is based on chatter in the transfer world. Maybe he is playing his cards close to the vest and has something else working? Maybe Hunter is option 3 that if Painter doesn’t pick up 2 guards he has a spot?

It appears he is based on chatter in the transfer world. Maybe he is playing his cards close to the vest and has something else working? Maybe Hunter is option 3 that if Painter doesn’t pick up 2 guards he has a spot?
I'll say a 80% chance of getting Pack, if we don't get him, maybe Hunter comes back and CMP just adds Penn.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and bkgolden
You're asking questions that none of us on here know. We can assume that he is going all in on Pack until he decides not to come here and then we get someone else out of the woodwork. Painter is always working so wouldn't shock me if there are some contingency things going on.

I can say for sure two things will happen with all of this, if Pack decides to go elsewhere the compl'inaters will go in to full meltdown mode. If Pack decides to come here the compl'ainters won't give Painter any credit for landing him.
I'm one your so-called "compl'ainters."

If Purdue lands Pack, I'll give Painter plenty of credit. If Pack decides to go elsewhere, then it must've not been the best fit for Pack, in Pack's opinion.

You good now?

Well since we didn't turn the ball over, yeah they were. Which is the point.
Just being able to bring the ball up without turning the ball over is a pretty low bar for a PG. That should be the default expectation.

Hopefully Purdue can find PGs who do more than just not turn the ball over, but who instead have a bit more of a dynamic element to their game.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Just being able to bring the ball up without turning the ball over is a pretty low bar for a PG. That should be the default expectation.
Well since we were talking specifically against the press, it is extremely important. If you're going to interject, at least keep with the context of the conversation.

Well since we were talking specifically against the press, it is extremely important. If you're going to interject, at least keep with the context of the conversation.
Fair, but I think the point still has merit when talking specifically against the press.

I think it's fair and okay to say/admit that Hunter and IT weren't/aren't optimally suited for breaking the press, although, overall, they did a fine job.

In all seriousness, though, can we cut the snark? I'm not trying to be combative, nor am I trying to "interject." I apologize for any animosity I've contributed to and/or caused.

Cheers.

In all seriousness, though, can we cut the snark? I'm not trying to be combative, and I apologize for any animosity I've contributed to and/or caused.

Cheers.
I can't/won't drop the snark because it's who I am. Sorry, just not going to happen and I have long admitted on here that is just how I am going to be. I am like that in real life too and admittingly is likely the result of being a rather large dude and get away with it because of that.

I will say I appreciate your response here however. Just over look what you deem snarky and we'll be fine.

My response was about whether Morton was physically capable of bringing up the ball against pressure. He probably isn't, but we can scheme to help him like we did Thompson/Hunter, who were similarly utterly incapable.
Too small a sample size. Painter would have our smaller guards try to dribble through, I don’t think Morton has the quickness to do that. However I do think with his height and passing skills he can be effective at passing out of pressure. If he gets doubled I think painter spreads the 4 and he finds the open guy.

I love Morton. I think he'll end up being a great player for Purdue. But a point guard in a traditional offense in the B1G, he is not.
We aren’t a traditional offense. He just needs to bring the ball up the floor and set up the plays. We are a motion offense for the most part.

Reactions: Level 42
I can't/won't drop the snark because it's who I am. Sorry, just not going to happen and I have long admitted on here that is just how I am going to be. I am like that in real life too and admittingly is likely the result of being a rather large dude and get away with it because of that.

I will say I appreciate your response here however. Just over look what you deem snarky and we'll be fine.
You sound like an asshole who has very few friends.

Well maybe you should reconsider your tact, that way you won't have to start anymore bitch-ass grown man apology threads, making amends to forum members for your bad e-behavior.

"Ahm uh big boy, so ahm big n' snarky, and that just how it gonna dadburn be!" derp derp drrrrrrrr

Well maybe you should reconsider your tact, that way you won't have to start anymore bitch-ass grown man apology threads, making amends to forum members for your bad e-behavior.

"Ahm uh big boy, so ahm big n' snarky, and that just how it gonna dadburn be!" derp derp drrrrrrrr
He wasn't really apologizing. He just didn't want to look bad to the rest of the forum...

Reactions: cgtboiler

Takes keen insight to admit you’re a dick. Takes a larger ego to think it’s a good thing. Being “big” is a pretty lame excuse because in you’re response you seem pretty small.

Takes keen insight to admit you’re a dick. Takes a larger ego to think it’s a good thing. Being “big” is a pretty lame excuse because in you’re response you seem pretty small.
I'll never understand why people insist on stirring the pot. Do you think your response is going to do any good?

I'm also not defending 42 .... But nothing good is going to come from this

Come on man. Your post really isn't any "better" than the one he made. And really his was quite tame camlared to what usually goes on.

Well congrats man, you've reached 42's level (see what I did there? :) )

You certainly can tell the season is over as all the high school drama posts are coming out. Good God people.

Last edited:

This is the best you can come up with? Go ask your wife's boyfriend for a better comeback line.

Pussies like you crack me up. Really

He wasn't really apologizing. He just didn't want to look bad to the rest of the forum...
Na I'd have to care what people on here thought first. But you already know I don't since you went and made a crying thread because I said I didn't care if you lived or died.

Which is still true. I know that makes you cry but you'll be okay.

What did I just read? Did you really just say you are a dick because you are a large dude and can get away with it? That explains alot. I have never heard a statement like that from someone who actually is a large dude. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT